So..... Who comes in?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: So..... Who comes in?

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:34 pm

I'd take atsu for £5m as a squad player so long as we sign an international class winger for the first XI.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:50 pm

Beatski wrote:
ALF wrote:
I wouldn't take Gary Madine, Max Clayton or Conor Wilkinson. That's all 3 of their strikers <scratch>
<doh> he's moved to Notts County <whistle>
Can't see him moving. Think he's got to be the overwhelming favourite to win their player of the year award after our fans noticed they tweeted the link to vote.

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MultipleJesuses » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:22 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:I'd take atsu for £5m as a squad player so long as we sign an international class winger for the first XI.
This. Ritchie and a new signing as starters with Atsu and (hopefully) Aarons as back up would be super.
Don't hinder the Trinder

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:01 pm

MultipleJesuses wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:I'd take atsu for £5m as a squad player so long as we sign an international class winger for the first XI.
This. Ritchie and a new signing as starters with Atsu and (hopefully) Aarons as back up would be super.
Thirded. You can hardly buy squad players for that price, and you can do worse than have him as worst choice winger.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:20 pm

I'm over Colo wrote:
MultipleJesuses wrote:
This. Ritchie and Sammy Ameobi as starters with Atsu and (hopefully) Aarons as back up would be super.
Thirded. You can hardly buy squad players for that price, and you can do worse than have him as worst choice winger.
Fourthed.

Somebodys pinched my sombrero
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Somebodys pinched my sombrero » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:03 pm

Not convinced with Atsu. I'd rather have another push for Townsend, go for someone else or take a chance on Aarons.
Supporting the Toon since 1972.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:17 pm

Somebody's pinched my sombrero wrote:Not convinced with Atsu. I'd rather have another push for Townsend, go for someone else or take a chance on Aarons.
Massive season for aarons next season, make or brake...One way or another.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:43 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Somebody's pinched my sombrero wrote:Not convinced with Atsu. I'd rather have another push for Townsend, go for someone else or take a chance on Aarons.
My money is on breaks something by week 4 and ruled out for the season.

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MultipleJesuses » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:25 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
I know there's a bit of a "He's a crock, get rid" sentiment around him. Rightfully so, arguably. But from what I've seen from him, if he could stay fit he could be a solid mid-table winger. Easily. He has so much potential, it just depends on whether or not injuries have hampered him.
Don't hinder the Trinder

Willy Wonker
Tindall's Hoody

Post by Willy Wonker » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:07 pm

Hey lads,
Since I want to know Rafa transferal pattern during his time in Liverpool, I have looked this up. Hope this can give us some ideas on who we are bringing on board. As i have expected they consist a significant amounts of La Liga/Spanish players.
2004: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/liverpoo ... on_id/2004 (6 players)
2005: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/liverpoo ... lpos=&w_s= (6 players)
2006: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/liverpoo ... lpos=&w_s= (6 players)
2007: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/liverpoo ... lpos=&w_s= (4 players)
2008: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/liverpoo ... lpos=&w_s= (5 players)
2009: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/liverpoo ... lpos=&w_s= (3 players)
I have also noticed that he also takes in a number of championship player.
<ohnoes> <diva> <ohnoes> <diva> <ohnoes> <diva>
HWTL

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MultipleJesuses » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:30 pm

<erk> There are a hell of a lot of duds there. And the only successful signings were already well known talents save for one or two. Maybe giving him total control isn't a great idea.
Don't hinder the Trinder

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:54 pm

MultipleJesuses wrote:<erk> There are a hell of a lot of duds there. And the only successful signings were already well known talents save for one or two. Maybe giving him total control isn't a great idea.
I'm not sure it's a great idea. Even looking at last summer.

Sels: Flop.
Gayle: Success.
Ritchie: Success.
Gamez: Flop.
Hayden: Success.
Hanley: Flop.
Clark: Success.
Diame: Flop.
Yedlin: Success, just.
Lazaar: Flop.
Murphy: Flop.

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:03 pm

ALF wrote:
MultipleJesuses wrote:<erk> There are a hell of a lot of duds there. And the only successful signings were already well known talents save for one or two. Maybe giving him total control isn't a great idea.

How have Hanley and Murphy been flops?

They were signed as 4th choice CB and 3rd choice striker to fill out the squad. They done that very well and performed when they have came into the side. With Murphy even scoring some important goals. Diame has been ok as well, not great but certainly not a flop.

Success: Gayle, Ritchie, Hayden, Hanley, Clark, Diame, Yedlin, Murphy.
Flop: Sels, Gamez and Lazaar.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:42 am

Well at least the LB but actually really a central midfielder will be sorted... http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/fo ... s-12958444 <laugh>
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:46 am

Former Newcastle United left-back Davide Santon has been linked with a return to St James’ Park next season.

Reports in Italian publication Tuttomercatoweb claim that Santon has had contact from the Magpies about leaving Inter Milan at the end of the campaign.
<scratch>

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:57 am

Tsi wrote:
Former Newcastle United left-back Davide Santon has been linked with a return to St James’ Park next season.

Reports in Italian publication Tuttomercatoweb claim that Santon has had contact from the Magpies about leaving Inter Milan at the end of the campaign.
<scratch>
to be clear, I think the report is nonsense. The idea of it amused me greatly
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:17 pm

TJR wrote:
ALF wrote:

They were signed as 4th choice CB and 3rd choice striker to fill out the squad. They done that very well and performed when they have came into the side. With Murphy even scoring some important goals. Diame has been ok as well, not great but certainly not a flop.

So we paid more for a 4th choice CB than we did for our 1st choice? Hanley wasn't signed to sit on the bench, he was signed to compete for the first team. He's started 5 Championship games. He is still young but so far he's been a flop.

Diame has started 23 games and made 9 sub appearances in the league. Most of those appearances were as an attacking player. He's scored 3 goals(1 of which was an accident) and got 3 assists. £4.5m with no sell on value. Was signed to be a big player for us this season and hasn't nailed down a place. Definitely a flop.

Murphy is arguable. He was obviously signed as depth and he's made some positive contributions this season. But I'll never understand why he was signed when Rafa prefers a mobile frontman. 6 league starts and almost certain to be sold in the summer for a loss or spend the rest of his contract not featuring.

Yedlin isn't exactly a massive success either. He has shown enough to suggest he can start for us next season I'd say. But let's not pretend he's been brilliant, he's failed to hold down a place and only made 19 starts. Often behind Anita who a lot of people are happy for us to release on a free in the summer.

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:18 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Tsi wrote:
<scratch>
to be clear, I think the report is nonsense. The idea of it amused me greatly
I dunno, we do need another CM <roll>

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MultipleJesuses » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:42 pm

ALF wrote:
TJR wrote:

So we paid more for a 4th choice CB than we did for our 1st choice? Hanley wasn't signed to sit on the bench, he was signed to compete for the first team. He's started 5 Championship games. He is still young but so far he's been a flop.

Diame has started 23 games and made 9 sub appearances in the league. Most of those appearances were as an attacking player. He's scored 3 goals(1 of which was an accident) and got 3 assists. £4.5m with no sell on value. Was signed to be a big player for us this season and hasn't nailed down a place. Definitely a flop.

Murphy is arguable. He was obviously signed as depth and he's made some positive contributions this season. But I'll never understand why he was signed when Rafa prefers a mobile frontman. 6 league starts and almost certain to be sold in the summer for a loss or spend the rest of his contract not featuring.

Yedlin isn't exactly a massive success either. He has shown enough to suggest he can start for us next season I'd say. But let's not pretend he's been brilliant, he's failed to hold down a place and only made 19 starts. Often behind Anita who a lot of people are happy for us to release on a free in the summer.
Genuinely, without Murphy we wouldn't have been promoted as early as we were. When Gayle was injured and Mitro was underperforming (Sorry) Murphy's goals kept us in the chase.
The reason Yedlin hasn't played more games is a) Anita started as first-choice as RB until Yedlin overtook him, b) Rafa's constant rotation early in the season, c) injury. He's rarely been dropped for lack of form.

I do agree with the points about Hanley and Diame, though <ok>
Don't hinder the Trinder

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:06 am

your murphy point assumes that anyone replacing him wouldnt score though