NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2018)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:59 am

I'm not getting excited as we won't get him. He'll want (or his agent will demand) at least £100k per week (and that's being conservative considering what some clubs will pay) and a hefty signing on fee.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:50 pm

Blještav Benny wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:59 am
I'm not getting excited as we won't get him. He'll want (or his agent will demand) at least £100k per week (and that's being conservative considering what some clubs will pay) and a hefty signing on fee.
That's a different (and reasonable) response though, because I think the other posters were suggesting he's not good enough. And maybe he would be, maybe he wouldn't, it's always an unknown with a striker from another league, but if that goal scoring record doesn't interest someone, I really don't know who could that's even vaguely in the realm of us buying them.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:55 pm

Have we signed a striker yet?

ColbacksFlamingBarnet
Shelvey's Precious

Post by ColbacksFlamingBarnet » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:31 pm

Can we just sign kenedy now please? Conte's probably not going any time soon anyway. Be more money for Abrohimivic to bribe his way back in

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:42 am

ColbacksFlamingBarnet wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:31 pm
Can we just sign kenedy now please? Conte's probably not going any time soon anyway. Be more money for Abrohimivic to bribe his way back in
If Ryder and Douglas was right yesterday about our budget... Than Kenedy's transfer will take probably about 60% of it. They defo will want more than 15 mill for him and our budget is close to the last season one.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:09 am

R&B wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:42 am
ColbacksFlamingBarnet wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:31 pm
If Ryder and Douglas was right yesterday about our budget... Than Kenedy's transfer will take probably about 60% of it. They defo will want more than 15 mill for him and our budget is close to the last season one.
Presumably that's 60% of whatever our transfer budget is, and anything we get for Mitrovic, Sels, Mbemba, Gayle (should be at least £40m for those 4 alone) would be extra. If we got Skrtel on a free as CB back up it still leaves money for a RB, midfielder and striker.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:42 am

Blještav Benny wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:09 am
R&B wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:42 am

Presumably that's 60% of whatever our transfer budget is, and anything we get for Mitrovic, Sels, Mbemba, Gayle (should be at least £40m for those 4 alone) would be extra. If we got Skrtel on a free as CB back up it still leaves money for a RB, midfielder and striker.
You know if that we will gonna need a replacements of those if/when they've been sold, right? And again there will be still 60% of our transfer budget gone on Kenedy.

Imo should get him on season long loan again and to pray the fluffy gentleman who own the club to f*** off soon.

The most part of the budget should be given for striker and number 10. And I mean a quality one. Not new Joselus.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:40 am

Delay in transfers is due to TV money from last season not being lodged yet with the club this is expected to happen on July 1st.

Had a conversation last night with Newcastle youth scout at the Kennedy Cup (Irelands youth club championship) he confirmed the above, he also stated that we have been watching strikers in Europe and are in early negotiations with a German and French club for a striker.

I mentioned Kramaric and Plea, he smiled and said he couldn't say anything more
I'll Hazard a guess

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:40 am

I'm not buying that transfer budget report

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:43 am

-No bids made for any players yet, according to the Chron.
-Quibbling over 500k with Anderlecht for Selz
-Rafa wanted 5 players in for pre-season starting. Now it's highly unlikely to even be 1.
-Transfer window shuts in 57 days.
-No progress expected in the coming days
-Season ticket prices rocket up

Why did we ever expect anything different from this shithouse of a club <erm>

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:17 am

Edison Heisen wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:43 am
-No bids made for any players yet, according to the Chron.
-Quibbling over 500k with Anderlecht for Selz
-Rafa wanted 5 players in for pre-season starting. Now it's highly unlikely to even be 1.
-Transfer window shuts in 57 days.
-No progress expected in the coming days
-Season ticket prices rocket up

Why did we ever expect anything different from this shithouse of a club <erm>
From what i'm told it is bull, we're just keeping things quiet from the press as there is fear if it is leaked in the press the prices go up
I'll Hazard a guess

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:18 am

R&B wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:42 am
Blještav Benny wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:09 am

You know if that we will gonna need a replacements of those if/when they've been sold, right? And again there will be still 60% of our transfer budget gone on Kenedy.

Imo should get him on season long loan again and to pray the fluffy gentleman who own the club to **** off soon.

The most part of the budget should be given for striker and number 10. And I mean a quality one. Not new Joselus.
Sels doesn't need replaced, nor Mbemba arguably (if we get Skrtel then that covers him anyway). I'm d happily take Kenedy on loan again but it wouldn't be an unwise move to spend 60% of whatever our transfer budget is on him imo. We need quality, not quantity.

Scalabrine
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Scalabrine » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:54 am

OverseersmademesupportenglandTOON wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:55 pm

Croatian number 9. He'll arrive after the World Cup.

ColbacksFlamingBarnet
Shelvey's Precious

Post by ColbacksFlamingBarnet » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:08 am

OverseersmademesupportenglandTOON wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:55 pm
<guns>

Still makes me sad that Rafa won't use Mitro. He might not end up being a world beater but he could be a bit like Andy Caroll when he played for us. A new number 10 and wingers with good crosses and he'll pick up goals. Feed the beast and he will score

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:11 am

Why do people assume we would pay for Kennedy in full, upfront? I know that used to be a something that worked in our favour but since the increase in TV deals/general price inflation i'd imagine that's no longer the case.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:12 pm

Besides, Kenedy wouldn't sign with us this early in the window anyway - he'll wait it out to see if a club playing in Europe comes for him, just as Chelsea will probably wait to see if they can get a bigger price for him.

Also, haven't they themselves previously reported we've had bids knocked back for players (forget their names already), so I'm not sure I'm buying that we haven't lodged bids for anybody.

Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:02 pm

We want Gotze... Riiiiiiiight.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:05 pm

R&B wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:02 pm
Going for 18mill apparently. Nothing in today's market, he won't come here but I think he will go somewhere surprising.

The massive TV deal means 'smaller' clubs can compete for European talent like him.

Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:08 pm

El Magdia wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:05 pm
R&B wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:02 pm
Going for 18mill apparently. Nothing in today's market, he won't come here but I think he will go somewhere surprising.

The massive TV deal means 'smaller' clubs can compete for European talent like him.
Yup. We're not even a "smaller" club. Thanks, Mr. ashley. You brilliant businessman.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:12 pm

R&B wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:08 pm
El Magdia wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:05 pm

Yup. We're not even a "smaller" club. Thanks, Mr. ashley. You brilliant businessman.
The tough thing is that despite maybe being able to afford to pay those fees, the smaller clubs still usually struggle to attract that talent to their club. So they end up having to pay more than the top clubs to get those players, or they pay top dollar for lesser talent. Not saying Gotze specifically won't surprise us all, was more so a general comment on the finances of being a non-top 6 PL side these days.