Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Matchday thread - Toon v 'ammers

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:26 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:21 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:05 pm
Rewatching MOTD, can’t get over how bad Longstaff’s attempted finish was when completely unmarked in the box, really don’t think it’s possible for him to do any worse than he did <laugh>
He's getting progressively worse in all aspects of his game. His dire finishing could be excused before because he seemed vital to how we played, this season he's been horrendous.

Also on rewatching highlights today I'm undecided on if Dubravka could have done better for the Antonio and Bowen goals, for both he seemed so indecisive on whether to come off his line or not, think at the least he made both finishes much easier than they should have been, I think this is definitely where Pope is missed.
I agree. There is mitigation in that the defence in front of him has been so bad, but some of the goals we’ve conceded he should/could have done better and is definitely hesitant in coming out to clear danger. It’s clear that Pope is a huge upgrade on Dubravka.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:30 pm

This season Longstaff has been run in to the ground and has been having painkilling injections just so he can play. Not surprised he's getting worse. Lad needs a proper rest

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:32 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Rewatching MOTD, can’t get over how bad Longstaff’s attempted finish was when completely unmarked in the box, really don’t think it’s possible for him to do any worse than he did <laugh>
To add to that we (perhaps understandably) tend to slate Almiron's assist record, but when he's putting the ball at your feet on the 6 yard line and still not getting one maybe we should cut some slack...

That said did MOTD even show Isak's at a similar time? Not quite as much a sitter but poor for a top striker.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:47 am

Colly wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:32 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
To add to that we (perhaps understandably) tend to slate Almiron's assist record, but when he's putting the ball at your feet on the 6 yard line and still not getting one maybe we should cut some slack...

That said did MOTD even show Isak's at a similar time? Not quite as much a sitter but poor for a top striker.
No, don’t think they showed the Isak one but they were probably pushed for time given everything that happened!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?