Not sure/don't care/Against all marriage
13%

Total votes: 45

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Re: Gay Marriage

Post by TJR » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:45 pm

Gay people should be allowed to get married just like the rest of us are however I don't think churches should be forced to carry out gay marriages if they don't believe in it. Gay people should just get married in somewhere other than a church unless the church wants to allow them to marry there then go ahead.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:49 pm

Churches don't have to give a reason for turning you away if you ask to use their building for your wedding, so they couldn't really be forced into allowing same sex weddings anyway.

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:27 pm

I'm all for gays having the same rights us everyone else when it comes to security in a partner etc, but marriage is supposed to be a religious thing.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:31 pm

Pull the Ryan Gosling One wrote:I'm all for gays having the same rights us everyone else when it comes to security in a partner etc, but marriage is supposed to be a religious thing.
I'm not sure it is supposed to be. Marriage in a religious house maybe. But what about religions who want gay marriage, are their religious views less important? Marriage has historically been worldwide, in areas with different religions pagans, incas, eskimos all had it. It is a civil, legal institution now.
Stoning adulterers and homosexuals is also a long going religious thing....
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:18 pm

I'm all for happy marriages.

QWOP
Tuna QWOPSters
Tuna QWOPSters

Post by QWOP » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:49 pm

Absolutely for it. Anyone who is against it is someone I do not want to know quite frankly. That said, no religion should be forced into conducting gay marriages.

Wedge Head Tiote
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Wedge Head Tiote » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:27 pm

Mag Kernt wrote:Absolutely for it. Anyone who is against it is someone I do not want to know quite frankly. That said, no religion should be forced into conducting gay marriages.
This, I think it should be legal but whether it happens or not should be down to the religion.

Morgan Just A Pretty Face
Shelvey's Precious

Post by Morgan Just A Pretty Face » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:35 pm

All for it, but people shouldn't be forced to conduct ceremonies against their personal beliefs (even if they are ridiculous).

tomtom94
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by tomtom94 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:59 pm

You're Mayuka-ing Me Crazy wrote:All for it, but people shouldn't be forced to conduct ceremonies against their personal beliefs (even if they are ridiculous).
This.
History wrought with disease for so long, a nation sleeps tight... the poison carries on!

this space reserved for particularly amusing quotes and/or images.

With friends like these, who needs herpes?

Henry Hoover
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Henry Hoover » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:06 pm

I'm for it with limitations. Mainly being them not making a big farce about certain communities, religions and societies not accepting it. If for the large part its been passed and accepted by society then they should be thankful for that, not start a tirade and campaign against a certain group of people not for it.

Tash
Tindall's Hoody

Post by Tash » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:13 pm

I'm for it completely.

I hate people against it because they think it will spoil the meaning of marriage. All that will change is that the definition will not longer be "A union of a man of a woman who love each other", but instead "a union of two people who love each other".

I don't think churches should be forced to perform gay marriages, and I totally understand the churches stance against it. But their will be registry offices and other places willing to perform them.

Morgan Just A Pretty Face
Shelvey's Precious

Post by Morgan Just A Pretty Face » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:57 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21346220" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Today Britain took a step forward to becoming a much fairer and equal society. My question is, why has it taken until 2013 for this to happen?

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:33 pm

Hoorah for common sense.
I had the first custom w***

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:35 pm

You're Mayuka-ing Me Crazy wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21346220

Today Britain took a step forward to becoming a much fairer and equal society. My question is, why has it taken until 2013 for this to happen?

Also parties are pretty worried about splitting themselves in two over the issue. Luckily and strangely it's been the Tories who've taken the plunge.

Woody Two-Shoes
Shelvey's Precious

Post by Woody Two-Shoes » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:27 am

If a lot of same sex couples start getting married, I wonder how long it will take the Church to say they'll start doing the ceremonies considering the money they could be missing out on...

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:41 am

Made me laugh.

Henry Hoover
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Henry Hoover » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:50 pm

beardface wrote:Image

Made me laugh.
<laugh>

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:25 pm

Mifune wrote:Completely for gay marriage, but don't know why a gay couple would want to get married in a church.
This.

What bugs me particularly regarding religion and marriage is that the monotheistic religions actually think they own the concept of marriage and feel they have the right to set the rules. Do they think people didn't marry before the birth of Christ, that the Ancient Greeks, Babylonians and Romans etc didn't already do it. It is a union that has probably been carried out for as long as humans have lived socially together and were it not for the fact that religions have throughout history continually tried to seize control of marriage then it would have been carried out according to the socially agreed conventions of the time.

And in 2013 in any civilised corner of this planet we shouldn't be basing social policy around bronze age superstitions and bigotry. If your religion says it wrong then that is fine, don't attend any gay wedding ceremonies and tell your m.p. you disagree. But don't think for a second that your vote counts for any more than anybody else's.

Like somebody said above it is pretty sad that it has taken until now for even the more enlightened parts of the world to act on this.

GirondinGeordie
Bruno's Bleached Tips

Post by GirondinGeordie » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:36 pm

Anti-Gay protests are still going strong in France. There was a massive rally in the center of Bordeaux the other day.
I'm pro Gay Marriage, but what upset me the most was the fact that people brought their kids along and were getting them to hold these candles.
Whatever your beliefs are I think kids should be able to decide for themselves instead of been dragged along by their parents.
"La critique est aisée, mais l'art est difficile" - Philippe Néricault Destouches

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:52 am

Dey shuld ley thet gays marriage so ittll be eaisrr to tax em imo