Club Hatred

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Re: Club Hatred

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:23 am

We should get that guy and his kids to re-record "Oh wa Geordies" too.
Kindly deeds done for free!

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MultipleJesuses » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:38 am

Palace because of all the high and mighty s*** they pulled when Pardew took over. West Ham because my adulterous ex-Brother-in-law was a big fan. Liverpool because of their fans. Tottenham because Alli seems like a smug little prick and Kane's a goppy t***. Stoke and West Brom because they're so boring. Barcelona because every time I watch one of their matches, they're diving and flailing about every 5 minutes.

Like someone else said, I don't hate any club but I do take joy in watching those teams lose.
Don't hinder the Trinder

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:51 am

Colly wrote:Home Newcastle is lovely. Frankly we need reminders of our heritage since over the last decade everyone's forgotten how to sing the first verse of Blaydon Races.
This. I don't know the proportion of people who live in Newcastle on this forum but I really like home Newcastle. I'm proud of my roots and relate to the song quite a bit.

In terms of 'hating' a club, again, I have friends who are mackems but on match day i'd say I hate Sunderland as much as anyone can hate a club. Hate to see them win, hate to see them constantly stay up, hate the way they go on about us and would quite happily see them get relegated down the leagues and get liquidated into nothing.

Other clubs I dislike are Villa, Forrest, Leeds, Everton & Chelsea.

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:07 am

Man United. Grew up around Manchester right of the start of their glory years. Absolutely horrendous. As I got older their fans got more and more arrogant. Have really enjoyed their decline since Ferguson left, would have enjoyed it more though if that purple nosed cronut had still been at the helm when it started.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:09 am

TBC wrote:
Colly wrote:Home Newcastle is lovely. Frankly we need reminders of our heritage since over the last decade everyone's forgotten how to sing the first verse of Blaydon Races.
This. I don't know the proportion of people who live in Newcastle on this forum but I really like home Newcastle. I'm proud of my roots and relate to the song quite a bit.
Not from Newcastle myself, but I have family from there and Newcastle has always felt like a second home to me and I love it <ok>
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:03 am

clubs I hate change depending the number of d******** they have, used to be chelsea, then liverpool, aston villa, now I f***ing hate man unt

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:19 pm

Liverpool,
Everton,
Spurs,
Palace
Villa

In that order. I actually don't have any ill feelings towards Sunderland, just find their fans' reactions hilarious when they do s***.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:22 pm

Presumably fans outside the NE aren't that bothered about Sunderland?

I'm not from the NE and I can't say I am. They're just another lower end PL club. Yes it's a decent occasion when we play them (well, apart from the last few seasons) but I don't view them any differently than I do someone like WBA.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:42 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:Presumably fans outside the NE aren't that bothered about Sunderland?

I'm not from the NE and I can't say I am. They're just another lower end PL club. Yes it's a decent occasion when we play them (well, apart from the last few seasons) but I don't view them any differently than I do someone like WBA.
Yeah I'm not too bothered. Got a couple of mates that support them and it's always a good bit of banter when we play them but I don't exactly dislike them. The RTG meltdown is hilarious but other than that I'm not particularly bothered by them.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:45 pm

ALF wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:Presumably fans outside the NE aren't that bothered about Sunderland?

Yeah I'm not too bothered. Got a couple of mates that support them and it's always a good bit of banter when we play them but I don't exactly dislike them. The RTG meltdown is hilarious but other than that I'm not particularly bothered by them.
I live in the Midlands and the big boss where I work is from the NE, he's a Sunderland fan. If I ever see him we have a quick football related chat (he thinks they'll stay up, although this was before they lost their last home match 4-0) but other than that I never encounter Sunderland fans so don't have anyone to have banter with even.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:11 pm

I was friends with a guy from Sunderland when I was at Uni. He was a top bloke. I don't hate Sunderland, just another club to me.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:19 pm

I've always been of the Bobby Robson school of hoping all the North East sides do well, but obviously us at the top. Frankly the mackems can finish second in the league as long as we've finished top. Friendly rivalry is great, embarrassing losers who will never leave their home town smashing up the Bigg Market have no place in football.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:27 pm

Strong dislike for Liverpool, Celtic, Grimsby and Man U fans although with Man U its more the fans than the actual club.

seatonsluicetoon
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by seatonsluicetoon » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:36 pm

Aldridge Prior wrote:
Hjl wrote:
I dunno if Newcastle fans can complain about a Liverpool song. Have you heard the music at half time on newcastles radio broadcast? Some sort of terrible local song about coming home to Newcastle. Makes my ears bleed.
Home Newcastle by Busker (Ronnie Lambert). Great song by a lovely bloke singing about his life, not sure how anyone can take umbrage to that.

I can't comment on Liverpool because I only know YNWA, but it's quite obvious why they're passionate about that one.

It's romantic and adds to a sense of identity that most football clubs simply don't have. I guess it's the "one club city" situation that breeds a sense of identity and pride.

It's a good thing <ok>
I don't get the romance. It's a song from a Rogers and Hammerstein musical. It's literally like us singing 'Oh What a Beautiful Morning' or 'Doh a Dear, A Female Dear' when the players come out the tunnel.
Supercalifragilisticexpiameobi

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:39 pm

seatonsluicetoon wrote:
Aldridge Prior wrote:
Home Newcastle by Busker (Ronnie Lambert). Great song by a lovely bloke singing about his life, not sure how anyone can take umbrage to that.

I can't comment on Liverpool because I only know YNWA, but it's quite obvious why they're passionate about that one.

It's romantic and adds to a sense of identity that most football clubs simply don't have. I guess it's the "one club city" situation that breeds a sense of identity and pride.

It's a good thing <ok>
I don't get the romance. It's a song from a Rogers and Hammerstein musical. It's literally like us singing 'Oh What a Beautiful Morning' or 'Doh a Dear, A Female Dear' when the players come out the tunnel.
Homer Simpson nailed that version :)

Holystone...
Grammer Police Chef
Grammer Police Chef

Post by Holystone... » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:46 am

ALF wrote:Liverpool. They think they're a really special club with a divine right to success. Reality is they're not particularly great. Also, nearly every song they've got is boring.

Beginning to hate Arsenal too, the way their fans are treating Wenger is an absolute disgrace.
This.
Ashley tells you it's raining. Do you look out the window?

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:56 pm

The Sunderland games are my most favourite and most hated games that we play. I'm from Newcastle and work with Mackems (who I get on with ) . On a match day the hatred I have for their club and the fans escalate to a level off the charts though. It's probably hard to understand , and no doubt sounds quite pathetic , but it's what I grew up with. For that 90mins I totally despise the club . After the games all done and dusted its back to normal. I take a lot of pleasure when they lose and I know they do to the same with us.
I've probably made myself sound mental but it's quite hrs to explain.
Last edited by Toondes on Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:12 pm

I don't hate Sunderland but I hate a lot of Mackems. I lived in the city and the majority of their fans are absolute helmets. They really are as delusional as they seem to be on RTG, and I don't just mean the odd delusional group every club has. A lot of them are quite unhinged, it's scary. My next door neighbour decided he didn't like me as a person purely because I supported Newcastle, I mean come on how childish can you be?

I have a few Mackem mates and they're top lads but they're few and far between based on my experience.

Aldridge Prior
Dogemanding Traitor
Dogemanding Traitor

Post by Aldridge Prior » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:44 pm

Heisen wrote:I don't hate Sunderland but I hate a lot of Mackems. I lived in the city and the majority of their fans are absolute helmets. They really are as delusional as they seem to be on RTG, and I don't just mean the odd delusional group every club has. A lot of them are quite unhinged, it's scary. My next door neighbour decided he didn't like me as a person purely because I supported Newcastle, I mean come on how childish can you be?
<scratch>

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:38 am

Aldridge Prior wrote:
Heisen wrote:I don't hate Sunderland but I hate a lot of Mackems. I lived in the city and the majority of their fans are absolute helmets. They really are as delusional as they seem to be on RTG, and I don't just mean the odd delusional group every club has. A lot of them are quite unhinged, it's scary. My next door neighbour decided he didn't like me as a person purely because I supported Newcastle, I mean come on how childish can you be?
<scratch>
I hate the Mackems - or any other group of fans -that judge me as a person based on my choice of football club.