New Year's Eve

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

New Year's Eve

Post by originallad » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:25 pm

What's everyone up to?

I'm staying in with the wife and the dog. Opening a bottle of champers at 23:15 so there's just enough left to toast at midnight and then go to bed.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: New Year's Eve

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:25 pm

I don’t do much for NYE as it’s a load of bollocks. Used to go out and queue ten deep at the bar but not done that for years. Me and the Mrs stayed with family in Angelsey, stuck some music on, had a few drinks and some food, watched the bells come in then went to bed!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:02 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:25 pm
I don’t do much for NYE as it’s a load of bollocks. Used to go out and queue ten deep at the bar but not done that for years. Me and the Mrs stayed with family in Angelsey, stuck some music on, had a few drinks and some food, watched the bells come in then went to bed!
Aye it is a load of s****. I'm not interested in it at all... I don't drink anymore and I'm not arsed unless I'm on holiday somewhere.

If it wasn't for folk letting off fireworks (another load of s****) I'd have been asleep by 10 <laugh>
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:09 pm

Well in any case belated HNY to all forumists here
New Year just comes too soon after Christmas, all my hype and energy is gone by 31st. Everyone’s busted by Jan 1st

New Year celebrations should be moved to align with the financial year end in April
That’s a proper reason to get blotto
Clydeside & Tyneside