FIFA 16

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

FIFA 16

Post by Cal » Thu May 28, 2015 6:56 pm

Introducing Women in FIFA 16

Play as Women's National Teams for the first time in the FIFA franchise. Choose from 12 teams and compete* in Match Day, an Offline Tournament, and Online Friendly Matches.

Available teams: Germany, USA, France, Sweden, England, Brazil, Canada, Australia, Spain, China, Italy, Mexico.

*Women's National Teams compete exclusively against other Women's National Teams.

The Rock Lobster
Is Shit
Is Shit

Re: FIFA 16

Post by The Rock Lobster » Thu May 28, 2015 7:02 pm

Disgrace
" Samaras is a special player." - A. Iniesta

DDuc
Hewf, Hewf, Hewf, Tactical Inept Mince

Post by DDuc » Thu May 28, 2015 7:15 pm

The Rock Lobster wrote:Disgrace
ah right...
Garrus Vakarian wrote:It's so easy to see the galaxy in black and white, but grey? I don't know what to do with grey...
My Ambition Knows No Bounds
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

Lidl
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by Lidl » Thu May 28, 2015 7:52 pm

Definitely simply a sales move rather than a quality of life move for the game. It's extra content though, not really gonna complain just because it's a calculated decision. Can't see many people playing with them that often though beyond initially just because it's something new.
If This Is How You Folks Make Art, Well That's f***ing Depressing

Get It On My Back You Slag!

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Thu May 28, 2015 8:24 pm

FIFA has been s*** ever since they took away player/manager mode.

Won't be buying it.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Thu May 28, 2015 8:59 pm

Same old EA/fifa, add something to take away the attention of the s**** Career Mode and awful gameplay.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Thu May 28, 2015 9:30 pm

It'll be s*** in manager mode when you lose half your team through pregnancy let alone injuries.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:56 pm

Surprising response.

Anyway, a good article on some of the technical challenges faced - http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2 ... first-time" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some of the passive benefits for the male side of the game; better animations (had to rework the system away from purely being height / weight based), long hair is less s***.

Also, I had no idea that Simon Humber died in April. He was the creator director of FIFA for the last four years, and a producer on various FIFA titles for seven before that.
The Guardian interviewed Rutter shortly after the death of long-time colleague Simon Humber, from ocular melanoma, aged 45. Humber was the Fifa series’ creative director. “When you make video games, you spend a great deal of time with people, and shipping an annual title makes a team very close,” says Rutter. “I worked with Simon daily for seven years, and feel like I – and the team – lost a family member. In terms of his legacy within Fifa, he was the daddy of Ultimate Team, and played a big role in career mode – many of the features coming this year were ones he was leading development on. We’ve planted a tree outside our office in his memory, and it was astonishing to read the reaction from so many in the Fifa community after he died.” Our condolences go out to Humber’s workmates, friends and family.

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:06 pm

But are they going to fix any of the millions of issues FIFA has had for last several regurgitations?

Oh look something new!

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:13 pm

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that yes, they will fix what they can of the issues (those which don't require a complete overhaul), while also adding new content / features. The two aren't mutually exclusive. It won't be perfect and bug free, and it wouldn't be even if they spent years on a single iteration. Career mode will likely always be a let down because it isn't a management sim.

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:23 pm

Well seeing as there have been some pretty basic gameplay issues that they have not done anything about for ages now, I am sceptical they will do anything about them this time. Career mode they have actively been making worse over the last few versions as well, so it would be nice if they stopped doing that. I know that fixing things and adding new features are not mutually exclusive, but they do seem to use new features to distract from them not fixing anything.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:12 pm

I'll do what I usually do. Say I'm not going to get it but then buy it on release day, play it for a few months then be bored of it before claiming I'll not bother buying the next one. Then the cycle will repeat.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Tomski
Le Championski
Le Championski

Post by Tomski » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:27 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:I'll do what I usually do. Say I'm not going to get it but then buy it on release day, play it for a few months then be bored of it before claiming I'll not bother buying the next one. Then the cycle will repeat.
<laugh> Same

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:57 am

https://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/cover-vote/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shola.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:48 pm

<laugh> Henderson winning
I had the first custom w***

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:00 pm

May be the first vote Arsenal haven't won. Although Liverpool are almost as bad as them so not surprising Henderson is winning.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:10 pm

Covers are being announced, many feature women so I'm sure some people will have a good whinge about that. <roll>
USA

Canada

UK
SpoilerShow

DDuc

Post by DDuc » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:15 pm

Cal wrote:Covers are being announced, many feature women so I'm sure some people will have a good whinge about that. <roll>
USA

Canada

UK
SpoilerShow
Arh nar women are gay har har
Garrus Vakarian wrote:It's so easy to see the galaxy in black and white, but grey? I don't know what to do with grey...
My Ambition Knows No Bounds
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:22 pm

British one should have gone with a woman.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:00 am

Ea don't care - they're just jumping on the bandwagon to exploit more markets. They won't be doing it for anything other than commercial reasons.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?