NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2017)

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2017)

Post by MultipleJesuses » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:31 pm

No big loss really. Would have been happy with a loan deal but I think we could go in for someone better in the summer tbh.
Don't hinder the Trinder

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:33 pm

Johnny from the block wrote:
Graw wrote:
Ive said it before but I'll say it again, if Shelvey gets injured I will be shitting myself
Same here. And if that happens, it will be Rafa's fauld because he clearly didn't push at all for creative midfielder.
I don't think anything to do with transfer dealings is "clear". Which is to say we never know whats going on behind closed doors, and only some stories become public. So although I think we do need depth in that position, we really can't know what staff were pushing for.

Jaiston
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Jaiston » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:44 pm

We are literally just banking the rest of the season on Shelvey staying fit and not doing something stupid to get a long ban.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:22 am

Not bothered at all. If Shelvey gets injured we'll still have options, just need to actually use them this time. Obviously they aren't as good but no club has back up options on the same level as first choice.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:17 am

ALF wrote:Obviously they aren't as good but no club has back up options on the same level as first choice.
Especially in the Championship.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:45 am

Doesn't the clubs in Championship has the right to take loan players for few more weeks?

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:53 am

The Chronicle are going to use this to speculate about Rafa's future for the rest of the season.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:28 am

TBC wrote:The Chronicle are going to use this to speculate about Rafa's future for the rest of the season.
and we're gonna get running updates on every minute of Townsends Season from here on.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:36 am

Beatski wrote:
Toondes wrote: Are you paying for it ? Sorry my bad <schteve>
you'd be bothered if we spent it on crap players
you'd be bothered if we didnt buy anyone else because we'd spent all our money on crap players
so saying you're not bothered because its not your money is stupid
The fact that people are crying over £2m is "stupid". Do you think £2m is 'all of our money' ? I couldnt give a f*** if a player cost Ashley £200m or £20m. Why would you care? It's pennies in modern day football and you only have to look at the insane prices teams are paying to realise that. Back to my original point , it's only £2m more ( did we honestly think we'd get him for exact same price) they don't need to sell.
I think people are playing Fifa and football manager a tad too much.

On another note , you saying it's stupid not to care about £2m. Do you get excited when the club announce profits or when they have saved money ?
# stolen from nufc.com :)

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:39 am

Can't wait to see our new signing play.

He'll win the Ballon d'Or.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:50 am

I was hoping I would wake up this morning with a new signing . Ah well. Is that right about the loan window being open longer for championship clubs ?

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:53 am

Toondes wrote:
Beatski wrote:
you'd be bothered if we didnt buy anyone else because we'd spent all our money on crap players
The fact that people are crying over £2m is "stupid". Do you think £2m is 'all of our money' ? I couldnt give a **** if a player cost Ashley £200m or £20m. Why would you care? It's pennies in modern day football and you only have to look at the insane prices teams are paying to realise that. Back to my original point , it's only £2m more ( did we honestly think we'd get him for exact same price) they don't need to sell.

On another note , you saying it's stupid not to care about £2m. Do you get excited when the club announce profits or when they have saved money ?
Er, it's £2million. when those 'pennies' add up and we can't afford a player then it matters, money isnt infinite in football even if the market is ridiculous. and its the principle anyway, why should we pay more than we sold him for when he's not improved.

I'm playing FM too much? (i play neither) you're living in a dream world where money and economics don't matter.

your other 'questions' aren't worth entertaining

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:54 am

Beatski wrote:
Toondes wrote: The fact that people are crying over £2m is "stupid". Do you think £2m is 'all of our money' ? I couldnt give a **** if a player cost Ashley £200m or £20m. Why would you care? It's pennies in modern day football and you only have to look at the insane prices teams are paying to realise that. Back to my original point , it's only £2m more ( did we honestly think we'd get him for exact same price) they don't need to sell.

Er, it's £2million. when those 'pennies' add up and we can't afford a player then it matters, money isnt infinite in football even if the market is ridiculous. and its the principle anyway, why should we pay more than we sold him for when he's not improved.

I'm playing FM too much? (i play neither) you're living in a dream world where money and economics don't matter.

your other 'questions' aren't worth entertaining
<doh>
Ok Hun xxx

Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:09 am

Well, the failed Second Coming of Jesus, shows how many millionaires have at the TF.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:54 pm

Toondes wrote:
Beatski wrote:
The fact that people are crying over £2m is "stupid". Do you think £2m is 'all of our money' ? I couldnt give a **** if a player cost Ashley £200m or £20m. Why would you care? It's pennies in modern day football and you only have to look at the insane prices teams are paying to realise that. Back to my original point , it's only £2m more ( did we honestly think we'd get him for exact same price) they don't need to sell.

Re the bit in bold, i'm not answering for beatski here, but the answer is yes.

I'd also point out, for what feels like the millionth time, that it is NUFC's money not Ashley's.

Also all this righteous anger is based upon assumptions as to the cause for the failure to sign Townsend anyway. It may not be down to the loan fee. Why not wait until you know what has happened before going off on a rant.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:00 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Toondes wrote: The fact that people are crying over £2m is "stupid". Do you think £2m is 'all of our money' ? I couldnt give a **** if a player cost Ashley £200m or £20m. Why would you care? It's pennies in modern day football and you only have to look at the insane prices teams are paying to realise that. Back to my original point , it's only £2m more ( did we honestly think we'd get him for exact same price) they don't need to sell.

Re the bit in bold, i'm not answering for beatski here, but the answer is yes.

I'd also point out, for what feels like the millionth time, that it is NUFC's money not Ashley's.

Also all this righteous anger is based upon assumptions as to the cause for the failure to sign Townsend anyway. It may not be down to the loan fee. Why not wait until you know what has happened before going off on a rant.
This. We should take this approach for most debates - because we rarely get the full story. I know on a forum we're going to speculate, but getting too mad or jumping to any conclusions is hardly reasonable unless the club comes out and explicitly talks about the story - which they rarely should do anyway (airing transfer laundry isn't a great idea).

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:23 pm

Apparently both sides had reasons to pull out. He was used from the bench last night, hardly surplus to requirements for Palace.

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:24 pm

ALF wrote:Apparently both sides had reasons to pull out. He was used from the bench last night, hardly surplus to requirements for Palace.
<perv>

Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:32 pm

Yesterday some of the jurnous said that everything was settled and around 4 pm he was ready to "break the news", but suddenly the deal was off. Which I presume mean that Palace pull it off, because if it was ashley or someone else of our club, Rafa will be furious and I think that today we would heard about his resignation or publicly at least to hinted about some problem with the hierarchy.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:51 pm

Johnny from the block wrote:Yesterday some of the jurnous said that everything was settled and around 4 pm he was ready to "break the news", but suddenly the deal was off. Which I presume mean that Palace pull it off, because if it was ashley or someone else of our club, Rafa will be furious and I think that today we would heard about his resignation or publicly at least to hinted about some problem with the hierarchy.
1) I definitely suspect Palace selling/loaning him would be have been dependent on them bringing someone else in to replace him, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were the ones responsible for it not going through
2) I don't think Townsend meant so much to Rafa that he would make a huge scene about it not going through regardless of who was responsible for it (not that me saying that is based on anything really)