Re: Match day thread - Brum v NUFC

Post by UlversToon » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:55 pm

Disappointing.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:55 pm

Should be winning games like that. But all we need to do from now on in is to match or better Huddersfield results which we have done this weekend.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:55 pm

ALF wrote:
gawalls wrote:huddersfield fans will breath a sigh of relief here, i know i'm being harsh but this just isn't good enough - draws wont do us any good with so few games left, where's our fighting spirit and will to win.
You're not even being harsh, it's pathetic. We get 7 points from 3 really tough games and then get 1 for the 2 we should win. 'World class' manager? Having a laugh.
i'm beginning to agree - for arguments sake if we fail to go up i wont be too upset if he refuses to stay, with our squad he should get us promoted and as far as i'm concerned there's no excuses for otherwise.

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:55 pm

Have we got two weeks off now?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:56 pm

TBC wrote:
ALF wrote:
You're not even being harsh, it's pathetic. We get 7 points from 3 really tough games and then get 1 for the 2 we should win. 'World class' manager? Having a laugh.
Best manager we'll get.
Best reputation definitely.

But he's got absolutely zero plan b. In games we're expected to win we can't break through. Not ideal when we're the biggest scalp in the division.

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:56 pm

Poor result that. Need 6 points from Wigan and Burton to make up for the last two.

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:56 pm

As the resident pessimist, even I can honestly say that didn't sound quite as bad as people are making it out to be. I think we were the better side and created more chances, we just couldn't finish them off.
Kindly deeds done for free!

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:56 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:Should be winning games like that. But all we need to do from now on in is to match or better Huddersfield results which we have done this weekend.
This.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:58 pm

Rafa is still clearly a world class manager. That doesn't mean we cant criticize him when we feel that he had done something wrong though. Poor subs, we are doing crap and he saves two subs for the last 10 minutes. He should have changed things around at the 60th minute. He seems to have favorites and cant see when they are doing poorly. Ritchie had a poor game today and he stayed on the pitch.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:58 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:As the resident pessimist, even I can honestly say that didn't sound quite as bad as people are making it out to be. I think we were the better side and created more chances, we just couldn't finish them off.
It's more because it's another failure to win against a side that's awful. I don't know the stats but since Zola took the job they're can't be many or even any other than Rotherham who've picked up less points.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:58 pm

Meh.

We were the better team but just not good enough in the final third. We really should have won that, they were very poor opposition.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:00 pm

originallad wrote:Have we got two weeks off now?
Yep, hopefully time to regroup and come back refreshed.

All three teams have two home games after the break, it's Wigan and Burton for us, Blackburn and Birmingham for Brighton whilst Huddersfield have Burton and Norwich. All three should be taking maximum points from those games and in all honesty, based on the way we have been playing, I can see it being us who slips up giving the initiative back to the other two.

Apologies for the negativity.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:01 pm

UlversToon wrote:
originallad wrote:Have we got two weeks off now?
Yep, hopefully time to regroup and come back refreshed.

All three teams have two home games after the break, it's Wigan and Burton for us, Blackburn and Birmingham for Brighton whilst Huddersfield have Burton and Norwich. All three should be taking maximum points from those games and in all honesty, based on the way we have been playing, I can see it being us who slips up giving the initiative back to the other two.

Apologies for the negativity.
unfortunately so can I

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:02 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:As the resident pessimist, even I can honestly say that didn't sound quite as bad as people are making it out to be. I think we were the better side and created more chances, we just couldn't finish them off.
Also this. I'm a massive Newcastle Utd pessimist but i wish people on this forum would get a grip. Huddersfield are flying playing excellent football and then get stuffed 4 nil against Bristol City. We've now bettered them by a point and +4 goal difference. It could have been better yeah, but it's still better then what Huddersfield achieved this weekend which is the main thing.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:05 pm

Oh dear, this place sometimes <laugh>

I'm sure Rafa and most people at the club know that this team is nowhere close to being good enough for the PL. But it is fine to get us back into the PL then the team can be overhauled. Even IF Huddersfield win their game in hand we'd still have a 4 point cushion and a massively superior goal difference with only 8 games left. And in those 8 games Huddersfield certainly won't be getting maximum points. So there's no need for people to start losing their s***.

We are creating umpteen chances every game, almost without fail. It's the players fault that they regularly miss piss easy chances. Regardless of that we're in a good position.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:06 pm

17 shots... 3 on target. Jesus <laugh>
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:07 pm

Things will seem better later after a couple of beers! After all we're now 7 points clear of third position - it was only six this morning - who will need at least 3 wins to catch us and they have only 9 games to play. It will still take a reasonably monumental collapse for us to fail and when has that ever happened?

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:08 pm

I agree BB. It's just makes me nervous is all, we don't exactly have an amazing track record when it comes to the transfer market and that's pretty much what's going to make or break us next season.

How ever you spin it we simply weren't good enough today to beat a terrible team. There are no excuses for failure, no one cares how you win, just win!

Jaiston
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Jaiston » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:08 pm

Two wins in the last five games?

No where near good enough at all, need Leeds to save us a bit tonight.