Amanda Staveleys PCP Partners formally offer £300m to buy Newcastle

Graw
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Re: Amanda Staveleys PCP Partners formally offer £300m to buy Newcastle

Post by Graw » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:22 pm

Heisen wrote:
Graw wrote:
His contract will 10000% be bought out of by someone, the clause is meant to only be £5m or whatever
I agree but he's not going to 'walk tomorrow' as my Twitter feed is hysterically screaming at the minute.

He's gone as soon as a new club wants him though, I think we may the get the rest of the season with him but I would be absolutely stunned if he was still here on the first day of pre-season.
I think he will stay until the end of this season but yeah, no chance hes here summer or beyond

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:23 pm

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco wrote:If we do go down (if not this season then deffo the next), i can see us staying in the championship for a few season and then getting new ownership and they'll be no better than Ashley.
If we go down then I don't see how Ashley will sell us. Made it clear he doesn't want to make a loss, and the value of the club will plummet.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:27 pm

CIH wrote:
The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco wrote:If we do go down (if not this season then deffo the next), i can see us staying in the championship for a few season and then getting new ownership and they'll be no better than Ashley.
If we go down then I don't see how Ashley will sell us. Made it clear he doesn't want to make a loss, and the value of the club will plummet.
Then the whole club will be stuck in limbo, just like the Mackems.
Last edited by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco on Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ol' Dirty Bas Dost
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Ol' Dirty Bas Dost » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:27 pm

After initial shock, all I can say now is there is zero excuse for not investing. Ashley has no serious reason to think that we're not in danger of another relegation and if we go down he's put himself in a terrible position to sell the club. Even if it's financed with player sales (Gayle to Fulham as an example) we need a quality striker and no10 in this window as an absolute minimum.

Also, let's close this thread and let it f***ing die

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:29 pm

Yeah I’d be surprised if Rafa left mid-season, he seems to care about this young group of players and us fans too much to leave us hanging.

He’ll be gone the day after the season ends though.

Graw
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Graw » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:31 pm

No ones mentioned how this might affect the team now, I know they always say they dont think about it ect ect but they obviously do its going to have some kind of negative influence

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MultipleJesuses » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:32 pm

Not even gonna try and be positive about this. Pretty f***ing morbid all round and definitely heightens our chances of going down and Rafa walking. Seen some rumours it's a bargaining tactic from Mandy. Don't really believe that but I'll cling to it for hope.
Don't hinder the Trinder

MulticulturalMag
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MulticulturalMag » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:34 pm

This thread has officially replaced the Loic Remy thread as the most depressing thread on TF <neg> <neg>
纽卡斯尔联足球俱乐部!

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:36 pm

A bit late to cancel my first trip to Newcastle for manure game... right on my birth day. Nice.

Well, I'm hoping that ashley will have a long and good life. Right?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:39 pm

Thank f***, no more 'a source close to the club' s***. We all knew this was coming.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:43 pm

Oh well, onwards & downwards!

gotcoffee
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by gotcoffee » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:47 pm

Worth noting, no actual quotes from Ashley once again, all 'sources close to ..' **** .. (these taken from the Guardians take on things - https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ike-ashley)
In a release authorised by the Newcastle owner, sources close to Ashley told Sky Sports News: “It is only right to let the fans know that there is no deal on the table or even under discussion with Amanda Stavelely and PCP.”
Ashley extended that denial into personal criticism of Staveley, who fuelled media speculation that she might be interested in buying the club when she appeared at a Newcastle match, against Liverpool, on 1 October and was photographed in the stands at St James’ Park. “Attempts to reach a deal have proved to be exhausting, frustrating and a complete waste of time,” the source said.
You really can't believe anything these days unless it's right in front of your own eyes .. reckon there's more twists and turns to this yet.
ERROR you are not allowed to use images of Shola without his consent
Image Removed Automagically

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MultipleJesuses » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:50 pm

We are a lot quicker to believe this than anything positive that's been said <laugh> although I think that's mainly due to it being on Sky
Don't hinder the Trinder

Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:51 pm

gotcoffee wrote:Worth noting, no actual quotes from Ashley once again, all 'sources close to ..' **** .. (these taken from the Guardians take on things - https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ike-ashley)
In a release authorised by the Newcastle owner, sources close to Ashley told Sky Sports News: “It is only right to let the fans know that there is no deal on the table or even under discussion with Amanda Stavelely and PCP.”
Ashley extended that denial into personal criticism of Staveley, who fuelled media speculation that she might be interested in buying the club when she appeared at a Newcastle match, against Liverpool, on 1 October and was photographed in the stands at St James’ Park. “Attempts to reach a deal have proved to be exhausting, frustrating and a complete waste of time,” the source said.
You really can't believe anything these days unless it's right in front of your own eyes .. reckon there's more twists and turns to this yet.
Are you gonna believe if there's actaul ashley's quotes? I won't. Especially after "Benitez will have my backing if i'm here at January".

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:55 pm

At least we know where we are now and have a couple of weeks to react. My fear was the uncertainty around the takeover was making it difficult to spend money on players. Now we know the club has no option.

Better it happened now than in two weeks time.
Last edited by Donkey Toon on Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:56 pm

So if there’s never been a bid on the table why hasn’t the fat fucktard put any money into the club?
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:59 pm

Toondes wrote:So if there’s never been a bid on the table why hasn’t the fat fucktard put any money into the club?
Because there was a bid. There was a negotiating. Everything points that way. The fat tumour said that he will back Benitez if he's still here in January. Sixteen days passes without a single transfer. Now in one day two news about the three new players and the collapsed negotiations.

And besides Benitez was so convinced that the deal will be done.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:02 pm

<laugh>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:04 pm

Incoming transfers imminent then <divax>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:04 pm

Always suspected this might happen.

The relegation clause, if true, was a joke really. Ashley would never agree to something like that. Hopefully this means that we buy a few this window as I suspect Ashley can't afford another relegation.
REQUIEM