NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2017)

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2017)

Post by biggeordiedave » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:17 pm

Spotted a minor rumour today so thought it might be time to get this thread going in time for the January window.

Newcastle United are keen on Partizan Belgrade's 19-year-old defender Nikola Milenkovic and could make a move in January.
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/fo ... n-12030189
Kindly deeds done for free!

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2017)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:53 pm

Already capped by Serbia <notbad>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:01 pm

Just checked the nufc.com rumours page:

Apparently Graham Carr went to watch Joel Asoro (Sunderland) last month. He's highly rated but I have absolutely no idea why he'd entertain a move to Newcastle... http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/foo ... -1-8109690 Complete f***ing meltdown in the comments section if you want a laugh <laugh>.

Still 4 days left of the transfer window in the UAE so we could yet lose Tiote.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:22 pm

I forgot all about Tiote <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:28 am

Should just release Tiote. Why are we paying his wages for him not to play. cronut. If he's in a huff and wants to leave let's just f*** him off
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:42 am

Toondes wrote:Should just release Tiote. Why are we paying his wages for him not to play. cronut. If he's in a huff and wants to leave let's just **** him off
We'd have to pay him off. He isn't going to forgo his high wages unless he is guaranteed the same elsewhere. It'd be better to loan him for a bit and pay some of his wages, just to cut some cost
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:37 am

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Toondes wrote:Should just release Tiote. Why are we paying his wages for him not to play. cronut. If he's in a huff and wants to leave let's just **** him off
We'd have to pay him off. He isn't going to forgo his high wages unless he is guaranteed the same elsewhere. It'd be better to loan him for a bit and pay some of his wages, just to cut some cost
Is he out of contract at end of the season ?

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:39 am

Toondes wrote:
Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Is he out of contract at end of the season ?
Yes. But if we're paying off his contract to terminate it now, we might as well have him in the squad as cover if he's not being disruptive. Hopefully we can sell him for £500k or something in January...
I had the first custom w***

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:38 am

Speedo wrote:
Toondes wrote: Is he out of contract at end of the season ?
Yes. But if we're paying off his contract to terminate it now, we might as well have him in the squad as cover if he's not being disruptive. Hopefully we can sell him for £500k or something in January...
But he's not playing anyway. If we keep him or get rid we still pay the same amount in wages ? Is he fit ?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:57 am

Toondes wrote:
Speedo wrote:
But he's not playing anyway. If we keep him or get rid we still pay the same amount in wages ? Is he fit ?
If there is a mutual termination then the club and player might agree to a lump sum payment that is less than the wages he'd have earned over the same period.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:59 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Toondes wrote: But he's not playing anyway. If we keep him or get rid we still pay the same amount in wages ? Is he fit ?
If there is a mutual termination then the club and player might agree to a lump sum payment that is less than the wages he'd have earned over the same period.
No chance he agrees to that though. Nobody in their right mind will write off a few hundred thousand pounds.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:03 am

ALF wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:
No chance he agrees to that though. Nobody in their right mind will write off a few hundred thousand pounds.
I'd love to be in that predicament.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:03 am

ALF wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Unless his agent gets another club lined up quickly (or has one lined up). That way they get the payment from us of several hundred thousand pounds and then start picking up their new wage from the new club almost immediately.

Unlikely but not impossible. I'd keep him (and play him) until the end of the season personally.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:25 pm

Toondes wrote:Should just release Tiote. Why are we paying his wages for him not to play. cronut. If he's in a huff and wants to leave let's just f*** him off
I don't think there's been anything to suggest he's in a huff and wants to leave. I think it's that Rafa doesn't want to bother playing a player who'll soon be out of contract when we have better options already who could be a part of the side for years to come. The only thing he's guilty of is demanding too much from potential new clubs and causing transfers to fall through - which is a fair criticism. But I'd hardly say he's been trying to force his way out, he's just never had a knack for finishing (except for that once) <roll>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:34 pm

I'm over Colo wrote:
I don't think there's been anything to suggest he's in a huff and wants to leave. I think it's that Rafa doesn't want to bother playing a player who'll soon be out of contract when we have better options already who could be a part of the side for years to come. The only thing he's guilty of is demanding too much from potential new clubs and causing transfers to fall through - which is a fair criticism. But I'd hardly say he's been trying to force his way out, he's just never had a knack for finishing (except for that once) <roll>
Yes tbf to Tiote he's not causing any friction or demanding to play / leave. I'd be quite happy to pick up £40/50k a week to do nothing.

Although god knows what his wage demands are if clubs in China and the UAE are being put off by them!

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:40 pm

I have nothing against Tiote I just don't understand why we are happy to be paying his wages ,which are probably around the £60k mark ,when he's not even being named in the squad when he's fully fit ! We'd be best paying him off and freeing up a place in the squad

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:55 pm

Toondes wrote:I have nothing against Tiote I just don't understand why we are happy to be paying his wages ,which are probably around the £60k mark ,when he's not even being named in the squad when he's fully fit ! We'd be best paying him off and freeing up a place in the squad
We have to pay his wages regardless of if we pay him of or keep him so there is no financial benefit of paying him off.

Freeing up a squad place is irrelevant as the transfer window is shut so nobody can come in and take that squad place anyway.

We might as well keep him for when we have our annual injury crisis and actually need midfield cover.

Far better pay his wages and have him available if needed then pay his wages and not have him available.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:24 pm

I agree, keep him in case we need him. If someone wants him in January then let him go, it's as simple as that.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:58 pm

Also, Tiote is hardly a sexy signing for clubs - highly paid defensive midfielders don't go over well in leagues where you can only afford to overpay a few players, so he probably isn't even asking for (much) more than what we're paying him. But I can understand why Chinese or middle eastern clubs don't want to pay up for him.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:11 pm

I'm over Colo wrote:Also, Tiote is hardly a sexy signing for clubs - highly paid defensive midfielders don't go over well in leagues where you can only afford to overpay a few players, so he probably isn't even asking for (much) more than what we're paying him. But I can understand why Chinese or middle eastern clubs don't want to pay up for him.
Good point.