Tax issues at Villa

User avatar
Colback's Orange Tufts
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic
Posts: 10359
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:48 pm
Location: Near the ducks

Tax issues at Villa

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:54 pm





Well that's not good <worried>
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

User avatar
bigbelgiandave
Belgium
Belgium
Posts: 23095
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Northumberland... so not actually a Geordie

Re: Tax issues at Villa

Post by bigbelgiandave » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:08 pm

Image
Kindly deeds done for free!

User avatar
Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2391
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:46 pm

Re: Tax issues at Villa

Post by Hjl » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:24 pm

bigbelgiandave wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:08 pm
Image
Stop procrastinating!

User avatar
OverseersmademesupportenglandTOON
England
England
Posts: 18751
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location
Contact:

Re: Tax issues at Villa

Post by OverseersmademesupportenglandTOON » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:42 pm

I swear I will not laugh at them when they cry.

I'm better than they are.

User avatar
Crazy Ibrahimovic Hotdog
Sweden
Sweden
Posts: 962
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 am

Re: Tax issues at Villa

Post by Crazy Ibrahimovic Hotdog » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:14 pm

OverseersmademesupportenglandTOON wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:42 pm
I swear I will not laugh at them when they cry.

I'm better than they are.
I don't have your strength.

User avatar
Aldridge Perez
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Posts: 6583
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:40 pm
Location: Washington, Tyne & Wear

Re: Tax issues at Villa

Post by Aldridge Perez » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:06 pm

bigbelgiandave wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:08 pm
Image
Beautiful Image

User avatar
Fonda Trevanion
Beardsley's Ballbag
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:48 am

Re: Tax issues at Villa

Post by Fonda Trevanion » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:09 pm

So so very sad :)
First game Newcastle United v Burnley, 18 September 1965 W 3-2 Hilley Anderson and Bennett <love>

UlversToon
Egypt
Egypt
Posts: 3366
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:52 pm
Location: Cumbria

Re: Tax issues at Villa

Post by UlversToon » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:26 am

Very sad indeed.

User avatar
Toondes
Iran
Iran
Posts: 7011
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:23 pm
Location: Newcastle, High Heaton

Re: Tax issues at Villa

Post by Toondes » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:59 am

I’m devastated 🙏
# stolen from nufc.com :)

User avatar
TBC
Denmark
Denmark
Posts: 2834
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:05 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Tax issues at Villa

Post by TBC » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:06 am



I've heard the Sob on the Tyne banner can be used to wipe the tears of 10 Villa fans at a time.
Image

User avatar
OverseersmademesupportenglandTOON
England
England
Posts: 18751
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location
Contact:

Re: Tax issues at Villa

Post by OverseersmademesupportenglandTOON » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:42 am

From The Times:

American Peter B Freund, a minority shareholder in baseball's New York Yankees, is lining up a £75m bid to buy Championship club Aston Villa

User avatar
Don Sholeone
Switzerland
Switzerland
Posts: 8547
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: Tax issues at Villa

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:47 am

Seems to be a few fans from other clubs having similar reactions to ours, looks like they have a history of overly goading opposing fans and taking the piss at every opportunity, Karma really does suck haha.
TINO'S ON FIRE BARCELONA'S TERRIFIED
Image

User avatar
Aldridge Perez
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Posts: 6583
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:40 pm
Location: Washington, Tyne & Wear

Re: Tax issues at Villa

Post by Aldridge Perez » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:58 am

David Cameron's team too. Or was that West Ham? <erm>

User avatar
Blještav Benny
Croatia
Croatia
Posts: 24163
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Tax issues at Villa

Post by Blještav Benny » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:04 pm

Prince William might pull a few strings.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Crazy Ibrahimovic Hotdog
Sweden
Sweden
Posts: 962
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 am

Re: Tax issues at Villa

Post by Crazy Ibrahimovic Hotdog » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:06 pm

Aldridge Perez wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:58 am
David Cameron's team too. Or was that West Ham? <erm>
Probably Burnley. As for Villa having to sell their best players, other than Grealish who do they have of any value? That's not me taking a dig, I just haven't really paid much attention to them. Although the proposed 40m price tag for Grealish (which is ludicrous even for these days) would solve a lot of problems.

User avatar
Eu estou Colo
Brazil
Brazil
Posts: 8738
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Tax issues at Villa

Post by Eu estou Colo » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:59 pm

Crazy Ibrahimovic Hotdog wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:06 pm
Aldridge Perez wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:58 am
David Cameron's team too. Or was that West Ham? <erm>
Probably Burnley. As for Villa having to sell their best players, other than Grealish who do they have of any value? That's not me taking a dig, I just haven't really paid much attention to them. Although the proposed 40m price tag for Grealish (which is ludicrous even for these days) would solve a lot of problems.
They might have some players that other Championship sides will want, but otherwise they have a pretty old squad of players who used to fit in bottom-half PL sides - a lot like Bruce's managerial career actually.

I don't want clubs to fold, even though I dislike Villa as much as the next guy. But it's just another example of how you can never be too sure about new owners. Most seem as unstable as the last - which I guess is a product of how unsustainable the current financial climate of football is.

Lappland Brummie
Guest
Guest

Re: Tax issues at Villa

Post by Lappland Brummie » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:13 pm

Villa fan here. I popped in here a good while back to comment on our inexplicable rivalry with a team two hundred miles away. I didn't like the 'Sob on the Tyne' banner personally, and never saw the point of us gloating over the relegation of a team that other than playing them twice a year - don't take this the wrong way - meant nothing to me personally.

Money has killed football for me. I know the eighties were pretty grim, with the disasters at Bradford, Heysel and Hillsborough, but I still preferred football back then. It's alll about the money today.

I can understand the feeling of 'what goes around comes around' from you lot. I'd be exactly the same! But hey, don't forget we did you a small favour with Fulham - so how about a whip round so we can pay the lads at the end of the month? :)

User avatar
Crazy Ibrahimovic Hotdog
Sweden
Sweden
Posts: 962
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 am

Re: Tax issues at Villa

Post by Crazy Ibrahimovic Hotdog » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:46 pm

Lappland Brummie wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:13 pm
Villa fan here. I popped in here a good while back to comment on our inexplicable rivalry with a team two hundred miles away. I didn't like the 'Sob on the Tyne' banner personally, and never saw the point of us gloating over the relegation of a team that other than playing them twice a year - don't take this the wrong way - meant nothing to me personally.

Money has killed football for me. I know the eighties were pretty grim, with the disasters at Bradford, Heysel and Hillsborough, but I still preferred football back then. It's alll about the money today.

I can understand the feeling of 'what goes around comes around' from you lot. I'd be exactly the same! But hey, don't forget we did you a small favour with Fulham - so how about a whip round so we can pay the lads at the end of the month? :)
We will give you Clark back if you want.

Lappland Brummie
Guest
Guest

Re: Tax issues at Villa

Post by Lappland Brummie » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:42 pm

Deal. He'll have to get the bus here though. And we erm, can't pay him. Other than that - yeah.

Glad Nationaldagen, by the way! :)

User avatar
Eu estou Colo
Brazil
Brazil
Posts: 8738
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Tax issues at Villa

Post by Eu estou Colo » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:48 pm

Despite what I said earlier about the instability of money in football, I still sometimes wonder if the "money is ruining football" is overstating how different it is from back in the day? Like that it's a product of nostalgia. For example, people say it's the same ol' teams winning because they spend more than everyone, except you can look at a period like 1975-1990 in which Liverpool won 10 of 15 years, and there was even less parity.

Obviously players today make that much more than the normal joe than they used to (though I bet fans complained about player wages back in the day too), and % of club income devoted to wages has gone from ~40% to ~67%, but it probably wasn't your neighbour owning a club in the 70s either, and it's just gone from the richest man in the city owning the club, to the richest man in a region or country.

Post Reply