Tomski
16%

Total votes: 62

asbo
Celestron Astromaster
Celestron Astromaster

Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by asbo » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:36 pm

I'd probably spend my time and winnings buying land around the world and re-planting indigenous woodland on it. Seriously. Most people would probably prefer their day job to doing that.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:36 pm

I could afford a new exercise bike seat for every day of my life <awe>

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:41 pm

AbsolutelyGlorious wrote:I'd probably spend my time and winnings buying land around the world and re-planting indigenous woodland on it. Seriously. Most people would probably prefer their day job to doing that.
Doing something amazing for the planet and seeing the world...? Or working in healthcare IT...?
Kindly deeds done for free!

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:46 am

Micky Quim wrote:I could afford a new exercise bike seat for every day of my life <awe>
And nobody on here needs to ask why <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Aldridge Prior
Dogemanding Traitor
Dogemanding Traitor

Post by Aldridge Prior » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:12 am

Micky Quim wrote:I could afford a new exercise bike seat for every day of my life <awe>
Micky Quumf

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:50 am

<laugh>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:35 pm

When you buy a domain name and every ****er and his dog bombards you with calls and emails offering web design services, logos and SEO.

Half 7 this morning some cronut calls me up and I tell them I don't need anyone to do any work as I'm a web developer/designer and they phone me back about 10 minutes later and ask the same question.

I've had 15 calls and 50+ emails in the past 48 hours and have now decided I'm giving up on being polite.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:36 pm

overseasTOON wrote:When you buy a domain name and every ****er and his dog bombards you with calls and emails offering web design services, logos and SEO.

Half 7 this morning some cronut calls me up and I tell them I don't need anyone to do any work as I'm a web developer/designer and they phone me back about 10 minutes later and ask the same question.

I've had 15 calls and 50+ emails in the past 48 hours and have now decided I'm giving up on being polite.
Who was the domain provider?
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:38 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
overseasTOON wrote:When you buy a domain name and every ****er and his dog bombards you with calls and emails offering web design services, logos and SEO.

Who was the domain provider?
Godaddy.

Used to use 1&1 but they started marketing the registrar data as well.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:18 pm

It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:25 am

Every f***ing newspaper, news website, news aggregator is saturated with pointless Trump news. "Watch: Trump Protests Around The World", "Trump Fury At Courts", "Ukraine Leader on Trump", "France offers refuge to anti Trump scientists"... It's literally more than half of the top stories anywhere you go.

There are more interesting and important things happening in the world for fucks sake, get this brainrot out of my face. <fist>

asbo
Celestron Astromaster
Celestron Astromaster

Post by asbo » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:17 am

skalpel wrote:Every f***ing newspaper, news website, news aggregator is saturated with pointless Trump news. "Watch: Trump Protests Around The World", "Trump Fury At Courts", "Ukraine Leader on Trump", "France offers refuge to anti Trump scientists"... It's literally more than half of the top stories anywhere you go.

There are more interesting and important things happening in the world for fucks sake, get this brainrot out of my face. <fist>
I still don't understand why supposedly peaceful Muslims would want to migrate to a nation which has just elected a forthright bigot and Islamophobe as head of state anyway. And you'd expect Trump to want to ease travel restrictions to and from Iraq and Syria; given his lust for torture and contempt for women he'd be perfectly at home in the Islamic State.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:27 am

Trump's bigotry isn't comparable with taking women as rape slaves, forcing them to wear certain clothes under threat of corporal or capital punishment, subjugating them politically and socially to the level of an inferior species, etc. I know you were kidding but some people actually believe there is moral equivalence <worried>. It makes loads of sense to me that people living in oppressive regimes would want to get to the USA.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:47 pm

I'm sick of reading about Trump every single day. People want to get a grip and move on. I didn't go smashing up windows and beating up Cameron voters when he got elected.

As for the travel ban, not that I think it's a good idea... but folk weren't complaining when Obama banned immigration from Iraq for 6 months in 2011.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:07 pm

I gave up on being polite to cold callers years ago.

If the mood takes me I just string them along for as long as it amuses me, in order to waste their time and cost them money and then when I've had enough I tell them to f*** off. But if i'm busy or just not in the mood then I miss out the fun bit and just go straight to the f*** off.

asbo
Celestron Astromaster
Celestron Astromaster

Post by asbo » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:31 pm

Chappy wrote:I'm sick of reading about Trump every single day. People want to get a grip and move on. I didn't go smashing up windows and beating up Cameron voters when he got elected.

As for the travel ban, not that I think it's a good idea... but folk weren't complaining when Obama banned immigration from Iraq for 6 months in 2011.
Nor were they complaining when his administration sold Gaddafi's weaponry to Islamic State, yet Trump is a villain for not offering refuge to the millions displaced by the carnage Obama caused.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:33 pm

AbsolutelyGlorious wrote:
Chappy wrote:I'm sick of reading about Trump every single day. People want to get a grip and move on. I didn't go smashing up windows and beating up Cameron voters when he got elected.

Nor were they complaining when his administration sold Gaddafi's weaponry to Islamic State, yet Trump is a villain for not offering refuge to the millions displaced by the carnage Obama caused.
Exactly. Very hypocritical.

Never seen a politician get so much s***. It's boring.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:29 pm

skalpel wrote:Every f***ing newspaper, news website, news aggregator is saturated with pointless Trump news. "Watch: Trump Protests Around The World", "Trump Fury At Courts", "Ukraine Leader on Trump", "France offers refuge to anti Trump scientists"... It's literally more than half of the top stories anywhere you go.

There are more interesting and important things happening in the world for f***s sake, get this brainrot out of my face. <fist>
Yeah it is being massively overdone. The biggest issue for me is that Trump is a dangerously deluded incompetent who could well do things that cause problems for the world. But any exposure that the media would give to such decisions will be lost in the avalanche of drivel they also churn out about him, so that it won't be heard loud enough or taken seriously enough when it really matters.

Also it reeks of an organised campaign to diss everything he says or does so is just going to entrench his fan base. Whereas nuanced and well argued analysis may actually be more effective at resisting his more ridiculous policies.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:28 pm

Sending the au pair back home to Italy as her father has been diagnosed with cancer and it's pretty much terminal.

Paid for her flight back, gave her a the remaining months worth of cash she would have earned anyway to help her out and have spent the last couple of hours talking to her about what to expect with chemo, radiation therapy and what effects it will have on her dads overall health and personality.

Brings back far too many memories of my mum and I wasn't sure to sugar coat expectations or go with the honest truth.

In the end I said to keep hope, remember the good times and if possible, get some time to yourself so you can cope.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:44 pm

overseasTOON wrote:Sending the au pair back home to Italy as her father has been diagnosed with cancer and it's pretty much terminal.

Paid for her flight back, gave her a the remaining months worth of cash she would have earned anyway to help her out and have spent the last couple of hours talking to her about what to expect with chemo, radiation therapy and what effects it will have on her dads overall health and personality.

Brings back far too many memories of my mum and I wasn't sure to sugar coat expectations or go with the honest truth.

In the end I said to keep hope, remember the good times and if possible, get some time to yourself so you can cope.
Good on you oT that is very kind of you! <gent>

And good advice as well. Not much more you could do or say really, and in terms of what you have done it is much more than many would.

Hope it goes well for her, as much as is possible in these circumstances.