8,000 Cardiff City Away

CCFC
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

8,000 Cardiff City Away

Post by CCFC » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:20 pm

Championship club Newcastle United have asked Cardiff City for an allocation of up to 10,000 tickets for their match which has now been changed to a Friday night.

Cardiff City stadium holds 33,500 and the Bluebirds currently average about 16,000.

The away end holds about 2,300,but can be increased like it was for Aston Villa fans who brought 3,358 fans.

Apparently Cardiff are working on being able to give the North East Club 8,000 tickets and are expected to let them know this week.

Newcastle have asked for such a large allocation of tickets despite the match being changed to a Friday night,live on tv and an over 600 mile round trip.

Cardiff City's final home game of the season against promotion-chasing ' Newcastle United ' has been brought forward for TV coverage.

The Bluebirds were due to face Rafa Benitez's side on Saturday, April 29 at 3pm.

But the club have announced that the fixture will now take place the night before, on Friday, April 28 kick-off at 7:45pm., so it can be broadcast live on Sky Sports.

6,000 tickets have been allocated and can be increased to 8,000 if demand is there.

Got to say if you do bring that amount that's a cracking effort considering it's on sky and moved to a Friday night, should make for a fantastic atomasphere.

Would just like your thoughts on if you will sell out and are most planning a weekend as it's on a bank holiday too.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: 8,000 Cardiff City Away

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:49 pm

I think we'd sell out as it's our last away day of the season and a party atmosphere as we should be promoted by then. Plus like you say it's a bank holiday.

I went to Cardiff away last time we were in the championship, Colo got the winner i think and my train caught fire at Bristol.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

CCFC
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by CCFC » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:59 pm

Yea 1-0 if I remember correctly. Yea you lot be up by then so just st be a party atomasphere hopefully we can pull a decent crowd in and get a full stadium can't see it mind.

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:31 pm

Back when Colo was good <awe>
Kindly deeds done for free!

KingoStarr
First Night Blues
First Night Blues

Post by KingoStarr » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:02 am

Welcome !

I can definitely see us selling 8000 would be a cracking effort if we do. Well done to Cardiff in giving us a decent allocation, this season some teams have been frugal with what they have offered. Obviously certain ground sizes limit it.
The <erk>'sburg dynasty is over 3 seasons, 3 division 1 titles.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:14 am

Whilst i can see why they do it, it's really annoying when there's half empty stadiums and some teams don't give us more tickets when we'd easily sell more so fair play Cardiff.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Holystone...
Grammer Police Chef
Grammer Police Chef

Post by Holystone... » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:13 am

8,000 wall of noise . Happy days .
Ashley tells you it's raining. Do you look out the window?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:22 am

Holystone... wrote:8,000 wall of noise . Happy days .
Shame my membership has expired! Not going to renew until the start of next season, no point doing it now.

Aldridge Prior
Dogemanding Traitor
Dogemanding Traitor

Post by Aldridge Prior » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:23 pm

A load of us booked flights and accommodation for this to stay in Bristol for a couple of nights, not in the least bit annoying knowing that we now have to watch the match in Newcastle Airport.

Not arsed, still a mint weekend away with the lads, might dodge over to Cardiff anyway at some point. Judging by Twitter there's a few fans still going to Bristol for a night out on the Saturday so we'll no doubt bump into others at some point.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:05 pm

Hmm if it's 8k I might be able to get two tickets and run down from Merseyside...
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:35 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:Hmm if it's 8k I might be able to get two tickets and run down from Merseyside...
I imagine many people have tried running away from Merseyside <roll>

Nrm123

Post by Nrm123 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:26 pm

Hey All. I live in Cardiff and a mate of mine is a big toon fan. If anyone has the ability to get 2 away stand tickets but wont be using them I would appreciate the option to buy them from you if this is allowed.

Cheers

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:47 pm

Nrm123 wrote:Hey All. I live in Cardiff and a mate of mine is a big toon fan. If anyone has the ability to get 2 away stand tickets but wont be using them I would appreciate the option to buy them from you if this is allowed.

Cheers
Keep an eye on nufcawaytickets on twitter, spares come up there quite often but as it's our last away trip of the season it could be a struggle.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:00 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Holystone... wrote:8,000 wall of noise . Happy days .
Shame my membership has expired! Not going to renew until the start of next season, no point doing it now.
Had to renew my membership today just to get a ticket for the Barnsley game! £20 plus £1.95 booking fee! <fist>

Nrm123
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by Nrm123 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:43 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Nrm123 wrote:Hey All. I live in Cardiff and a mate of mine is a big toon fan. If anyone has the ability to get 2 away stand tickets but wont be using them I would appreciate the option to buy them from you if this is allowed.

Cheers
Keep an eye on nufcawaytickets on twitter, spares come up there quite often but as it's our last away trip of the season it could be a struggle.
I'll keep a look out. Ive had a message from @NUFCawaytkts but the message seems a bit strange. Has anyone used these?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:59 pm

Nrm123 wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:
I'll keep a look out. Ive had a message from @NUFCawaytkts but the message seems a bit strange. Has anyone used these?
I think they only retweet people who have tickets that are going spare. So they won't tweet something like '2 away tickets wanted for Cardiff'.