No
26%

Total votes: 84

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Re: The 'Let's Embrace Relegation' Thread

Post by Toondes » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:19 pm

Hey , Leicester survived last season. Still clinging on to the last tiny bit of hope until it's mathematically impossible.
# stolen from nufc.com :)

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:44 pm

I've fully embraced it, we're down and if we're honest we've been down long before Rafa came in. Fortunate to get a point in the Derby and wouldn't have really deserved a point had we held on today. In a way I'm almost glad we didn't hang on for a point because that would have led to optimism which always leads to disappointment with this club. At least now we know where we stand.

I just want two things now; for Sunderland to join us in the Championship & to stay away from Nigel f****** Pearson at all costs!

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:54 pm

We are s***. Don't deserve to stay up.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:11 pm

Toondes wrote:Hey , Leicester survived last season. Still clinging on to the last tiny bit of hope until it's mathematically impossible.
You need to let it go. It will be less disappointing when the inevitable happens.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Yacob
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Post by Yacob » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:52 am

I've accepted it, its generally better for your health if you invest little emotionally in Mike Ashley's Newcastle United. I've only come to realise that today.

Goat
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Goat » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:55 am

Survival is out of our hands now in my opinion. After the cruelty of the Norwich defeat, the chances of us suddenly turning it around in the next game and going on to get the results we need are practically null.

We don't just need to match the performances and results of Sunderland and Norwich. We need to overhaul them considerably and gain 7 more points then Norwich do in the last 7 games. It's within the realms of possibility to match their points total over the remaining games, but gaining 2 extra wins and an extra draw than they do (or whatever other combination) in 7 games is incredibly, incredibly unlikely.

The only hope we have is that we suddenly go on a spectacular run and win more than 50% of our remaining games, whilst Norwich and Sunderland have a spectacular implosion and lose all of theirs. Even then though, it's extremely difficult, as if Norwich only get one more win out of the last 7 games, we would suddenly need 3 wins and a draw out of our last 7 unless we somehow improve our goal difference to overtake them on that.

I think we'll pick up a few wins over the remainder of the season, but they just won't be enough. We've still got to face Southampton, Man City, Liverpool and Spurs as 4 of the last 7. We had to get a win against Norwich not only to keep the points total up to speed but also to avoid them pulling ahead as the front runner for that final survival spot, and we failed on that count. Game over.
 ∧∧
(・ω・ )
uu_)~

PFT
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PFT » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:28 am

Goat wrote:Survival is out of our hands now in my opinion. After the cruelty of the Norwich defeat, the chances of us suddenly turning it around in the next game and going on to get the results we need are practically null.

We don't just need to match the performances and results of Sunderland and Norwich. We need to overhaul them considerably and gain 7 more points then Norwich do in the last 7 games. It's within the realms of possibility to match their points total over the remaining games, but gaining 2 extra wins and an extra draw than they do (or whatever other combination) in 7 games is incredibly, incredibly unlikely.

The only hope we have is that we suddenly go on a spectacular run and win more than 50% of our remaining games, whilst Norwich and Sunderland have a spectacular implosion and lose all of theirs. Even then though, it's extremely difficult, as if Norwich only get one more win out of the last 7 games, we would suddenly need 3 wins and a draw out of our last 7 unless we somehow improve our goal difference to overtake them on that.

I think we'll pick up a few wins over the remainder of the season, but they just won't be enough. We've still got to face Southampton, Man City, Liverpool and Spurs as 4 of the last 7. We had to get a win against Norwich not only to keep the points total up to speed but also to avoid them pulling ahead as the front runner for that final survival spot, and we failed on that count. Game over.
Absolute stat attack.

But yeah. We're f***ed.
formerly known as Bigi Bigi Bigi Can't You See & IMTE

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:47 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:We are s***. Don't deserve to stay up.
This.

It's as simple as that. We've played f***ing minging football. I'm ashamed to support this club. I don't think we'll come straight back up either.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MultipleJesuses » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:52 am

I still think we'll stay up <erk>
Don't hinder the Trinder

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:41 am

MultipleJesuses wrote:I still think we'll stay up <erk>
Like Dave said, let it go. Way too much work to done. It would be one thing if our form seemed encouraging but our last two performances told us all we needed to know.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:02 am

It's not over till the fat lady sings. She's getting warmed up but she hasn't started yet !!!
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Sime11
Wood's Touch

Post by Sime11 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:15 am

nope sorry we're goneski now :(

just hurts more that have a good manager now who wont stay when the season is over.....

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:06 am

Yacob wrote:I've accepted it, its generally better for your health if you invest little emotionally in Mike Ashley's Newcastle United. I've only come to realise that today.
I think I'm a little older than you, I long since learned it's better for your health to invest little in any variation of Newcastle United. One of our cleaners at work has heart issues but still has a season ticket in the Leazes, surprised she's still around...

PISTON (BLACKCAT)
Pope's Goalposts

Post by PISTON (BLACKCAT) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:27 am

It can all change again in 1 or 2 games. This race is far from over. The real damage was done when teams like Swansea and Palace(just about*) slipped the noose turning it into a 3 horse race.
At the moment Sunderland are playing better than a relegated team but that'll count for nothing after we started the season 8 games in. To be fair we were fairly patchy after those 8 games too. Since the january signings we have looked a much better outfit altogether. Not great but better than you'd expect from a team going down, which its starting to look like we will.

*I'm still watching palace closely but even their point yesterday could end up being decisive.

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:42 am

We need to rely not only on an absolutely unprecedented run of form to materialise out of thin air but also for two more teams to have absolute implosions and pick up barely any more points. We'll go down with games to spare.

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MultipleJesuses » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:19 pm

Juliet Papa Golf wrote:
MultipleJesuses wrote:I still think we'll stay up <erk>
Like Dave said, let it go. Way too much work to done. It would be one thing if our form seemed encouraging but our last two performances told us all we needed to know.
I honestly can't explain it. Like I can't see how we could survive, I just can't shake the feeling that we will. Maybe it's denial.
Don't hinder the Trinder

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:27 pm

Let's face it, villa us and the mackems are the 3 most mismanaged, consistently s*** teams in the league. The situation all 3 clubs find themselves in isn't a shock, it's been 3/4/5 years in the making. Coming from a Newcastle fan it'll sound bitter wanting Sunderland to drop too, but I'm sure even the rest of the country want all 3 to go down, because they deserve too. Let Norwich have their chance, cause we've had too many to turn things around.

Leicester v Southampton on in the background as I write this, god what I'd give to have either of their owners.
Last edited by TBC on Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:28 pm

Going down, going down, going down

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:19 pm

We're down and we deserve it. 1 point from 2games against direct relegation rivals isn't anywhere near good enough.

Our squad iabt anywhere near good enough for Premier League football either. Its full of vastly overrated deluded pricks and heartless chances. Our current squad wouldn't even get out if the Championship never mind stay in the Premier League.

PFT

Post by PFT » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:25 pm

We're down. We've persevered with players that don't care whatsoever about their performance for far too long and indulged their egos. Paying the ultimate price now. Part of me hope no-one buys the likes of Sissoko & Janmaat and they experience the toils of the 2nd tier, ie getting snapped during a midweek game at Scunthorpe away. f***ing gutless cronuts.
formerly known as Bigi Bigi Bigi Can't You See & IMTE