Skyrim

User avatar
skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies
Posts: 17101
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:36 pm
Location: Somerset

Re: Skyrim

Post by skalpel » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:12 pm

Dr. Lucien Sanchez wrote:Reading this has made me want to start playing it again, but the reason I stopped was because I got so tired of the incessant loading screens <neg>
Console version? I have pretty much no loading screens at all on my PC, just flickers for a second. I never get time to read the bit of text in the bottom right <neg>.
TheLittleGeordie wrote: <neg> I know
I saw one person claim he was one of the best and most original characters in any recent game
<erk>! I don't mind the idea of a psychotic jester, that's pretty cool. But they just totally ballsed it up by asking the voice actor to do an impersonation of a homosexual pig on cocaine.

User avatar
dls
Fur is Good
Fur is Good
Posts: 13588
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:40 pm

Re: Skyrim

Post by dls » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:20 pm

Yeah console :( It makes a simple task of going into a tavern, speaking to someone and leaving again take forever. It's so frustrating.

Tempted to stick it back in and finish the Thieves Guild quest line though <scratch>

User avatar
skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies
Posts: 17101
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:36 pm
Location: Somerset

Re: Skyrim

Post by skalpel » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:58 pm

Dr. Lucien Sanchez wrote:Yeah console :( It makes a simple task of going into a tavern, speaking to someone and leaving again take forever. It's so frustrating.

Tempted to stick it back in and finish the Thieves Guild quest line though <scratch>
Its certainly worth it for that.
SpoilerShow
How far into it [Thieves Guild] did you get?

User avatar
dls
Fur is Good
Fur is Good
Posts: 13588
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:40 pm

Re: Skyrim

Post by dls » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:08 pm

skalpel wrote:
Dr. Lucien Sanchez wrote:Yeah console :( It makes a simple task of going into a tavern, speaking to someone and leaving again take forever. It's so frustrating.

Tempted to stick it back in and finish the Thieves Guild quest line though <scratch>
Its certainly worth it for that.
SpoilerShow
How far into it [Thieves Guild] did you get?
SpoilerShow
Umm If I remember rightly, I'd just got the skeleton key, so I'm pretty far into it I think. I've done all the Dark Brotherhood and College of Winterhold quests, but I got sidetracked doing the Daedric ones and never got round to finishing the Theives Guild.

User avatar
Wot lad?
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1545
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:59 pm

Re: Skyrim

Post by Wot lad? » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:33 pm

skalpel wrote:
<erk>! I don't mind the idea of a psychotic jester, that's pretty cool. But they just totally ballsed it up by asking the voice actor to do an impersonation of a homosexual pig on cocaine.
Erm... I do have a name.
I love you all

User avatar
Ibra
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 7404
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Libyaaa

Re: Skyrim

Post by Ibra » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:13 am

I'm getting skyrim again today after I really didn't enjoy it last time. Hopefully I will have more time to play it now <divadance>.

User avatar
Van Beatski
Panama
Panama
Posts: 22295
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:19 pm
Location: The Dangerzone

Re: Skyrim

Post by Van Beatski » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:50 pm

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
Ibra
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 7404
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Libyaaa

Re: Skyrim

Post by Ibra » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:44 pm

The spider on the first mission scared the s*** out of me <grim>.

User avatar
Wedge Head Tiote
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 4382
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:04 pm
Location: London

Re: Skyrim

Post by Wedge Head Tiote » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:42 pm

Does anyone else find the problem with Skyrim is that you have to be in the mood to play it, and then you have to play for at least an hour to feel satisfied at the end. It's unlike Fifa where you can just play one match and stop.

User avatar
Nick
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2265
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:45 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Skyrim

Post by Nick » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:50 pm

Yep, its not as bad as Mass Effect 3 though. At least with Skyrim you can go on other games inbetween. Mass Effect seems to be like its Mass Effect or NOTHING.

I finished the main mission on Skyrim and now i have no urge at all to go back on and do dark brotherhood or thieves guild quests. The add on parts seem like theyve had horrible reviews as well.

User avatar
skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies
Posts: 17101
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:36 pm
Location: Somerset

Re: Skyrim

Post by skalpel » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:57 pm

The Thieves Guild questline was far more interesting than the main mission, in my opinion.

User avatar
FogOnTheRhine
Germany
Germany
Posts: 15481
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:59 pm
Location: Lidl

Re: Skyrim

Post by FogOnTheRhine » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:06 pm

I've been stuck for ages trying to get a staff back. f***ing overpowered fire mages and me choosing a race that's got f*** all against magic <neg>
If This Is How You Folks Make Art, Well That's f***ing Depressing

Get It On My Back You Slag!

B4E
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 6269
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:12 pm
Location: Bolton

Re: Skyrim

Post by B4E » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:05 pm

I got half way through the Mass Effect 3 campaign, and then my game froze and I've not been on it since. It's an excellent game so far, and it was probably just a one-time freeze. It's just I've never.. been in the mood to play it.

That was a month ago.

I did some main quest on Skyrim and that was so long ago I'm considering just starting all over again.
RIP

User avatar
Wot lad?
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1545
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:59 pm

Re: Skyrim

Post by Wot lad? » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:06 am

B4E wrote:I got half way through the Mass Effect 3 campaign, and then my game froze and I've not been on it since. It's an excellent game so far, and it was probably just a one-time freeze. It's just I've never.. been in the mood to play it.

That was a month ago.

I did some main quest on Skyrim and that was so long ago I'm considering just starting all over again.
I get like that with games.
I love you all

User avatar
ALF
Russia
Russia
Posts: 20161
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:46 pm
Location: Down Sowf

Re: Skyrim

Post by ALF » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:27 pm

Wedge Head Tiote wrote:Does anyone else find the problem with Skyrim is that you have to be in the mood to play it, and then you have to play for at least an hour to feel satisfied at the end. It's unlike Fifa where you can just play one match and stop.
100% this. Never in the mood to play it either <grim>

User avatar
skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies
Posts: 17101
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:36 pm
Location: Somerset

Re: Skyrim

Post by skalpel » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:46 pm

I've been in the mood to play it for over a solid month now <diva>. But then I've never been a huge enthusiast of Gaming, just tend to get amazingly enthusiastic about single specific games for ages.. sometimes years <worried>.

B4E
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 6269
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:12 pm
Location: Bolton

Re: Skyrim

Post by B4E » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:47 pm

I managed to get myself back into F1 2011 (2012 comes out September), and now I want to keep playing it. Tried this with Skyrim and I just couldn't do it <grim>
RIP

User avatar
skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies
Posts: 17101
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:36 pm
Location: Somerset

Re: Skyrim

Post by skalpel » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:01 pm

[youtube]FIxlF86usAE[/youtube]

User avatar
Ramone
Iran
Iran
Posts: 18625
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:47 am
Location: The Homeland

Re: Skyrim

Post by Ramone » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:09 pm

skalpel wrote:[youtube]FIxlF86usAE[/youtube]
The last one <laugh>
REQUIEM

User avatar
skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies
Posts: 17101
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:36 pm
Location: Somerset

Re: Skyrim

Post by skalpel » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:21 pm

Last one is the reason I posted it <laugh>.

Post Reply