Vučkić's Video Shop

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Re: Vučkić's Video Shop

Post by skalpel » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:32 pm

Some assholes are remaking Total Recall <facepalm>.

Directed by the guy who directed Live Free or Die Hard <facepalm>.

Starring Colin Farrell <facepalm>.

And the director's wife <facepalm>.

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:34 pm

skalpel wrote:Some assholes are remaking Total Recall <facepalm>.

I'm worried however Colin Farrell won me over with In Brugges and The New World.

I just ordered a movie called Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai starring Forrest Whittaker <laugh> Don't worry it's not about a samurai dog, it's apparently quite good.
REQUIEM

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:35 pm

Is nothing sacred skalpel?

We'll know the hollywood soul has well and truly been sold when they cast Tom Cruise to play Rik in the remake of Casablanca. That or Nicholas Cage ... answers on a postcard as to which would be worse?

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:36 pm

Ramone wrote:
skalpel wrote:Some assholes are remaking Total Recall <facepalm>.

I'm worried however Colin Farrell won me over with In Brugges and The New World.

I just ordered a movie called Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai starring Forrest Whittaker <laugh> Don't worry it's not about a samurai dog, it's apparently quite good.
I've never seen it but I almost choked on my drink when somebody with good taste in films told me it was actually amazing. Everything about it makes it sound like an absolute disgrace but supposedly it's awesome. Let me know how you like it <ok>.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:37 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:Is nothing sacred skalpel?

We'll know the hollywood soul has well and truly been sold when they cast Tom Cruise to play Rik in the remake of Casablanca. That or Nicholas Cage ... answers on a postcard as to which would be worse?
Nicholas Cage would be so, so, so much worse. Even the thought of that happening is sickening <erk>.

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:38 pm

skalpel wrote:
Ramone wrote:

I've never seen it but I almost choked on my drink when somebody with good taste in films told me it was actually amazing. Everything about it makes it sound like an absolute disgrace but supposedly it's awesome. Let me know how you like it <ok>.
Will do <ok> However that name is an absolute disgrace even if the move is good <laugh>

[youtube]xP1-oquwoL8[/youtube]
REQUIEM

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:41 pm

Ghost Dog is quite good. I'll have to dig it out I haven't watched it in years. Good understated performance from Forest Whittaker ... although I seem to recall he had a bit of a thing for ice cream vans which was worrying. You'll have to remind me what that was all about ...

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:45 pm

Ramone wrote:[youtube]xP1-oquwoL8[/youtube]
<laugh>!!! I just watched the whole thing. The timing with the music at 1:20 is hilarious.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:55 am

Could be worse. Jim Carrey?

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:12 pm

The Shawshank Redemption is on ITV2 <diva>

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:41 pm

overseasTOON wrote:

Could be worse. Jim Carrey?
True that would be worse ... and i'll raise you Ben Affleck!

TheLittleGeordie
Incestuous Banter Runner Up

Post by TheLittleGeordie » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:12 pm

Quick question that I doubt anyone will see to answer before it's too late but is Alien 3 any good. I liked #1 and didn't hate #2 but three's normally the number where films start getting s***
Like a seahorse in the night, he rides with haste to his beloved's domain.

He is the silent guardian, the practical idealist, the man of peace prepared for war.

He is a Mackem.

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:13 pm

TheLittleGeordie wrote:Quick question that I doubt anyone will see to answer before it's too late but is Alien 3 any good. I liked #1 and didn't hate #2 but three's normally the number where films start getting s***
I've only seen it once but I remember it being alright. Not as good as the first two.
REQUIEM

TheLittleGeordie

Post by TheLittleGeordie » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:27 pm

I'll give a go then <ok>
Like a seahorse in the night, he rides with haste to his beloved's domain.

He is the silent guardian, the practical idealist, the man of peace prepared for war.

He is a Mackem.

Lidl
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by Lidl » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:39 pm

Tom Cruise, Ben Affleck, Jim Carrey or Nicholas Cage? Who is the worst actor? <puke>

Carrey for me. Then Cage, Affleck and Cruise.

Jim Carrey's face is the single most objectionable thing i have ever had the displeasure to see (and i've seen a man, melted in a bath).
If This Is How You Folks Make Art, Well That's f***ing Depressing

Get It On My Back You Slag!

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:51 pm

You'veBeenTiote'd wrote:Tom Cruise, Ben Affleck, Jim Carrey or Nicholas Cage? Who is the worst actor? <puke>

Jim Carrey's face is the single most objectionable thing i have ever had the displeasure to see (and i've seen a man, melted in a bath).
Carrey is miles worse than the rest of them. I actually quite like Cage. He's in some absolute s**** but when he's good he's really good. Affleck won me over with The Town and Cruise I'm not sure on.
REQUIEM

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:14 am

TheLittleGeordie wrote:Quick question that I doubt anyone will see to answer before it's too late but is Alien 3 any good. I liked #1 and didn't hate #2 but three's normally the number where films start getting s***
I actually thought Alien 3 was awful. The first two are good films, especially the first.

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:38 am

skalpel wrote:
I actually thought Alien 3 was awful. The first two are good films, especially the first.
This. Although it was not David Fincher's fault that the 3rd film was crap because it was his very first film as a director (previously just doing adverts and music videos) and the studio did not trust him to let him do anything he wanted to do and the script kept getting changed and it basically just turned out as a mess.

Also Alien is easily the best film out of the franchise.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:55 pm

Mifune wrote:
skalpel wrote:
This. Although it was not David Fincher's fault that the 3rd film was crap because it was his very first film as a director (previously just doing adverts and music videos) and the studio did not trust him to let him do anything he wanted to do and the script kept getting changed and it basically just turned out as a mess.

Also Alien is easily the best film out of the franchise.
I read about the interference Fincher had to put up with as well, along with budget cuts meaning the ending had to be downsized greatly. Infact there was so much interference I think Fincher would have been totally justified to ask for an Alan Smithee, although I think they may have stopped giving them out by then!?

And yes I agree Alien is the best of that franchise.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:57 pm

You'veBeenTiote'd wrote:Tom Cruise, Ben Affleck, Jim Carrey or Nicholas Cage? Who is the worst actor? <puke>

I'd say Cage is the worst, then Carrey, Affleck and Cruise in that order.

Saying that though i've been quite impressed with some of Affleck's efforts behind the camera, i.e. his direction of The Town and Gone Baby Gone. Knows how to make a good film even if he can't act for toffee.