Mitrovic unobserved foul (not clickbait)

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Re: Mitrovic the idiot

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:12 pm

Colly wrote:He's being diplomatic. That's not the system, that's our greatest failing, the inability to create chances. If we're looking for a striker who wants to play in a defensive side who don't create chances we're going to struggle...
This. He was a striker having to explain why he was being shipped out, from a club that wasn't scoring goals, to save face. If you were trying to keep a WC position, and transfer market value, and a club picked Joselu The Goalless over you, it's reasonable to want to justify it.

Unrelated to this post, I think it's funny how everyone compares how many red cards other players get, and then refer to the times he could maybe have been shown red but wasn't (e.g. against Wolves last season). If we kept a tally of every players potential sendings off, a lot more players would be perceived to have a discipline problem.

Graw
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Graw » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:20 pm

I'm over Colo wrote:
Colly wrote:He's being diplomatic. That's not the system, that's our greatest failing, the inability to create chances. If we're looking for a striker who wants to play in a defensive side who don't create chances we're going to struggle...
This. He was a striker having to explain why he was being shipped out, from a club that wasn't scoring goals, to save face. If you were trying to keep a WC position, and transfer market value, and a club picked Joselu The Goalless over you, it's reasonable to want to justify it.

Unrelated to this post, I think it's funny how everyone compares how many red cards other players get, and then refer to the times he could maybe have been shown red but wasn't (e.g. against Wolves last season). If we kept a tally of every players potential sendings off, a lot more players would be perceived to have a discipline problem.
Would you say Mitrovic has a discipline problem?

Honestly my main issue with him (outside of him not fitting into the system) is that hes obviously absolutely thick as f***, he clearly cant help himself to not do these stupid things like throwing elbows ect. I think if he was capable of sorting his temper out he would have done by now.

Somebodys pinched my sombrero
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Somebodys pinched my sombrero » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:45 pm

steviemac14 wrote:"The incident was missed by Andre Marriner, the match official."

Well there's a f***ing surprise.
He must have been sat in the Arsenal dugout <ok>
Supporting the Toon since 1972.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:45 pm

Graw wrote:
I'm over Colo wrote: This. He was a striker having to explain why he was being shipped out, from a club that wasn't scoring goals, to save face. If you were trying to keep a WC position, and transfer market value, and a club picked Joselu The Goalless over you, it's reasonable to want to justify it.

Honestly my main issue with him (outside of him not fitting into the system) is that hes obviously absolutely thick as f***, he clearly cant help himself to not do these stupid things like throwing elbows ect. I think if he was capable of sorting his temper out he would have done by now.
I was using that name for it because it's the most common way I see people put it. I'm not actually sure if it's the most fitting description. I just think he's super passionate, and as part of that, has a temper that gets the best of him. Very reminiscent of Diego Costa in that way. For players like that, it's a risk management exercise, does their goal scoring or production make up for the higher risk of disciplinary issues? Personally, with how poor our forwards have been this year, I think he'd have been worth it. With different alternatives, maybe not.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:14 pm

Graw wrote:
I'm over Colo wrote: This. He was a striker having to explain why he was being shipped out, from a club that wasn't scoring goals, to save face. If you were trying to keep a WC position, and transfer market value, and a club picked Joselu The Goalless over you, it's reasonable to want to justify it.

Honestly my main issue with him (outside of him not fitting into the system) is that hes obviously absolutely thick as ****, he clearly cant help himself to not do these stupid things like throwing elbows ect. I think if he was capable of sorting his temper out he would have done by now.
In good company with Shelvey then <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:42 pm

PTAO wrote:One thing is for sure, we know better than a Champions League winning manager.
Come on. Do we now have to agree with every decision our manager makes because he's somehow infallible. Are we not allowed to criticise players either because we've never signed a professional contract? Where does that logic end? "Doctor, you're cutting off the wrong leg!", "Shhhh, I don't see your medical degree".

I actually agree that Mitro has a discipline problem, though mainly pre Rafa bar the end of the season before last and the one when he was hauled off before being sent off (sorry I'm Over Colo, that still counts. It was still the first half wasn't it?). However, he's a young player, he's still learning when he actually gets a game, and his goals/cards ratio for Fulham thus far has been very impressive. This non event that sparked this thread is a lot of fuss over absolutely f*** all.

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:33 pm

Colly wrote:
PTAO wrote:One thing is for sure, we know better than a Champions League winning manager.
Come on. Do we now have to agree with every decision our manager makes because he's somehow infallible. Are we not allowed to criticise players either because we've never signed a professional contract? Where does that logic end? "Doctor, you're cutting off the wrong leg!", "Shhhh, I don't see your medical degree".
Not at all, but when it comes to the point that every single week there are multiple comments about how Rafa has made a huge mistake in ousting Mitro it gets tiring. If you have a doctor about to take off the wrong leg, you'd get a different doctor. Its a poor analogy because you spend a lot more time with your leg and know it a lot better than a doctor.However if a doctor examines your leg in a way you are incapable of, and tells you your leg needs to be removed for XYZ, would you not trust him? I trust Rafa's opinion in developing a player he has a lot more experience interacting with than us. If he says he's not a good fit for the system, I accept it because Rafa has a tract record of being correct about footballing matters.

Do I hate Mitro? No
Do I think he is completely useless? No
Do I think all the strikers we have here are worse than him? No
Do I accept Rafa has a much better idea about his than all of us? Yes

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Re: Mitrovic unobserved foul (not clickbait)

Post by Colly » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:30 pm

<ok>
Fair point well made. I disagree with you to an extent as I do still think he's potentially dropped a bollock with his handling of Mitro, but I'm similarly in the middle as you are in terms of who's right or wrong. I just react to "don't question Rafa" in the same way you do to "Rafa's made a huge mistake". It's a bit cult like in some of our fans, he's just a football manager at the end of the day, and he doesn't get everything right.

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:44 am

some newcastle fans are bad grasses

'rafa rafa look what mitrovic did'

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:34 am

Colly wrote:<ok>
Fair point well made. I disagree with you to an extent as I do still think he's potentially dropped a bollock with his handling of Mitro, but I'm similarly in the middle as you are in terms of who's right or wrong. I just react to "don't question Rafa" in the same way you do to "Rafa's made a huge mistake". It's a bit cult like in some of our fans, he's just a football manager at the end of the day, and he doesn't get everything right.
Think this is spot on.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:44 am

Luque wrote:some newcastle fans are bad grasses

'rafa rafa look what mitrovic did'
<laugh>

krully at work

Post by krully at work » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:58 am

Colly wrote:<ok>

burn the heretic!