13/14 final standings & info about the new season

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

13/14 final standings & info about the new season

Post by TJR » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:07 pm

Ideally I wanted to have last season wrapped up before preparations for the new one started. I've hung on as long as I can but now we need to get going with the new season. I'll post the final standings as they are at the minute although they will change. Everything has been put in except the Premiership ranking points as we are still waiting on PLS to reappear and update the final Premiership table. Once he's done that I will update the final rankings to the actual final rankings. Ideally I wouldn't have released them until the Premiership table was final but we can't delay the start to the new season any more without falling too far behind.

Obviously LLM and PLS will definitely finish on more points than TLROU and so could some of the other predictors from the Premiership. Therefore we won't know who the Prediction League Champion for 13/14 is until I can add the ranking points from the Premiership.

For this upcoming season we are making big changes to the structure of the Prediction League as a whole. Last season was probably the worst its ever been in terms of structure and organisation. Firstly we will be scrapping the League Cup and the Europa League as last season we had too many competitions which caused confusion for predictors not knowing when or where they needed to predict. We will also be getting rid of the PLS League, the MF League and the Championship. Instead we will just have one league running the entire season, predictors will play each other twice. There are a number of reasons for this change, firstly we didn't think there was that much difference in prediction ability between predictors in the Championship and Premiership therefore a merge would be sensible. Secondly it will be easier to manage and easier to predict on for the predictors as everyone will just need to predict in the same place. Finally it will allow us to avoid situations like we have with the ranking points now, as all members of the panel will have access to the league tables and will therefore have the ability to update tables. As at the moment only PLS has the Premiership table and none of the rest of us have it to update it for him. The new streamlined Prediction League structure will simplify things for predictors, avoid confusion, allow for quicker updates to the leagues and avoid the problems of last season.

For clarity the only competitions next season will be:

Premiership - League competition which everyone enters and will use only Premier League fixtures bar the odd catch up week.

Champions League - Group stage then knockout competition which everyone enters and will only use Champions League and Europa League fixtures.

FA Cup - Knockout competition that everyone enters and will use a range of fixtures from the footballing world.

Future Predictions - A one off prediction at the beginning of the season which everyone enters.

Sign up thread for the new season: http://www.toonforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6802" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by TJR on Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Re: 13/14 final standings & info about the new season

Post by PTAO? » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:15 am

Let's just end the calculations now <roll>

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:02 pm

Do I not get a bonus for being so far ahead in the Championship?
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Little Lion Man
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Little Lion Man » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:58 pm

Is there any way of finalising the Premier League standings without PLS? <scratch>

cbrad NUFC
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by cbrad NUFC » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:36 pm

Little Lion Man wrote:Is there any way of finalising the Premier League standings without PLS? <scratch>
Always worth a punt for ya.

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:04 pm

Little Lion Man wrote:Is there any way of finalising the Premier League standings without PLS? <scratch>
Not at the minute as none of us have access to the league structure PLS uses so its not just a case of entering results and the table automatically updating. I'd have to start again from scratch and I just don't have the time at the minute. I'm hoping PLS is planning on returning at some point and posting the final table. If not I'll try and sort it out if/when I get a bit of spare time but. In the meantime if anyone else has the time and wants to do it, all the threads you need are in the archive section.

This season there will be no chance of anything like this happening as we will be using league republic http://www.leaguerepublic.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to manage the league and all the panel members will have access to the login details to manage the league, meaning any of us can insert results into the system and the table will automatically update. Speaking of this season, you can sign up here http://www.toonforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6802" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Little Lion Man
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Little Lion Man » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:28 pm

TJR wrote:
Not at the minute as none of us have access to the league structure PLS uses so its not just a case of entering results and the table automatically updating. I'd have to start again from scratch and I just don't have the time at the minute. I'm hoping PLS is planning on returning at some point and posting the final table. If not I'll try and sort it out if/when I get a bit of spare time but. In the meantime if anyone else has the time and wants to do it, all the threads you need are in the archive section.

This season there will be no chance of anything like this happening as we will be using league republic http://www.leaguerepublic.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to manage the league and all the panel members will have access to the login details to manage the league, meaning any of us can insert results into the system and the table will automatically update. Speaking of this season, you can sign up here http://www.toonforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6802" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I may get chance this week to tally up what each person got in each gameweek to try and help out <ok> Unfortunately I won't be signing up this season as my Internet access will be sporadic and I'll hopefully have a job soon so my time on ToonForum will be limited anyway :( Good luck for this season :)