16%

Total votes: 62

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sun May 27, 2018 10:32 am

That I'm out of the office Tuesday.

FYI my office is in Liverpool and full of reds...
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun May 27, 2018 10:52 am

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:That I'm out of the office Tuesday.

Won't most people be off as it's bank holiday <scratch>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sun May 27, 2018 3:40 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:That I'm out of the office Tuesday.

It's not a bank holiday on Tuesday...
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun May 27, 2018 3:55 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:
It's not a bank holiday on Tuesday...
Ah I misread!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Tue May 29, 2018 6:55 am

People who insist on reverse parking all the time. Why? If anyone here does it, own up now so I can f***ing ban you.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Tue May 29, 2018 7:11 am

biggeordiedave wrote:People who insist on reverse parking all the time. Why? If anyone here does it, own up now so I can f***ing ban you.
Reversing into the space is much more of a pain than reversing out. Only time you should reverse into somewhere is if it means you don't have to reverse into a busy road when you leave or if you're unloading something.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Tue May 29, 2018 7:19 am

biggeordiedave wrote:People who insist on reverse parking all the time. Why? If anyone here does it, own up now so I can f***ing ban you.
Get the ban hammer out.... !

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Tue May 29, 2018 7:31 am

Magdia wrote:
Reversing into the space is much more of a pain than reversing out. Only time you should reverse into somewhere is if it means you don't have to reverse into a busy road when you leave or if you're unloading something.
Exactly this. A lad I work with actually reverses into a space when he could drive through the space behind and still be facing the same way <laugh>. It's hilarious to watch because it normally takes him a couple of goes just to get between the lines and even then it isn't straight.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Tue May 29, 2018 7:39 am

Micky Quim wrote:
Get the ban hammer out.... !
This is the moment I've been waiting for <awe>

Why do you do it though?! Surely it's easier to drive in forwards and reverse out?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue May 29, 2018 9:31 am

Firstly, I don't think you're in any position to comment on other people's driving <roll>

I've never actually thought of it as being any more difficult reversing in or out tbh. Neither are difficult. Obviously at the supermarket you want to drive straight in so that you can get to the boot easily to pack your shopping bags. Generally tho I'd reverse into the space so that I can drive straight out. I've got quite a long car so it's easier to see what's coming if you drive straight out. If I'm reversing out then I've got to get the ass of my car a fair way out before I can what's coming sometimes.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Tue May 29, 2018 4:56 pm

bigbelgiandave wrote:
Micky Quim wrote: Get the ban hammer out.... !

Why do you do it though?! Surely it's easier to drive in forwards and reverse out?
<laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

So I wouldn't do it if I needed to be in the boot obviously. I just do it so you can drive away quickly (especially if you have done a s*** in a Seat) and its easy so why not?

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Tue May 29, 2018 4:58 pm

Micky Quim wrote:
bigbelgiandave wrote:

<laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

So I wouldn't do it if I needed to be in the boot obviously. I just do it so you can drive away quickly (especially if you have done a s*** in a Seat) and its easy so why not?
If reversing into a small space is easy then surely reversing out into a big one is easier. <scratch> Therefore if you want to save time then you quickly shoot into a space going forwards then reverse out quickly when you need to leave.

This topic requires a poll <mob>

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Tue May 29, 2018 5:04 pm

Magdia wrote:
Micky Quim wrote: <laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

If reversing into a small space is easy then surely reversing out into a big one is easier. <scratch> Therefore if you want to save time then you quickly shoot into a space going forwards then reverse out quickly when you need to leave.

This topic requires a poll <mob>
It depends who has parked around you

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Tue May 29, 2018 9:54 pm

Always reverse in. Can't understand people who drive straight in. Reversing out into a big space might be easier than into a parking space, but you don't have to creep into the space slowly in case any cars or people are going past. Driving straight through is obviously the best way though.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Tue May 29, 2018 10:46 pm

ALF wrote:Always reverse in. Can't understand people who drive straight in. Reversing out into a big space might be easier than into a parking space, but you don't have to creep into the space slowly in case any cars or people are going past. Driving straight through is obviously the best way though.
so sweet when you find an unexpected one in a packed car park

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Tue May 29, 2018 11:52 pm

I usually park diagonally so that I can take up two spaces. Minimizes the chances of me gettin a scratch from some horrible poor persons car.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:00 pm

Leaving all my uni work until the last minute <wah> I've got so f***ing much that needs to be done before the deadline at 12pm on Tuesday <ergh>. I always make elaborate plans for how I'm going to split the work up promise myself I won't leave it until a few days before the deadline, yet I inevitably manage to convince myself that I've got it in hand and then f***ing leave it for weeks until the panic sets in.

<neg>

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:56 pm

bigbelgiandave wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:00 pm
Leaving all my uni work until the last minute <wah> I've got so f***ing much that needs to be done before the deadline at 12pm on Tuesday <ergh>. I always make elaborate plans for how I'm going to split the work up promise myself I won't leave it until a few days before the deadline, yet I inevitably manage to convince myself that I've got it in hand and then f***ing leave it for weeks until the panic sets in.

<neg>
Same. Sometimes I start right away, do about 10% of the work, then stop for weeks and convince myself that that 10% is basically like 90% so there's no need to do anything more till last minute <laugh>.

You're with the OU as well right?

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:04 pm

skalpel wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:56 pm
bigbelgiandave wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:00 pm

<neg>
Same. Sometimes I start right away, do about 10% of the work, then stop for weeks and convince myself that that 10% is basically like 90% so there's no need to do anything more till last minute <laugh>.

Yeah, doing it part-time so I'm onto my third year of six. This module has been about business and management and it has been incredibly dry. I've managed to do well on it so far, but I feel like I'm just writing utter s**** at the moment. Got about 1500 words left to write and, given that I work, I've only really got tonight and tomorrow night left to do it <laugh>.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:12 pm

bigbelgiandave wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:04 pm
skalpel wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:56 pm

Yeah, doing it part-time so I'm onto my third year of six. This module has been about business and management and it has been incredibly dry. I've managed to do well on it so far, but I feel like I'm just writing utter s**** at the moment. Got about 1500 words left to write and, given that I work, I've only really got tonight and tomorrow night left to do it <laugh>.
Jesus, good luck. I had similar once, a work deadline due the day before the essay was due and ended up going three days without sleep just to get everything done. The final night was hilarious, I woke up my girlfriend at about half past four in the morning with about a thousands words to go, looking like f***ing Jack Nicholson in the Shining, and saying "I don't know what words mean any more."

Edit - I'm also pretty sure I'd wasted the entire previous free week playing in the flash games tournament on here as well <laugh>.