Post by Captain Obvious » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:43 am

Such charisma!

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Jonjo on Goals on Sunday

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:06 am

Did he say anything interesting?
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Jaiston
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Jaiston » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:14 am

Not a chance, he seems and sounds like a right boring sod <laugh>

Lidl
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by Lidl » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:55 am

Might be the most miserable looking human I've ever seen <laugh>
If This Is How You Folks Make Art, Well That's f***ing Depressing

Get It On My Back You Slag!

Holystone...
Grammer Police Chef
Grammer Police Chef

Post by Holystone... » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:57 am

Leben Das Ernste Leben wrote:Might be the most miserable looking human I've ever seen <laugh>
You clearly haven't met me then . :)
Ashley tells you it's raining. Do you look out the window?

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:04 am

A bit of pointless information here but he's hired his own personal Chef for £65k a year. I don't know who's got the better deal here, the Chef getting paid that much for making fish fingers or the fact Shelvey can pay his yearly wage from one week of his own wages. <laugh>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:54 am

TBC wrote:A bit of pointless information here but he's hired his own personal Chef for £65k a year. I don't know who's got the better deal here, the Chef getting paid that much for making fish fingers or the fact Shelvey can pay his yearly wage from one week of his own wages. <laugh>
Talk about having more money than sense!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:36 pm

TBC wrote:A bit of pointless information here but he's hired his own personal Chef for £65k a year. I don't know who's got the better deal here, the Chef getting paid that much for making fish fingers or the fact Shelvey can pay his yearly wage from one week of his own wages. <laugh>
I'm sure I read somewhere he did this to improve his diet and his performance. Apparently he was struggling with the recommended high protein, carbs only around training regime. He was told to do better so invested in help. For a weeks wage for the whole year.
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:37 pm

OT would've done it for less.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:50 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:OT would've done it for less.
Yeah but he doesn't do healthy

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:56 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
I'd say that is quite sensible. If he doesn't possess the cooking skills or nutritional knowledge to cook for himself then fairplay. Or even if he just can't be arsed.

I'd certainly have a personal chef if their yearly wage only cost me 1 weeks wage.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:00 pm

TJR wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:
I'd say that is quite sensible. If he doesn't possess the cooking skills or nutritional knowledge to cook for himself then fairplay. Or even if he just can't be arsed.

I'd certainly have a personal chef if their yearly wage only cost me 1 weeks wage.
I think the point is paying a personal chef £65k. It doesn't matter if it is only one week's wage or not. A personal chef should not cost that much. Especially taking into account that most top flight footballers eat quite alot of their meals at the training ground prepared by the clubs own chefs. Shelvey is being fleeced. That is the point.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:03 pm

that rich guy is paying someone more money than necessary, what a dick

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:06 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
TJR wrote:

I think the point is paying a personal chef £65k. It doesn't matter if it is only one week's wage or not. A personal chef should not cost that much. Especially taking into account that most top flight footballers eat quite alot of their meals at the training ground prepared by the clubs own chefs. Shelvey is being fleeced. That is the point.
If the chef travels with him to away games, works long hours don't dinner and stuff, that's loads of overtime and travel compensation.

Bear in mind also that if you employ someone on 35k wages, the actual cost to the employer is much, much more in national insurance, legal stuff, benefits etc

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:23 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Donkey Toon wrote:
If the chef travels with him to away games, works long hours don't dinner and stuff, that's loads of overtime and travel compensation.

Bear in mind also that if you employ someone on 35k wages, the actual cost to the employer is much, much more in national insurance, legal stuff, benefits etc
I seriously doubt that Shelvey's own chef would be travelling to away games. Clubs take responsibility for providing pre-match meals prepared by their own staff. Even assuming it was possible to arrange for the chef to do this (does he have a portable kitchen or does he have to beg the use of the hotel's facilities?), it is highly unlikely that the club is going to allow a personal chef to prepare food that is any different to that which its own chefs would think suitable, or be prepared to serve themselves. In which case the chef would be superfluous or in conflict with the clubs own dieticians.

Also the standard oncost for salaries is taken to be 22.5% of gross salary. So even assuming that the chef was paid £35k (which would still be too much by far for preparing no more than 21 meals a week for one person), then the salary cost would still come in under £43k.

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:37 pm

I regret mentioning it. <roll>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:38 pm

<laugh>

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:03 pm

TBC wrote:I regret mentioning it. <roll>
<laugh> <gent>

HowayTheLads
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by HowayTheLads » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:40 pm

Actually, £65k for a live-out, top chef is actually spot what you'd expect to pay. They'll be top trained and working hours that suit Shelvey (i.e. if he wants dinner at 8pm, not 7pm, the chef has to work round that).

Amazing the things people get so annoyed with though.