Entheogens

Wot lad?
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Entheogens

Post by Wot lad? » Thu May 03, 2012 3:57 am

Just wondering how people feel about them?

If anyone has tried any and if so which ones?

Have they have had much impact on your worldview?
I love you all

Le wilde un
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Re: Entheogens

Post by Le wilde un » Thu May 17, 2012 11:14 am

Haven't the opportunity to try any of them but it's on my to-do list.

What about thee?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H2jP9OMVI8

"Everybody does have a book in them, but in most cases that's where it should stay."

Wot lad?
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Wot lad? » Thu May 17, 2012 2:47 pm

The Wilde one wrote:Haven't the opportunity to try any of them but it's on my to-do list.

What about thee?

My list is as follows:

Mushrooms
DMT
2cb
Salvia

Ironically the most illegal of those is the purest experience, DMT. It's the best feeling, the most rewarding and I could handle a job interview 20 minutes after consumption and probably make a better impression than if I was sober.

Salvia is legal but I don't recommend it, it's very evil in my experience, like being on the Truman Show mixed with a nightmare for 5 mins, then its gone. In just the right dose it can be very funny but it's not worth it.

I still await LSD and Mescaline but I can't see that happening anytime soon.

Moreover I didn't "break through" with DMT so I hope I can experience that in the future. The after effects of DMT are marvelous, a really clear head and no hangover yet everything is visually enhanced and all surfaces have a silk-like mesh on them, mind synesthesia can occur also like the feeling of a silky texture when you rub fingertips together. I was a bit tipsy when I did it and it sobered me up. Intense visuals only lasted 2 minutes tops.

Shrooms last ages, multiple hours. At one stage my hands turned invisible, I could see into the feelings of others, faces changed, feelings of superiority can arise. Could look down at my jumper and see intense detail and zoom, wispy smoke-like aura surrounded whole body. Strong emerald, ruby and gold colours. Could see fractals within factals on my person. The most beautiful thing was looking at my palms, you can see through the skin and witness the complex beauty of the blood flowing through, the beauty in indescribable and you feel very happy to be you and privilaged to be alive.

You see yourself as what we should all see ourselves as, a living sentient being of immense beauty and complexity.

In many ways you feel evolved but it is harder to effectively express yourself through words and some social ability is lost although you are aware of this.

2cb is just weird, the trips come in waves it's like 3 different drugs at once all alternating. Your mood can change rapidly, it lasts a couple hours.
I love you all

Le wilde un
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Le wilde un » Thu May 17, 2012 5:43 pm

I've never heard of 2cb, I'll look into that.

As for Mushrooms, I read somewhere that the feeling is similar to the feeling you get before you die. Is there any truth in that? And what kind of state did you get yourself into before taking them? Did you treat it as an experiment and were you relaxed etc?

I'd love to give shrooms / DMT a go but I have no idea how I'd get hold of them. I've thought about going mushroom picking but I wouldn't have a clue how to prepare them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H2jP9OMVI8

"Everybody does have a book in them, but in most cases that's where it should stay."

Wot lad?
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Wot lad? » Thu May 17, 2012 8:28 pm

The Wilde one wrote:I've never heard of 2cb, I'll look into that.

As for Mushrooms, I read somewhere that the feeling is similar to the feeling you get before you die. Is there any truth in that? And what kind of state did you get yourself into before taking them? Did you treat it as an experiment and were you relaxed etc?

I'd love to give shrooms / DMT a go but I have no idea how I'd get hold of them. I've thought about going mushroom picking but I wouldn't have a clue how to prepare them.
In my experience mushrooms are nothing like a feeling you would get before you die, if anything that would align more with DMT since it is the spirit molecule and the effects (when a breakthrough has been achieved) are described as actually visiting the afterlife or other dimensions.

DMT is very hard to procure and hard to consume effectively, it's also expensive.

Shrooms were easy for me to get, we went and picked them directly from a field. You just leave them to dry for a couple days, however you can consume them wet and it will make you trip, it's just not as concentrated.

I wish I could have treated shrooms like an experiment, but unfortunately both times I have done them I was not in the right setting or with the right conditions for an experiment really. Shrooms make you very sensitive to emotions and percieved thoughts of others, you can literally read them like a book so I wouldn't recommend it with anyone that is not loving and soft because it does spoil the experience a bit if somebody has an argument or you don't feel at ease in their presence. Personally I am very loving and felt quite proud of who I was when under the influence.

I would say I was relaxed to an extent, shrooms do hit the serotonin sources in the brain so you may feel a stimulant-like effect, which would be the opposite of relaxed. If you are in the right comapny then you will not freak out or have a "bad trip", I don't get why "trip" is used to be honest it's a s*** word to describe hallucinations.

The best moment I had on shrooms was when I went for a piss in the garden away from everyone else and on my own in the quiet at night, it was pure ecstacy I felt extremely conencted to the world and very happy. I looked around me and the clouds above were swirling, everything had a mandebrot set quality about it, in fact 2cb, shrooms and DMT have all given me the impression that the physical world is manifested in a structured mathematical pattern of fractals.

First time I actually did something known as candy tripping, with a good dose of MDMA then I had around 45 liberty caps.
Some very good visuals and a good high, the MDMA takes away a lot of the vulnerability and any negative emotions I later found can be present if just doing shrooms on their own.

Second time I did 70+ shrooms, we put them in individual mugs and then poured boiling water over them and strained them to make a shroom brew, we even added gravy granuels to make a shroom gravy and it was actually quite nice, in the end I had a good half pint or more of shroom juice, drunk it and then it takes around 40 mins to start feeling the effects. This was a much stronger experience.

The hallucinations are wonderful, one of the most striking things is colours, you will see colours in immense beauty and clarity and strength, they are so bright. Shrooms are literally like viewing the world in HD for the first time after being in standard definition your entire life. Just sitting down looking around the room can entertain you for hours, a dirty smudge on the wall can become a knight riding a horse.

Moreover there are no real risks with shrooms, they are illegal because they open the mind.
I love you all

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Thu May 17, 2012 8:49 pm

Guillaume wrote:Moreover there are no real risks with shrooms, they are illegal because they open the mind.
<laugh>

Drugs are boring man. <ok>

Wot lad?
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Wot lad? » Fri May 18, 2012 12:28 am

This is debate and discussion, if you can't sustain a reasonable level of maturity or depth then I suggest you save your vapid opinions for general discussion.
I love you all

The Situation
No Thanks, I'm Full
No Thanks, I'm Full

Post by The Situation » Fri May 18, 2012 12:41 am

Always wanted to try mushrooms, tried other stuff but not much psychedelic, heard you can actually pick them in Newcastle?

As for DMT I actually seen Joe Rogans discussion on them recently, if you haven;t seen that go on youtube and joe rogan, It amazing but looks like its only for experienced psychedelic users.

How the hell did you get a hold of DMT (obviously not specifically but roughly, isn't it pretty rare?

Wot lad?
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Wot lad? » Fri May 18, 2012 1:38 am

The Situation wrote:Always wanted to try mushrooms, tried other stuff but not much psychedelic, heard you can actually pick them in Newcastle?

As for DMT I actually seen Joe Rogans discussion on them recently, if you haven;t seen that go on youtube and joe rogan, It amazing but looks like its only for experienced psychedelic users.

How the hell did you get a hold of DMT (obviously not specifically but roughly, isn't it pretty rare?
It's very rare, a mate of mine gets all his wares from a reliable set of contacts hes built up over a long period of time and the guy sent him some for free. It's actually easier to make than the majority of drugs to be fair.

I have seen the famous Joe Rogan video it's great, I did get some of the effects he desribes but I didn't get the blast off into another dimension moment although I felt I came close. I got intense kaleidoscope visuals, the feeling of deja-vu and different realities folding in on each other, followed by a very clear and clean feeling of joy after the strong hallucinations wore off.

It looked something like this when I closed my eyes..." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Personally mushrooms are amazing and definately something I would recommend for anyone who wants a different perspecitive on reality and conciousness. They are widespread in Britain so there will undoubtedly be some near or within Newcastle.

You should be able to find http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psilocybe_semilanceata" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; somewhere.
I love you all

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri May 18, 2012 8:42 am

The Dream Boat wrote:
Guillaume wrote:Moreover there are no real risks with shrooms, they are illegal because they open the mind.
<laugh>

Drugs are boring man. <ok>
I concur with this opinion.

As for vapid opinions? Go f*** yourself.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri May 18, 2012 10:01 am

Guillaume wrote:This is debate and discussion, if you can't sustain a reasonable level of maturity or depth then I suggest you save your vapid opinions for general discussion.
Drugs are boring though. A lot more exciting things in the world in my opinion, I don't need to back that point up with any depth or evidence at all.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Fri May 18, 2012 10:06 am

Some shrooms do grow on the town moor, but somebody ended up in A&E because they ate the wrong ones. Maybe be a little careful...
I had the first custom w***

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Fri May 18, 2012 12:04 pm

The Dream Boat wrote:
Guillaume wrote:This is debate and discussion, if you can't sustain a reasonable level of maturity or depth then I suggest you save your vapid opinions for general discussion.
Drugs are boring though. A lot more exciting things in the world in my opinion, I don't need to back that point up with any depth or evidence at all.
I echo this view. I've never understood the argument that by entering a drug fueled state of clouded perception you are actually enjoying or experiencing life at an elevated level. In my experience the opposite is true.

Don't do drugs kids!

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri May 18, 2012 12:10 pm

The Wilde one wrote: As for Mushrooms, I read somewhere that the feeling is similar to the feeling you get before you die. Is there any truth in that? And what kind of state did you get yourself into before taking them? Did you treat it as an experiment and were you relaxed etc?
As someone who has recently died I can confirm that its quite similar...

Wot lad?
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Wot lad? » Fri May 18, 2012 3:44 pm

overseasTOON MD wrote:

Please save the petty insults for elsewhere.

The Dream Boat wrote: Drugs are boring though. A lot more exciting things in the world in my opinion, I don't need to back that point up with any depth or evidence at all.
It's so pointless though, to come into the debate and discussion section then say "drugs are boring", it's so unnecessary and deconstructive. How do you know they are boring? why not add a bit of depth, reasons why you think they are boring. I don't mind people taking an opposing viewpoint that's the point of a "debate" but it's when the opposing view is so flimsy that I become dissapointed.

Just because other things are more fun doesn't mean something else is necessarily boring, thats illogical, I am pretty sure a 3-some with 2 girls is more fun than sex with just one of the girls, but it's still fun. "I don't need to back up my point with any depth or evidence", you don't need to no, your not going to die are you? It's just a shame.

Donkey Toon wrote:
I echo this view. I've never understood the argument that by entering a drug fueled state of clouded perception you are actually enjoying or experiencing life at an elevated level. In my experience the opposite is true.

Don't do drugs kids!

It's enhanced perception in my experience regarding DMT and Mushrooms.

All drugs are different, I am intregued to what drugs you have taken to form your view?

I am sure some of you enjoy alcohol now and then? That's a drug... proven to destroy braincells... there is no such evidence for DMT, in fact there is some evidence to suggest that we all produce DMT when in deep sleep, every night.

The only legal drug listed, salvia, can cloud perception and put you in a daze, but that doesn't mean all other entheogens will.
I love you all

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri May 18, 2012 3:58 pm

Guillaume wrote:
The Dream Boat wrote: Drugs are boring though. A lot more exciting things in the world in my opinion, I don't need to back that point up with any depth or evidence at all.
It's so pointless though, to come into the debate and discussion section then say "drugs are boring", it's so unnecessary and deconstructive. How do you know they are boring? why not add a bit of depth, reasons why you think they are boring. I don't mind people taking an opposing viewpoint that's the point of a "debate" but it's when the opposing view is so flimsy that I become dissapointed.

Just because other things are more fun doesn't mean something else is necessarily boring, thats illogical, I am pretty sure a 3-some with 2 girls is more fun than sex with just one of the girls, but it's still fun. "I don't need to back up my point with any depth or evidence", you don't need to no, your not going to die are you? It's just a shame.
How do I know they are boring? Because they don't do anything for me. I enjoy alcohol but meh it's not the be all and end all. There are a lot more fun things to do in the world, I seriously don't get how I can back my point up as it's all personal.

Why do I find jumping out of a plane more fun than drugs? I don't know.

Why do I like Nandos sauce with chicken cheese and potato wedges? I don't know. I can't explain my personal choices about things like that to you and make you understand because you're not me. It's got nothing to do with evidence or scientific fact which could be used to sway you to my point of view, I just like those things. That and the fact I get drugs tested so taking drugs wouldn't be the smartest career move ever.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Fri May 18, 2012 4:09 pm

Guillaume wrote: It's enhanced perception in my experience regarding DMT and Mushrooms.

All drugs are different, I am intregued to what drugs you have taken to form your view?

I am sure some of you enjoy alcohol now and then? That's a drug... proven to destroy braincells... there is no such evidence for DMT, in fact there is some evidence to suggest that we all produce DMT when in deep sleep, every night.

The only legal drug listed, salvia, can cloud perception and put you in a daze, but that doesn't mean all other entheogens will.
Alcohol is my drug of choice, i've never used any other and have no interest.

My argument against any supposed benefit is from the standpoint of perception. The user often claims to have experienced an improved performance but how can they be sure, they are under the influence of a drug and may not be thinking clearly. Onlookers will have their own view. I can state without doubt that having witnessed friends using most of the available recreational drugs including magic mushrooms (have no knowledge of DMT) the truth is that they have often been zombies who have functioned well below standard and yet they will claim to have been experiencing something special.

Taking my drug alcohol. Under the influence I gain confidence and lose inhibitions and increasingly become convinced that I can now dance, am irresistable to women and have more wit than Oscar Wilde. The truth is that I still lack rhythm, am only more likely to pull a woman who is as pissed as me (or is taking some other drug) and i'm mostly talking bollocks. The sober people in the room will be in no doubt as to this it is just me and the other pissheads who are fooled for a time.

Yes drugs can enable you to have a good time but there is no way that I believe that you are actually having a better experience than you can have without. Infact I think the opposite is usually going to be the case.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri May 18, 2012 4:10 pm

Guillaume wrote:
overseasTOON MD wrote:

Please save the petty insults for elsewhere.
Drugs have f***ed up numerous people I know including my brother whose been in and out of rehab for 5 years. They killed my fiancée too when we were both 21 years old.

I think that discussions of drugs are boring, and also that drugs are bad and that's my opinion from experience.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri May 18, 2012 4:18 pm

Enhanced perception is nonsense by the way. Perceived enhanced perception maybe, but you're deluding yourself if you think those pixies are just out of range of your non enhanced eyes.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri May 18, 2012 4:21 pm

Colly wrote:Enhanced perception is nonsense by the way. Perceived enhanced perception maybe, but you're deluding yourself if you think those pixies are just out of range of your non enhanced eyes.
Nar that's what the government wants you to believe. Remember drugs are only illegal because they open your mind. If we all took them we would easily be able to overthrow our lizard overlords.