TFI – Player Ratings vs Manchester Utd - 05 Apr 14

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

TFI – Player Ratings vs Manchester Utd - 05 Apr 14

Post by Cal » Sat May 10, 2014 7:25 pm

To come up with these figures we ask forum members to rate each player’s performance in the concerned game out of 10, which we then average out to get a rating representative of the fans’ views, we also collect a few user comments to summarise how the player did and show a few different viewpoints from the board. The top scoring player is man of the match; the lowest is mug of the match. This time 12 members cast their votes and shared their opinions.

Despite looking like maybe we'd be able to not lose this one, once again we conceded as a result of absent minded play towards the end of the first half and the floodgates subsequently opened to make it 11 goals conceded without answer in what was then a three game losing streak. Oddly, both our man and mug of the match were our strikers; Cissé's threatening play earning him a 5.92, while De Jong's ineffectiveness and lack of promise resulted in a 2.08. The team averaged a 4.05, while Pardew's record breaking abilities started early with a new season low 1.55.

[tfi]140405[/tfi]
(You can click on player names to go to their pages)
Elliot - 4.38 Ratings ranged between 3 and 6
"Should have done better for the free kick and for Hernandez's goal in my opinion. Did pull off a couple decent saves though."
"What was he to do with the s**** in front of him? Decent fingertip save against Hernandez, but could have done better on his positioning for the first goal."
"He didn't make a save that I can remember or find mention of (when Hernandez hit the post the ball doesn't look like it touched Elliot's glove at all). He was poor for the free-kick that started the self-destruction. His kicking seemed worse than Kruls, he put far too much spin on every ball, skewing them out to the right, and our players struggled to get near them or they'd go out for a throw-in."

Santon - 5.63 Ratings ranged between 4 and 7
"Decent performance with a few good crosses. He never seems to bust a gut when we are under attack though. Maybe I'm just comparing him to Debuchy too much."
"Not defensively superb (but no-one was), but showed his skill as an attacker. Now if only someone could get on the end of his crosses."
"One of our better players on the day although thats not saying much. Loads better at RB than LB, especially in terms of attacking. Was refreshing to see him go down the line and cross instead of cutting inside an losing the ball. One of only 4 players to acknowledge the fans at the end and the only on brave enough to come over and put his hands in the air and apologise. Shows he at least cares which is more than a lot of his team mates incuding the guy who is supposed to be captain."

Williamson - 3.71 Ratings ranged between 2 and 5
"Did what we know he can do simple, and solid."
"Wasn't good enough. At least he acknowledged the fans though. "
"For the first half hour or so he looked indomitable and dealt with everything that came near our box, didn't keep that standard up for the rest of the game. Made a few signature, aimless hooves to waste possession. Poor for the last two goals."

Coloccini - 2.46 Ratings ranged between 1 and 4
"Responsible for the second goal, but honestly it looked like he no longer cares. A pathetic excuse for a captain well maybe the captain of a sinking ship."
"Gutless coward. Should never play for the club again and he'll be remembered for the good times. Many more performances like that though, especially his antics after the final whistle, then he'll tarnish his reputation."
"Bailed out by Willo a few times and just generally poor. Doesn't seem to be interested any more and I hope he gets his move to Argentina or wherever so we don't have to see him on the pitch when he clearly doesn't want to be there. I'd far prefer we played someone who might have a future at the club."

Haïdara - 4.54 Ratings ranged between 3 and 5.5
"Better than Dummett. First touch lets him down though."
"Average, kept trying and got forward a lot without receiving the ball, some of his crosses left a lot to be desired."
"Alright. Can't cross for his life though, actually makes Dummett look like an achomplished crosser. Probably better defensively than Dummett."

Anita - 5.33 Ratings ranged between 4 and 6.5
"Looked decent in parts. He's the type of player who will look better when he has decent players to pass to."
"One of the few bright sparks. He's trying to be Cabaye but he's just not quite there. Would love to see him play in a genuinely talented team."
"Passing let him down again, to be fair he has little movement ahead of him other than Cisse."

Gosling - 4.00 Ratings ranged between 2 and 6
"Ok in parts but saying that isn't really good enough is it we need a 90 minute performance."
"Better than I thought he would be, difficult to know what to expect from a player who never gets a chance. Intelligent movement, found himself in loads of space on several occasions but others seemed reluctant to pass to him."
"He looked lively, but did nothing of note with the ball and made a few clumsy challenges, the most notable giving away a stupid free-kick that they scored from. Didn't get into the game enough to play in centre-mid."

Tioté - 4.13 Ratings ranged between 2 and 5
"Not at his best, but kept things running in the first half and made a couple of good passes."
"Didn't look up for it. Unacceptable display."
"Some sloppy passing but kept trying, should be captain."

Gouffran - 2.38 Ratings ranged between 1 and 4
"Not interested at all, don't understand why. Does he want away, if so please go."
"Lazy, not interested, should have been dropped weeks ago. Absolutely disgraceful performance. When he got subbed I was expecting the usual ripple of applause from our fans who have been deluded into thinking he is half decent but yesterday there was nothing. I think everyone else is sick of him now too."
"Occasionally did something, but yet again spent large chunks of the game standing around pouting and not even trying."

De Jong - 2.08 Ratings ranged between 1 and 4
"I'm afraid that he will probably be signed permanently. At least it will give him a chance to be Pardewed, which is scary considering how s**** he already is."
"Can't hold up a ball, can't hit a ball, can't read the game. Needs to get on the plane back to Germany."
"It's going to take a miracle and a few hat-tricks to get him up to Premiership level. Headless, weak and ineffective. We'll probably buy him anyway."

Cissé - 5.92 (MOTM) Ratings ranged between 5 and 7
"He's starting to improve at a time when the rest of the team is going downhill. Still should have scored though."
"So unlucky not to score, but the chances he had today had to be put away.So unlucky not to score, but the chances he had today had to be put away."
"Great movement, never stopped running, you can't help but love the fella but that chance he missed…"

Ben Arfa - 4.00 Ratings ranged between 2 and 6
"He didn't care, don't see why we keep thinking he is the answer. He offered nothing today."
"Selfish, apathetic, reminds me of Ashley/Pardew."
"Shot from ridiculous areas, had a go at least, his corners were an improvement on Santon's. He must be doing something seriously wrong in training if he can't get in a team like the one we put out yesterday. He really looks like he has piled the beef on."

Ameobi - N/A
"Why was he brought on at 85 minutes when we're 3-0 down AGAIN at home?!. An insult."
"Showed Gouffran how to stroll around the pitch like a pro."
"Not on long enough to have an impact."

Pardew - 1.55 Ratings ranged between 1 and 2.5
"I watched the bench after the second goal went in and I saw nothing. The coaching staff have no idea and are leaderless. No tactics, no ideas, no hope.

Watch the players they were beat before the game, I have tried to be fair with my markings but in all honestly I wanted to give them all a 1. We have no forward play, side to side is the cowards tactic. And I hate to say it but this is the worst Newcastle United side I have seen in years. I don't agree with the booing, but after today's game I don't think there will be enough fans left to boo the team off. Please Pardew leave us alone and go."

"The sooner both of them and the rest of our uninspiring coaching team leave the better. Hearing Pardew refer to ManUre as 'United' in the post-match interview was priceless."

"We actually had the better of the first half, but once the opening goal went in it all went to s*** and as always our management had no idea how to handle it but only how to compound the loss, so they stuck Cissé on the wing until it was time for the traditional subs; Ben Arfa on around the hour mark and Shola allowed a walk around the pitch for the last few minutes."