Re: Pavel Srnicek passes away aged 47

Post by UlversToon » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:13 pm

<rose> Very sad news indeed. RIP Pav.

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:17 pm

The only thing I remember about going to Peter Beardsley's testimonial is the crowd were going nuts for Pav when he came on. He got bigger cheers than Keegan. True Toon icon.

RIP Pav <rose>
Last edited by Heisen on Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

el héroe
Worst Santa Ever
Worst Santa Ever

Post by el héroe » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:17 pm

I really cant wait for this year to end... Its been the worse year ever !! RIP Pavel <cry>
'I WILL DO WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE'

Aldridge Prior
Dogemanding Traitor
Dogemanding Traitor

Post by Aldridge Prior » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:44 pm

Truly gutted when I heard the news this afternoon. RIP Pav.

Yacob
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Post by Yacob » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:28 pm

Gutted about the news and so young too. RIP Pav. <rose>

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:13 pm

<rose>
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

LukasK
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by LukasK » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:28 pm

Czech fan here. I don't normally intrude on another club's forum (I am a Sparta Prague fan), but I felt I wanted to share just how much Pavel genuinely loved your city and club. He was our goal keepers' coach when he died and played for many clubs throughout his career, but his one true love seemed to be Newcastle, even more so than Banik Ostrava, his Czech hometown club, where he first played in the top division of our country. I had the privilege of meeting him a few times, and his eyes lit up whenever Newcastle was mentioned (which was often, as he'd bring up the town and club himself regularly..). He felt at home amongst the Geordies and followed the club's results and goings-on religiously even years after he left, and everyone always felt that that was the place he wanted to be.

He was also genuinely one of the good guys. An absolute gent, modest and good-humoured, with not an ounce of arrogance or footballer's ego- very rare these days. When somebody passes away there is often a tendency to re-write their life story, and very ordinary people are suddenly put on a pedestal. With Pavel I can honestly say that this is not the case - there is nobody who has a bad word to say about him, he was a great guy and his death at the age of 47 is a tragedy. I hope that the fans will be vocal about what he meant to them at Newcastle's next game, his family would appreciate it.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:17 pm

LukasK wrote:Czech fan here. I don't normally intrude on another club's forum (I am a Sparta Prague fan), but I felt I wanted to share just how much Pavel genuinely loved your city and club. He was our goal keepers' coach when he died and played for many clubs throughout his career, but his one true love seemed to be Newcastle, even more so than Banik Ostrava, his Czech hometown club, where he first played in the top division of our country. I had the privilege of meeting him a few times, and his eyes lit up whenever Newcastle was mentioned (which was often, as he'd bring up the town and club himself regularly..). He felt at home amongst the Geordies and followed the club's results and goings-on religiously even years after he left, and everyone always felt that that was the place he wanted to be.

He was also genuinely one of the good guys. An absolute gent, modest and good-humoured, with not an ounce of arrogance or footballer's ego- very rare these days. When somebody passes away there is often a tendency to re-write their life story, and very ordinary people are suddenly put on a pedestal. With Pavel I can honestly say that this is not the case - there is nobody who has a bad word to say about him, he was a great guy and his death at the age of 47 is a tragedy. I hope that the fans will be vocal about what he meant to them at Newcastle's next game, his family would appreciate it.
<gent>

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:20 pm

LukasK wrote:Czech fan here. I don't normally intrude on another club's forum (I am a Sparta Prague fan), but I felt I wanted to share just how much Pavel genuinely loved your city and club. He was our goal keepers' coach when he died and played for many clubs throughout his career, but his one true love seemed to be Newcastle, even more so than Banik Ostrava, his Czech hometown club, where he first played in the top division of our country. I had the privilege of meeting him a few times, and his eyes lit up whenever Newcastle was mentioned (which was often, as he'd bring up the town and club himself regularly..). He felt at home amongst the Geordies and followed the club's results and goings-on religiously even years after he left, and everyone always felt that that was the place he wanted to be.

Welcome!

And thank you for the kind comments <ok>

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:22 pm

Great post
I dunno

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:26 pm

Brilliant post. Tear to the eye.

Also your English is better than mine.

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:04 pm

I dunno

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:08 pm

cry my eyes <cry>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:34 pm

<applause>

Wonderful post <ok>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

DMU
Tindall's Hoody

Post by DMU » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:47 pm

Such devastating news about Pav. The one save that sticks in my mind is the wonder save v Man Utd.

47 is far too you. RIP PAV you will be misssed

Tomski
Le Championski
Le Championski

Post by Tomski » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:01 pm

Pavel's playing days for us were slightly before I got into football, but I've seen his name mentioned plenty of times amongst other great NUFC players of days gone by.

A tragic loss. As has already been said, 47 is no age at all. RIP <rose>

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:46 pm

Steve Harper said he's getting buried today, in his Newcastle goalkeeper's top <cry>.
I dunno

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:49 pm

The sunset silhouette one?

That's Pav's top, in my opinion. Can never remember seeing Shaka in it. It's also fitting given the sun is setting if he were to be buried in that.

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:04 pm

The article showed this one, but I've no idea.

I dunno