Match day thread - NUFC v PNE

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: Match day thread - NUFC v PNE

Post by TBC » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:38 am

ALF wrote:We're brilliant, Mitro is brilliant, f***ing love it!
<laugh>

Jaiston
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Jaiston » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:33 am

Couldn't even get a header from inside the box, unmarked and a perfect height on target. <whistle>

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:10 am

MultipleJesuses wrote:
Jaiston wrote:
Championship under Hughton when we won it ?
Nope. Championship was much easier back then with a different set of players that I wasn't as "behind." Plus this time really feels like we can build something under Rafa. Back then didn't feel quite as optimistic.
Wow so we had captain fantastic Kevin Nolan, lovenkrands and Carroll who all 3 we're banging them in at the championship as well as several other goods squad players. Also when we sacked him we were 11th, to say you weren't optimistic back then is doing hughton a little disservice.

He stuck around when we were a joke of a club and gave us back a lot of things and one of them was optimism, that's why for me if they won the title rather then us i for one will be really happy for him.

The blokes a legend in my opinion

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:03 am

gawalls wrote:
MultipleJesuses wrote:
Nope. Championship was much easier back then with a different set of players that I wasn't as "behind." Plus this time really feels like we can build something under Rafa. Back then didn't feel quite as optimistic.
Wow so we had captain fantastic Kevin Nolan, lovenkrands and Carroll who all 3 we're banging them in at the championship as well as several other goods squad players. Also when we sacked him we were 11th, to say you weren't optimistic back then is doing hughton a little disservice.

He stuck around when we were a joke of a club and gave us back a lot of things and one of them was optimism, that's why for me if they won the title rather then us i for one will be really happy for him.

With you on this. That Championship season was one of my favourites of all time. The team had a great atmosphere about them and Hughton was the perfect manager: cool and modest with the full respect of the players and fans.

Aldridge Prior
Dogemanding Traitor
Dogemanding Traitor

Post by Aldridge Prior » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:51 am

Hughton <awe>

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:58 am

skalpel wrote:
gawalls wrote:

With you on this. That Championship season was one of my favourites of all time. The team had a great atmosphere about them and Hughton was the perfect manager: cool and modest with the full respect of the players and fans.
I think there was more shock going down that time and we were a bigger mess, Rafa staying on calmed nerves this time. I genuinely expected us to drop like a stone last time, so the enjoyment of the surprise and how well Hughton did make it so special.
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Acid Hippo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Acid Hippo » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:20 am

Yeah I'd say last time was a lot more enjoyable. It felt like a much bigger achievement, whereas now it feels like we've just done what was expected.

The home support this season has been a little disappointing at times too. Too negative and you could tell it made players anxious.
<monster>

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:26 am

This season ranks as one of my least favourite of all time. I've absolutely hated vast chunks of it, but I was absolutely over the moon last night. I think I'm just glad it's over. I genuinely don't care that we're finishing second.

Looking forward to watching us get shafted every week next season <divadance>
Kindly deeds done for free!

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:31 am

So many threads on RTG about us <awe>

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MultipleJesuses » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:44 am

<laugh>
Don't hinder the Trinder

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:54 am

beardface wrote:So many threads on RTG about us <awe>
Their mods are locking, deleting and merging them in an effort to make it look like every thread isn't about us <awe>

Footyfan

Post by Footyfan » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:58 am

Well we've finally limped over the line ! Now the hard work begins, firstly trying to offload a lot of average players who are on inflated wages ! Secondly trying to attract good quality players who want to play for us , for the long term, not just a way of getting into the premier league, then moving on after a season, which we all know has happened over the years ! It won't be easy , but let's see what Benitez is really made of !

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:13 am

Footyfan wrote:Well we've finally limped over the line ! Now the hard work begins, firstly trying to offload a lot of average players who are on inflated wages ! Secondly trying to attract good quality players who want to play for us , for the long term, not just a way of getting into the premier league, then moving on after a season, which we all know has happened over the years ! It won't be easy , but let's see what Benitez is really made of !
Now that we're promoted, will you please make a f***ing account!? <neg>

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:19 am

biggeordiedave wrote:
Footyfan wrote:Well we've finally limped over the line ! Now the hard work begins, firstly trying to offload a lot of average players who are on inflated wages ! Secondly trying to attract good quality players who want to play for us , for the long term, not just a way of getting into the premier league, then moving on after a season, which we all know has happened over the years ! It won't be easy , but let's see what Benitez is really made of !
Now that we're promoted, will you please make a f***ing account!? <neg>
<laugh> <awe> this, f***ing hell. I've spent more time approving your posts than building the forum in the first place. Sign up, old bean, and join the madness officially!

Holystone...
Grammer Police Chef
Grammer Police Chef

Post by Holystone... » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:26 am

This is what I think of when I'm on RTG. You're viewing a post then another pops up.

https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl= ... mrc&uact=8
Ashley tells you it's raining. Do you look out the window?

Holystone...
Grammer Police Chef
Grammer Police Chef

Post by Holystone... » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:26 am

Holystone... wrote:
This is what I think of when I'm on RTG. You're viewing a post then another pops up.

Footyfan

Post by Footyfan » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:54 am

Tried to register and it said my email was in use ! Does that not mean I'm registered! I'm a bit of a Tecnophobe !

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:05 am

Footyfan wrote:Tried to register and it said my email was in use ! Does that not mean I'm registered! I'm a bit of a Tecnophobe !
Ah right. Yep that means you've already registered an account. I checked our members list and there's no account called 'Footyfan'. You can either try and remember your old account username and post that if you cant remember your password, so I can get the password sent to you by email. Alternatively if you have another email account you can use temporarily, you could register with that and then change it afterwards. <ok>

Holystone...
Grammer Police Chef
Grammer Police Chef

Post by Holystone... » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:08 am

Rafa:
“Some people don’t realise how difficult it is when you go to play against teams who are in the middle of the table and playing for nothing, but they still fight and compete because they are playing against Newcastle United, who are the top side in the division." <applause>

Holystone...
Grammer Police Chef
Grammer Police Chef

Post by Holystone... » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:24 am

Thoughts on the first team last night.
Elliot- Decent save probably helped momentum of the game.
Anita-Still flatters to deceive but did little wrong
Lascelles-Played a sound game
Clark- We have missed him
Dummett- Did he slot a single pass up to Atsu? Too negative through either lack of skill or confidence, I'm not sure .
Ritchie-Brilliant
Shelvey-Usual playmaker
Hayden-Struggled to wrestle control of midfield
Atsu-Goal was well taken but spent a lot of time ineffective.
Perez-Great in the box, not much use elsewhere
Mitrovic-Very slow but put himself about.