MMA Thread

Chip Chipperson
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

MMA Thread

Post by Chip Chipperson » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:36 pm

I remember a few lads said they watched MMA, more specifically the UFC, so i decided to create a thread to discuss the sport in general and any up-coming events. <ok>
"How dare you. How dare you! Don't ever, ever call me a bully. I'm so much worse than that." - Malcolm Tucker

The Situation
No Thanks, I'm Full
No Thanks, I'm Full

Re: MMA Thread

Post by The Situation » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:55 pm

Watched a few of the events, think my favourite MMA fighters are either Rampage Jackson or GSP!

Chip Chipperson
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Chip Chipperson » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:21 am

The situation wrote:Watched a few of the events, think my favourite MMA fighters are either Rampage Jackson or GSP!
GSP is one of the greats, the guy is unbelievable! Rampage irritates me because of the time he coached on TUF.

Diego Sanchez and Alistair Overeem are 2 favourites of mine. I can't wait untill Dos Santos v Overeem!
"How dare you. How dare you! Don't ever, ever call me a bully. I'm so much worse than that." - Malcolm Tucker

The Situation
No Thanks, I'm Full
No Thanks, I'm Full

Post by The Situation » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:03 am

Ameobi's Apprentice wrote:
GSP is one of the greats, the guy is unbelievable! Rampage irritates me because of the time he coached on TUF.

Diego Sanchez and Alistair Overeem are 2 favourites of mine. I can't wait untill Dos Santos v Overeem!
Yeah really got into last year when it was GSP v Koscheck, and the whole TUF where they were coaches. I just like Rampage for the fact he always tries to knock his opponents out, not a great fan of fights that just end up on the ground all the time...

Think I want Overeem to win that fight!

KingoStarr
First Night Blues
First Night Blues

Post by KingoStarr » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:26 am

My favourite fighter is Probably Anderson Silva he's so technical its unreal !
The <erk>'sburg dynasty is over 3 seasons, 3 division 1 titles.

Chip Chipperson
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Chip Chipperson » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:20 pm

The situation wrote:

Yeah really got into last year when it was GSP v Koscheck, and the whole TUF where they were coaches. I just like Rampage for the fact he always tries to knock his opponents out, not a great fan of fights that just end up on the ground all the time...

Think I want Overeem to win that fight!
Koscheck was a prick on that season of TUF. It depends how much you appreciate the other arts. If you have 2 great BJJ fighters facing-off, their ground game would be great to watch. It's when you have wrestlers facing strikers, that's when it gets boring IMO.

They're both great strikers. Overeem just retired Brock Lesnar and JDS won the title - It should be explosive.
Last edited by Chip Chipperson on Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chip Chipperson
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Chip Chipperson » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:24 pm

KingoStarr wrote:My favourite fighter is Probably Anderson Silva he's so technical its unreal !
I lost respect for Silva when he mocked Damien Maia, in their fight 2 years ago. He's a great fighter, but he doesn't press his opponent.

KingoStarr
First Night Blues
First Night Blues

Post by KingoStarr » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:33 pm

KingoStarr wrote:My favourite fighter is Probably Anderson Silva he's so technical its unreal !
I lost respect for Silva when he mocked Damien Maia, in their fight 2 years ago. He's a great fighter, but he doesn't press his opponent.
I think he's quality I really like Dan Hardy as well just cause he don't take no s***
The <erk>'sburg dynasty is over 3 seasons, 3 division 1 titles.

Chip Chipperson
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Chip Chipperson » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:53 pm

Each to their own, i guess. I like Dan Hardy, but he may get cut if he doesn't win his next fight. He's started training with Frank Mir, Vitor Belfort and GSP. Hopefully he learns abit and comes back a better all round fighter.

The Situation
No Thanks, I'm Full
No Thanks, I'm Full

Post by The Situation » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:35 pm

You played the console game, he is unreal on that just keep doing flying knees all the time!

Having a Good time
Lee Ryder? Pfft. Twitter is Mine.
Lee Ryder? Pfft. Twitter is Mine.

Post by Having a Good time » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:26 am

Anyone here actually practice mma?
STv2 is now Sammy's First Touch

The Situation
No Thanks, I'm Full
No Thanks, I'm Full

Post by The Situation » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:31 pm

Sammy's Teckers V2 wrote:Anyone here actually practice mma?
Went to a couple of training sessions, but was basically me just get a beating for a hour, so kinda packed it in ha

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:17 pm

i can see Overeem dominating ufc for the next few years, the man is a monster.

i want to train in some martial arts but the ones i want are just way too expensive for lessons, id like to do Muay Thai and BJJ, would really like to learn krav maga too.

id train in MMA but never fight, my face is way too beautiful for that lmao :P

nufc4life

Post by nufc4life » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:59 am

there is a show at nissan sports club scumderland next month

Geordie Boot Boy!
Miggy's Smiles

Post by Geordie Boot Boy! » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:33 am

Anyone see Bisping fight lately? Chael Sonnen beat him by unanimous decision for a title shot against Anderson Silva. Thought Bisping was very unlucky though!

nufc4life

Post by nufc4life » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:43 pm

buzz berry old skool

Chip Chipperson
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Chip Chipperson » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:04 pm

Geordie Boot Boy! wrote:Anyone see Bisping fight lately? Chael Sonnen beat him by unanimous decision for a title shot against Anderson Silva. Thought Bisping was very unlucky though!

I watched it, Bisping was robbed .

Chip Chipperson
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Chip Chipperson » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:14 pm

Sanchez v Ellenberger is on ufc.tv tonight as it's being shown on Fuel TV in the states. Wankers!

Geordie Boot Boy!
Miggy's Smiles

Post by Geordie Boot Boy! » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:41 pm

Geordie Boot Boy! wrote:Anyone see Bisping fight lately? Chael Sonnen beat him by unanimous decision for a title shot against Anderson Silva. Thought Bisping was very unlucky though!

Silva would have beat him black and blue anyway like, but not the point.

Chip Chipperson
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Chip Chipperson » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:32 pm

Geordie Boot Boy! wrote:

Silva would have beat him black and blue anyway like, but not the point.
English fighters lack the skills of foreign fighters. I was surprised by Bisping against Sonnen, i actually think he would've gave it a good shot.