Godzilla

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Godzilla

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Sat May 17, 2014 9:59 pm

I just saw it on 3D. Must say that I'm really impressed... this movie made the 1998 Godzilla to looks even more silly.
SpoilerShow
I like the most the fact that the movie was returned to the original japanese idea and the americans didn't make themselves a saviors of the human race... again.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Re: Godzilla

Post by overseasTOON » Mon May 19, 2014 1:39 pm

I bought myself a Godzilla tshirt:

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Mon May 19, 2014 2:19 pm

1998 Godzilla had Jamiroquai though

PFT
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PFT » Mon May 19, 2014 9:35 pm

SpoilerShow
I loved it , really liked how they delayed the pay off till the end and didn't just have it smashing stuff the whole time.
formerly known as Bigi Bigi Bigi Can't You See & IMTE

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat May 24, 2014 6:07 pm

I was a bit disappointed tbh.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Wed May 28, 2014 11:50 am

I was disappointed too.

The trailer made it look a completley different film, the film I would have much preferred to see:

Bryan Cranston discovers all the attempts/cover ups to kill Godzilla in the past, Godzilla smashes stuff, humans v Godzilla.

Instead its more about the other 2 weird looking things. If I wasn't expecting so different maybe i'd have enjoyed it more (never seen any of the others so don't know the original story).

TheLittleGeordie
Incestuous Banter Runner Up
Incestuous Banter Runner Up

Post by TheLittleGeordie » Wed May 28, 2014 12:21 pm

Did no one else think it was just the most insane film ever with peoples actions making no sense what so ever?
Like a seahorse in the night, he rides with haste to his beloved's domain.

He is the silent guardian, the practical idealist, the man of peace prepared for war.

He is a Mackem.

Nick
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Nick » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:23 pm

I finally got to see it on Sunday. Overall i enjoyed it i think, but it was far from perfect.

I dont think they decribed the origins of Godzilla very well at all, seemed to rush past it and focus too much on the whole human problems that they were desperate to convey.

I hate the look of the 'other two'. Just looked like something from a Honey i shrunk/blew up the kids movie.

The plot seemed to fly around different places and didnt make complete sense... but i only wanted to watch massive monsters smash s*** up to be fair.

I agree with the trailer point though, thats because entirely different people do the trailers these days. Definitely assumed the navy doing the HALO drop was to attack Godzilla from the trailer =[

veriaqa
Tindall's Hoody

Post by veriaqa » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:58 am

I was a bit disappointed at the lack of Godzilla in a Godzilla movie. Basically, Godzilla is just a side character in this movie. A movie with Godzilla's name as the title. :(

Nick
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Nick » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:25 pm

Its fine if they do it just to build up the suspense but to me it pretty moved seemed like a movie about humans and those two giant insects really...

DDuc
Hewf, Hewf, Hewf, Tactical Inept Mince
Hewf, Hewf, Hewf, Tactical Inept Mince

Post by DDuc » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:55 pm

Was fairly s*** writing behind it to be fair. Ridden with clichés, i.e. the stereotypical well informed scientist who tries to convince the stereotypical gung-ho general not to nuke things. There was barely any structure to the plot, the whole 'oh s*** there's another monster in America and now that's suddenly f***ing things up' moment kind of epitomises this. Most of the characters were s*** with no depth at all, with one of the few vaguely interesting characters perishing early on. Not sure how spoilery I'm allowed to be, but that whole 'Godzilla the saviour' crap at the end was just daft. Either way, he's still a f***ing giant monster that's probably responsible for the death of thousands of people on a cataclysmic scale, not really something to be worshipped.
Garrus Vakarian wrote:It's so easy to see the galaxy in black and white, but grey? I don't know what to do with grey...
My Ambition Knows No Bounds
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

Nick
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Nick » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:53 pm

Theres no spoilers. Which idiot goes onto a forum and clicks on a topic for a movie they havent seen yet and doesnt expect people to be talking about it? lol

Aye, cliches but then again... its a giant dinosaur destroying cities. Its bound to be full of them!

The whole saviour thing was a bit weird too... especially since theyd been blasting it with all sorts the entire movie up until then. What does it do now? Just forgive humans and sleep at the bottom of the sea?

newcarlos
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by newcarlos » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:11 pm

I loved it too but you can't beat a bit of B-Movie Godzilla. To be honest though, I'm biased since I'm a B-Movie obsessive! I like to collect the vintage posters like these from http://www.posterlounge.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. I already have a few Godzillas knocking around and a couple of other Japanese B-Movie posters that I love. The new ones are very spectacular but just aren't the same.
Last edited by newcarlos on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:20 pm

Nick wrote:Theres no spoilers. Which idiot goes onto a forum and clicks on a topic for a movie they havent seen yet and doesnt expect people to be talking about it? lol

Aye, cliches but then again... its a giant dinosaur destroying cities. Its bound to be full of them!

The whole saviour thing was a bit weird too... especially since theyd been blasting it with all sorts the entire movie up until then. What does it do now? Just forgive humans and sleep at the bottom of the sea?
Yep. Until they release a new Godzilla movie that is essentially the same 'introduction' to Godzilla but with some new faces.

A bit like every Spiderman/Hulk movie in the last decade.