The Importance of Ayoze Perez

Deleted User

Re: The Importance of Ayoze Perez

Post by Deleted User » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:20 pm

I'm over Colo wrote:
Colly wrote:He's not really a forward though, and when he has played up top on his own (was West Ham the last time?) he's popped up with a few goals. He's not a world beater by any means, but given our lack of competition in that position (I don't buy the Ritchie arguments) I think he does a decent job, especially when he's never had a regular partner. Stats are stats I guess, but you tend not to see "assists of assists" and the role he played for Kenedy's second against Southampton was superb, though the Perez hating numpty who sits behind me failed to notice as per.
I don't hate the player, but the fact is in the time he's been with us, we haven't scored enough goals. And you can praise his effort, but if you're not creating goals one way or the other, the players up top, at #10 and on the wing have to be held accountable. I don't think he's good enough to be consistently starting in any of the attacking positions, and he's way too passive and doesn't try to get on the ball enough to play a deeper position. He's the best option we've had in the squad for the past couple years, but I really hope starting next season we have better options and he's more a role player or sub than frequent starter as he's been relied upon to be for the past several years.
<gent> <ok>

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:07 pm

To be clear I wasn't calling those of you who doubt him a numpty (as I'd be in that number too), just the guy behind me is an utter div who praises Ritchie for a good try if he does something s*** but berates Perez if he has the nerve to he tackled when surrounded by three men. He's also the man who loudly groaned with anger as Ben Arfa beat the first of his 4 men for the goal against Bolton as he thought his first touch was bad rather than amazing...

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:34 pm

Colly wrote:To be clear I wasn't calling those of you who doubt him a numpty (as I'd be in that number too), just the guy behind me is an utter div who praises Ritchie for a good try if he does something s*** but berates Perez if he has the nerve to he tackled when surrounded by three men. He's also the man who loudly groaned with anger as Ben Arfa beat the first of his 4 men for the goal against Bolton as he thought his first touch was bad rather than amazing...
I know - I said that for comical effect, self declaration is up there with sarcasm with the highest forms of humor. We've all met people like that.

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:43 pm

R&B wrote:He have 29 goals and 12 assists in 146 games in all competitions according to transfermarkt. But I suggest just to look his stats at transfermarkt. Compare them to his first season when he arrived from Segunda Division at age of 21. Not just goals and assists but also the position he played. Then and now.

Kinda remind me of Demba Ba. Ba was machine at season 11/12. Cisse arrives, and start scoring goals. But then Ba was moved to SS according to transfermarkt and he just stop scoring.
That's when Cisse came and Ba was moved to the left. I think I remember Pardew used to switch those two when Cisse first came.
But after the wonder-half-season Cisse had when he came Ba was stuck out on the left.
That wondergoal against Chelsea made Ba's future <erk>

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:51 pm

Oval85 wrote:
R&B wrote:He have 29 goals and 12 assists in 146 games in all competitions according to transfermarkt. But I suggest just to look his stats at transfermarkt. Compare them to his first season when he arrived from Segunda Division at age of 21. Not just goals and assists but also the position he played. Then and now.

Kinda remind me of Demba Ba. Ba was machine at season 11/12. Cisse arrives, and start scoring goals. But then Ba was moved to SS according to transfermarkt and he just stop scoring.
That's when Cisse came and Ba was moved to the left. I think I remember Pardew used to switch those two when Cisse first came.
But after the wonder-half-season Cisse had when he came Ba was stuck out on the left.
Cisse played centrally as soon as he signed. Ba only scored twice(I think) in the half season when Cisse went on a mad one. It was in the summer we decided to abandon the 4-3-3 and revert to Ba and Cisse up top. They never worked as a partnership and it also pushed Ben Arfa deeper.

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:09 pm

ALF wrote:
Oval85 wrote: That's when Cisse came and Ba was moved to the left. I think I remember Pardew used to switch those two when Cisse first came.
Cisse played centrally as soon as he signed. Ba only scored twice(I think) in the half season when Cisse went on a mad one. It was in the summer we decided to abandon the 4-3-3 and revert to Ba and Cisse up top. They never worked as a partnership and it also pushed Ben Arfa deeper.
You must be right since I somehow remember it now.... Even though 4-4-2 seems more like a illusion than a memory tbh.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:42 pm

Colly wrote:To be clear I wasn't calling those of you who doubt him a numpty (as I'd be in that number too), just the guy behind me is an utter div who praises Ritchie for a good try if he does something s*** but berates Perez if he has the nerve to he tackled when surrounded by three men. He's also the man who loudly groaned with anger as Ben Arfa beat the first of his 4 men for the goal against Bolton as he thought his first touch was bad rather than amazing...
For sure, I knew your post wasn't directed at fans like me. I'm definitely not yelling at Perez from my living room either, he doesn't do much to make me outright angry, just more a sense of letdown that he hasn't really upped his game or come to be the player we might have hoped when he arrived and showed some promise.

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:38 pm

I'm over Colo wrote:
For sure, I knew your post wasn't directed at fans like me. I'm definitely not yelling at Perez from my living room either, he doesn't do much to make me outright angry, just more a sense of letdown that he hasn't really upped his game or come to be the player we might have hoped when he arrived and showed some promise.
Nail on the head with that last bit. It's the lack of improvement that's disappointed me the most.

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:24 am

I actually think he's got a lot worse since his first season. He seemed to have so much confidence especially when it came to taking on players, now it's rare to see him actually go past a defender.
REQUIEM

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:30 pm

Ramone wrote:I actually think he's got a lot worse since his first season. He seemed to have so much confidence especially when it came to taking on players, now it's rare to see him actually go past a defender.
I agree. I think the desire not to lose the ball has overwhelmed his desire to take risk. Probably a Rafa thing.

Robbotoon
Pope's Goalposts

Post by Robbotoon » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:18 pm

<ayoze> Quality goal scored sat great finish Perez .

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:39 am

Up to number 2 in the Sky power rankings <laugh>

Here you go Benny Sky going mad with stat overload also I wonder if anyone actually takes this seriously <laugh>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:03 pm

Tsi wrote:Up to number 2 in the Sky power rankings <laugh>

Here you go Benny Sky going mad with stat overload also I wonder if anyone actually takes this seriously <laugh>
Thanks <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:09 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tsi wrote:Up to number 2 in the Sky power rankings <laugh>

Thanks <laugh>
<gent>

I had to look also after the last time as I didn't have a clue Wtf it was.

Southern fairy
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by Southern fairy » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:38 pm

There's a story going round of a deal agreed to sign for Betis. Probably a bit premature but from his quotes in a spanish interview he wasn't exactly shutting it down. Think I'd actually be a bit gutted if he was to leave.
Joe Kinnear: "I think they've got some magnificent midfield players; Tiote, Ben Afri, Yohan Kebab, Sissoko are very solid."

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:06 pm

Southern fairy wrote:There's a story going round of a deal agreed to sign for Betis. Probably a bit premature but from his quotes in a spanish interview he wasn't exactly shutting it down. Think I'd actually be a bit gutted if he was to leave.
I'd be pretty surprised if he went to Betis, and he's one of Rafa's preferred players. Unless he wants to move back to Spain which doesn't seem to be the case.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?