Football Manager

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Re: FM18

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:26 pm

7 games left to go a 4 points clear with a game in hand over Spurs, Champions League Football secured for next season too.

Semi final of Europa League. Liverpool sacked Klopp and offered me an interview which I refused Fans Love me even more as do owners who rewarded me with a new 70k a week 4 year contract. Shall hopefully finish season over weekend am traveling to Paris via London so it should be a productive train journey
I'll Hazard a guess

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:06 pm

Lassassinblanc wrote:7 games left to go a 4 points clear with a game in hand over Spurs, Champions League Football secured for next season too.

Semi final of Europa League. Liverpool sacked Klopp and offered me an interview which I refused Fans Love me even more as do owners who rewarded me with a new 70k a week 4 year contract. Shall hopefully finish season over weekend am traveling to Paris via London so it should be a productive train journey
Hope you've packed a suit to change into if you get to the final.

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:49 pm

How's FM 18? Didn't bought one since FM16. Was too awful.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:35 am

Just noticed I haven't given an update on this in a while

Finally left the Toon last night after 7 years fell out with the board after
not getting more money to strengthen the team to push for the Champions League glory
which alluded me the season before (made the semi only to get knocked out on away goals by PSG).

Nice honours list of
17/18 League Cup
18/19-PL, Runner up EL (lost to Lyon)
19/20 FA Cup,community Shield
4th in league 10 points of Arsenal who finished top
(every other team spent big me I got 40m which I spent half of on Patrick Schick
who finished as my top scorer with 22

20/21- PL, FA Cup,community Shield, CL 1/4 final
Finally got in Milik who was sensational scoring 32 PL goals as I ran away with the league finishing 12
points ahead of second place City

21/22- PL runner up,community shield, EL league winner (dropped down after CL group stage- group contained Real Madrid,
Inter Milan and Shaktar, Inter pipped me by a point after Real came from 2 goals down to beat me 3-2

22/23- PL, Euro Super Cup (got my revenge on Real ), League Cup, 1/4 CL again

23/24- 3rd PL, CL semi, FA Cup, community shield

End of season talks of a new contract at this point I asked for more money for transfers as I said
to want to push for CL glory,board only willing to give me 30m. I'd also gone for an interview with
Inter Milan during the season which angered them even though I turned the job offer down.

So start of 24/25 season i'm unemployed club wise but have just accepted the Irish job so that will
keep me going Celtic have offered me job after Rodgers succeeded me as Toon boss. Currently pondering it
I'll Hazard a guess

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:47 pm

I'd turn it down <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:23 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:I'd turn it down <laugh>
Took your advise got offered Inter job end of September nice talented squad.

Icardi gone to Real Madrid though in the transfer window just shut and they didn't bring anyone in to replace him but they have a good few youngsters Pinamonti and Petagna up front and I do have a nice 70m waiting for the Winter transfer window might go for Milik as Rodgers has decided to transfer list him.
I'll Hazard a guess

TopNotchFM
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by TopNotchFM » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:30 pm

Hi everyone, just thought I would let the people in this forum know I'm running an experiment on twitter using FM that features Newcastle a lot. I recreated the fictional character Santiago Munez in the FM18 database and see how he got on, you can check it out on my twitter @Notch_FM,

Cheers,
Top Notch

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:32 am

TopNotchFM wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:30 pm
Hi everyone, just thought I would let the people in this forum know I'm running an experiment on twitter using FM that features Newcastle a lot. I recreated the fictional character Santiago Munez in the FM18 database and see how he got on, you can check it out on my twitter @Notch_FM,

Cheers,
Top Notch
I followed you, just out of curiosity. Only had a cursory look into it, but for anyone else I will say he's clearly put a fair amount of effort into it. Not sure why, but far play.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:41 am

Started a new save with Newcastle got taken over by Igor Kolomoyskyi

From his wiki he appears to be a bit of a mad fellow, accused of murder in 2015 and settled out of court <yikes>

I look forward to working with him

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ihor_Kolomoyskyi
I'll Hazard a guess

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:49 pm

I've finally got into this - started as PSG, gonna have a season or two whilst I get used to all the ins and outs and then move onto a different club. I'll go for Newcastle when Rafa leaves.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:04 am

Finished 7th and won FA Cup first season.

so far my signings have been

1st Season- summer
Denis Praet 12m
Alexander Golovin- 15m
Brad Smith- 3.2m
Chersyhev- 1.2m
Sergio Canales-loan

Managed to sell Diame, Colback,Saivet for a total about 25m so that helped as I only got 12m first season to spend.

Ashley initially looked to sell before Xmas but that collapsed and I was surprised that I was given another 15m to spend

1st season- winter
Mattia de Sciglio- 7.5m- transfer listed and having got rid of Manquillo opted to bring him in- he did not disappoint.
Lucas Ocampos- loan- Cherrysev failed to settle so brought in Ocampos from Marseille 1.8m option to buy*- Cherysev almost left only for him to reject a move due to wages <grr>
Nicolae Stanciu-loan brought in to replace Sergio Canales who went back to Sociedad after getting injured-

Managed to offload Joselu too intially on loan but with option to buy for 6m

Well Kolomoyskyi came up trumps by giving me 65m to spend in summer transfer window,

2nd season
Paco Alcacer- 8m- was transfer listed seemed like a no brainer
James Tarkowski -10m- Burnley were relegated and having sold Clark for 15m to Stoke needed someone homegrown to come in James fit the bill nicely
Sergio Rico-20m- needed an new keeper despite Darlow being good he wasn't great sold Elliot for 6m.
Rodri- free- young 21 year old who becomes world class in the game shall provide cover for the midfield or may be loaned out haven't really decided yet.
Tom Ince 12m- another relegation release clause activated, let Murphy go out in loan so wanted cover for Ritchie who has actually been amazing this save.

---
Currently in talks for backup to Ayoze Perez either Ruben-Loftus Cheek or Izzy Brown i'm leaning toward Cheek as he is better but Brown has only turned 21 so won't need to be registered which would be a nice bonus.

Someone (can't remember who not Porto ;) ) has offered me 14m for Chancel Mbemba who I may consider selling if I get get someone into replace him.

Still looking to shift out a few more Gayle will go if I get a replacement for him as I don't want to have only Paco and Mitro as my front line, Moussa Dembele has a 21m buyout clause but because he just signed a new contract he won't budge, may leave Gayle until Jan and then buy Dembele but if someone else comes up between then and now I'll see.
I'll Hazard a guess

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:07 am

I'm tempted to download one of the old Championship/Football manager games from 10/15 years ago <awe>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:24 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:07 am
I'm tempted to download one of the old Championship/Football manager games from 10/15 years ago <awe>
Do it sell your soul <kray>
I'll Hazard a guess

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:36 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:24 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Do it sell your soul <kray>
It'll be like being back at Uni <awe>

I didn't have many lectures <laugh>

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:54 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Every now and then I start playing Ultimate Soccer Manager 98. Best football manager sim out there.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:33 pm

So got rid of Gayle 12 and brought in Bobby Wood from Hamburg another relegation release clause 6m- have set up a affiliation with Minnesota United so having a few Americans will be good for merchandising profits.

Sessegnon came in from Fulham can't remember exact fee but think it was around 12 think I will loan him out though, unless I can sell Smith

Mbemba has asked to leave but he ain't going anywhere until I get an offer of €24m which Monaco, AC Milan and Lyon so far haven't bid.

Lewis Dunk is on my shortlist to replace him is available for 12m.

Brought in Loftus Cheek after Izzy Brown's scout report came back stating he wouldn't fit in with squad. Wooburn came in on loan from Liverpool to help out with my European rotation.

Got rid of a few of the loan players Sels and Lazaar for 15m so alongside the other departures I still have 40m in transfer funds left which I'll keep in reserve for Dembele in January.

Have a nice easy start to the season with West Brom (H) Reading (a) Derby (h) Brighton (a) so I'm hoping for max points there.

Current starting XI and cover is
4-2-3-1
Rico (Darlow, Woodman*)
Dummet* (Smith,Sess)
Lascelles (Mbemba)
Lejuene (Tarkowski)
de Sciglio-(Yedlin)
Golovin (Merino, Rodri)
Shelvey (Praet)
Atsu (Aarons*, Sess)
-Cheek (Perez, Woodburn)
-Rtichie (Ince)
-Paco (Wood,Mitro)

I have a feeling I'm missing someone out of that list but that is in my squad
*Club Grown

Also Mexico of all teams won the World Cup
I'll Hazard a guess

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:52 am

Right second transfer window just closed. Sold Smith and Sessegnon went on loan as I thought it would be better for him to actually play games
won the community shield beating Chelsea 2-1 Atsu scoring a 94th minute winner <diva>

with both Smith and Sess leaving it left me a little light on left side so I did look to bring in someone but no one really stood out. De Sgilio is actually rated as my best left so I'm going to use him and Dummett as left back while I've promoted Sterry to compete with Yedlin on the right which actually works out well for my home grown quota for Europa
now have Woodman,Dummett,Sterry and Aarons as my 4 club grown players.

I have a very talented 16 year old striker who I've moved to u23 team as he is that good scored 5 goals on his u23 debut.
I'll Hazard a guess

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:26 am

Anyone playing FM19?

Loving the new training system and tactical setup.

Started with a Dortmund save as Bundesliga is fully licensed this season, really enjoying it.
I'll Hazard a guess

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:02 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:26 am
Anyone playing FM19?

Started with a Dortmund save as Bundesliga is fully licensed this season, really enjoying it.
Yes - I'm playing in the Czech second division with FK Varnsdorf. A somewhat attritional division, I must confess... The 3 month winter break (!) destroys match fitness, but the standard of players is actually reasonable.

The tactical system is great, I love it,although I'm definitely still getting to grips with it a little bit. Oddly, it seems harder to control/shut down games in the new system than in the old one, despite the much greater control of defensive shape etc. But that might be because somehow it feels easier to select "contain" in the old system than it does "very defensive" in the new system...

The training system I like but it is slightly irritating that the default setup your assistant sets up goes to s*** the moment any not-pre-scheduled games (i.e. cup games) go in the calendar - e.g. a couple of times he's scheduled full days of sessions immediately before or after a match, or he's scheduled a full match practice the day before the game. Also for some reason it doesn't let me select recovery sessions manually...
I had the first custom w***

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:36 am

Speedo wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:02 am
lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:26 am
Anyone playing FM19?

Yes - I'm playing in the Czech second division with FK Varnsdorf. A somewhat attritional division, I must confess... The 3 month winter break (!) destroys match fitness, but the standard of players is actually reasonable.

The tactical system is great, I love it,although I'm definitely still getting to grips with it a little bit. Oddly, it seems harder to control/shut down games in the new system than in the old one, despite the much greater control of defensive shape etc. But that might be because somehow it feels easier to select "contain" in the old system than it does "very defensive" in the new system...

The training system I like but it is slightly irritating that the default setup your assistant sets up goes to s*** the moment any not-pre-scheduled games (i.e. cup games) go in the calendar - e.g. a couple of times he's scheduled full days of sessions immediately before or after a match, or he's scheduled a full match practice the day before the game. Also for some reason it doesn't let me select recovery sessions manually...
I think this was a fault picked up in the beta alright should be fixed now.

I agree going Very Defensive when winning a game 2-0 just seems wrong compared to contain.
I'll Hazard a guess