Match day thread - NUFC v Rotherham

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Match day thread - NUFC v Rotherham

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:53 pm

It's fine to put across your option online so long as it is fair and justified. What isn't acceptable is when people show real hatred to people in real life (or even online).

I was at the Stoke away match a few years ago when there was a Pardew protest. I was ashamed to be a Newcastle fan that night with the level of outright abuse and hate people were hurling at Pardew from the stand when Pardew walked past <disgrace>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

golasambi
Pope's Goalposts

Post by golasambi » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:54 pm

agree ppl like us tht go shud b able say wt they want tbh plus hes a new poster so dnt rreat him like that or he wnt post nt a gd idea 2 hav a go at ppl be the bigger person guys x

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:06 pm

Just seen Shelvey's pass to Yedlin for the first goal <awe>

Plus Perez handling the ball in for his goal <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

golasambi
Pope's Goalposts

Post by golasambi » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:10 pm

readin bk he was bein a bit obnoxious as it went on bt earlier guys on here wer gangin up on him n making him nt feel welcome which is a bit mean like. ppl were nice 2 me n so im surprised tbh like saying friend n stuff was a bit condesending he was only sayin his mates bands played. trying to give a bit of info bout his life n only one person was nice about it others ganged up like i say. bt he also at fault for over reactin maybe havin read bk. we shud all try get alon everyone can hav opinion tho bt try be nice :)

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:15 pm

He was acting like a cock end. Got treated like one.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:17 pm

Anyone found any highlights for this yet?
I dunno

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:47 pm

Duke wrote:Anyone found any highlights for this yet?
Saw them on sky sports about half an hour ago <roll>

golasambi
Pope's Goalposts

Post by golasambi » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:47 pm

yeh bt chapppy its always better 2 b the gd guy. an eye for an eye makes whole wrold blind

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:14 pm

Minging when people act high and mighty about being a great fan because they don't slag the team off. If the team are playing s****, they should f***ing know about it. Boils my piss when we used to applaud our team off because they battled to a 2-2 draw at home to Hull and s***.

f*** THAT.

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MultipleJesuses » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:53 pm

Hjl wrote:I keep getting grief for saying we look like a championship side and pretty s***. Every time I watch, that's all I see. Dodgy muddle it over the line goals, huge defensive fuckups and a total lack of creativity in midfield.
Hjl wrote:We look quality, proper premiership material.
<laugh>
Not having a go, just thought this was funny.
Don't hinder the Trinder

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:13 am

MultipleJesuses wrote:
Hjl wrote:I keep getting grief for saying we look like a championship side and pretty s***. Every time I watch, that's all I see. Dodgy muddle it over the line goals, huge defensive fuckups and a total lack of creativity in midfield.
Hjl wrote:We look quality, proper premiership material.
<laugh>
Not having a go, just thought this was funny.

:D I was wondering if anyone would notice. Apparently people do read my posts :p

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:09 am

I dunno

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:15 am

Murphy, Mitro and Gayle all pretty much on a goal per start this season. Incredible.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:20 am

The Angry Badger. wrote:
ALF wrote:
<laugh>

For the record they sounded alright, who are they?
They're called The Pale White. <ok>
Just checked out their Spotify, only 4 songs on it but one has 426,000+ plays. Pretty decent.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:36 am

gawalls wrote: Ritchie's a worry though he's class again last 2 games with shelvey behind him feeding balls but he was missing for whole of shelveys ban..
possibly when Shelvey's out and Ritchie is our only creator it's easier to mark him out of the game?

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:53 pm

Every other article in the chronicle this morning is about Sammy f***ing Ameobi. Honestly if he gets another contract it'll be a joke, he's never a PL player.

Holystone...
Grammer Police Chef
Grammer Police Chef

Post by Holystone... » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:03 pm

As I said when all the fans around me saw him coming on it was like " wtf?". Perhaps we are either showcasing him for a move or the squad is paper thin . I'm not sure I know the answer.
Ashley tells you it's raining. Do you look out the window?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:12 pm

Holystone... wrote:As I said when all the fans around me saw him coming on it was like " wtf?". Perhaps we are either showcasing him for a move or the squad is paper thin . I'm not sure I know the answer.
I'd be amazed if he's not released in the summer. He's a low end championship or good league one player.

Seen as we had the game wrapped up by the time he came on I'd have preferred to see Barlaser come in. Best to try and see if he could make it rather than playing someone that we know won't make it here. I'll wish Sammy all the best if/when he goes but we need better.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:32 pm

Holystone... wrote:As I said when all the fans around me saw him coming on it was like " wtf?". Perhaps we are either showcasing him for a move or the squad is paper thin . I'm not sure I know the answer.
A lot around me (including myself) were hoping for him a bit sooner given how dire creatively we were in the first half, if nothing else he adds a spark of unpredictability. He came on because he was one of the few senior players on the bench due to injuries and the ACON, I can't quite grasp why people were so surprised.

At very least surely people can give him a chance while Atsu is away? The last time he played here he'll have been barely 23 and played most of his Newcastle career under utterly woeful management, if we gave Enrique a clean slate why not Sammy? The number of 'I made up my mind on him years ago's in this thread is pathetic really given his age and the standard of our side in those years.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:27 pm

Colly wrote:
A lot around me (including myself) were hoping for him a bit sooner given how dire creatively we were in the first half, if nothing else he adds a spark of unpredictability. He came on because he was one of the few senior players on the bench due to injuries and the ACON, I can't quite grasp why people were so surprised.

At very least surely people can give him a chance while Atsu is away? The last time he played here he'll have been barely 23 and played most of his Newcastle career under utterly woeful management, if we gave Enrique a clean slate why not Sammy? The number of 'I made up my mind on him years ago's in this thread is pathetic really given his age and the standard of our side in those years.
It's hardly pathetic because you don't agree with peoples opinion. He's not good enough but I guess people like you would happy give him a full career to try and prove himself. Are you saying he wasn't good previously because of the standard of the team around him and our management ?

Ps I wasn't slagging him off yesterday but do I think he's good enough? The answer is no.
# stolen from nufc.com :)