16%

Total votes: 62

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by Tsi » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:15 pm

f***ing hell man.
Not every traveller/gypsy is like that but it seems fine to label them all because of the few.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:34 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:13 pm
Hjl wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:11 pm

I believe the politically correct technical term is thieving pikey scum.

I had a bunch of the live at the top of the road that i used to live on down in Kent. The council put on water and electricity for them because some **** EU directive said that they deserved it in some way. They were built a shower block and toilets which they promptly tore down and sold as scrap. They used to rob the local houses all the time, terrorize the locals and were generally complete knobs.
I was trying to be polite and hold back <laugh>

It's got to the point that "It's their culture" has suddenly become a defence for them acting Illegally and like outright scumbags, it does boil my piss when people go on about them being victims, I don't give a s*** how you live your life as long as you live it within the law and show people and other communities respect, most people dislike them because of the s*** that happens when they arrive, not for the fact they live in a f***ing caravan.
That's the key bit for me. Live however you like but show respect to where you are and those around you. You have no right to pitch up wherever takes your fancy, especially if you don't even pay taxes towards it. And wherever you are staying treat it with respect, behave and keep it tidy. Sadly a significant number of travellers do none of these things. I'm sure they're not all like that, but there is a significant element who are.

Some pitched up near me a couple of years back, and a similar thing happened. They'd been there for a while so the council forked out for toilet and shower blocks even tho the travellers had contributed nothing to the taxes of the town. What happened? It was completely trashed within a week.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:45 pm

Tsi wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:15 pm
f***ing hell man.
Not every traveller/gypsy is like that but it seems fine to label them all because of the few.
Normally I would agree, but with jippos I don't. I have run across a lot and not a single one has added anything to the community. They take things and trash the place up. Hate them.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:59 pm

Hjl wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:45 pm
Tsi wrote:
f***ing hell man.
Normally I would agree, but with jippos I don't. I have run across a lot and not a single one has added anything to the community. They take things and trash the place up. Hate them.
Funny that I married one and know loads that have but then I don't judge the majority on the back of the minority.Believe me they don't like travellers/gypsies that behave like that either.
Using terms like pikey/jippo you need to give yourself a shake man.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:04 pm

Tsi wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:59 pm
Hjl wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:45 pm

Funny that I married one and know loads that have but then I don't judge the majority on the back of the minority.Believe me they don't like travellers/gypsies that behave like that either.
Using terms like pikey/jippo you need to give yourself a shake man.
Well every day for about 5 years I would walk down my hill on the way home from school in fear of the local gypsie camp. If they saw us they would throw rocks at us and threaten us. I'm struggling to see why I should have some great understanding and tolerance for them.

I'm sure your wife is a lovely woman and that not all gypsies are terrible people, just all of the ones I've met have been. Dozens of them.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:01 pm

Tsi wrote:
f***ing hell man.
Maybe not but a very high majority are like that and destroy any thoughts that they have any sort of culture or deserve the status of ethnicity. Everywhere they go they ruin communities and everyone dreads their arrival

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:45 pm

I'm with TSI on this one. Using your experiences with some assholes as an excuse to redefine "traveller" as "thieving pikey scum" and "jippo"? Really?

The Chinese whispers that fly around about what gypsies do with their time, and the eagerness with which people seem to enjoy sharing them is more than a little bit creepy. Almost as creepy as seeing otherwise liberal people seem to agree that this is the one group of people about whom it's okay to make derogatory generalisations.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:31 pm

skalpel wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:45 pm
I'm with TSI on this one. Using your experiences with some assholes as an excuse to redefine "traveller" as "thieving pikey scum" and "jippo"? Really?

The Chinese whispers that fly around about what gypsies do with their time, and the eagerness with which people seem to enjoy sharing them is more than a little bit creepy. Almost as creepy as seeing otherwise liberal people seem to agree that this is the one group of people about whom it's okay to make derogatory generalisations.
There is no Chinese whispers or second hand stories here, I have years of first hand experience from through my child hood and then as an adult.

Let me tell you another example. The local farmer called the cops because the pikies parked up on his field, in response they hotwired on of his vans and drove it into his house as a warning.

Before that, the local cop used to walk the neighborhood. He walked through their camp ever week to remind them that he was there, one time he ran across them cutting up a reported stolen car and they tried to shoot him. Next thing we know helicopters and armed police are all over the place.

So in your personal experience can you tell me any positive interactions you've had with them? Or is it all hearsay on your side?

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:54 pm

Micky Quim wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:01 pm
Tsi wrote:
f***ing hell man.
Maybe not but a very high majority are like that and destroy any thoughts that they have any sort of culture or deserve the status of ethnicity. Everywhere they go they ruin communities and everyone dreads their arrival
You're wrong after marrying into that community i can tell you that it is definitely a minority that behave in that way and like i said Gypsy/travellers dislike them.People have to remember individuals commit crimes not communities so it's unfair to tar a whole community because of the few.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:10 pm

I can't stand them either. Not had a positive experience with any I've come across. There's a quite a large community that live in my area and they're all loud, obnoxious, classless parasites that take the piss and think they're above the law.

I used to work at my local leisure centre and they'd take the piss... not pay for services, subject staff to verbal abuse, some just came and went as they pleased just to use the showers. Another one shat in a bin that my mate had to clean out. f***ing horrid cunts.

They've turned up at my local before brandishing machetes and threatening people, and just last week a big group of them turned up at the restaurant where my younger sister works, ordered a load of food, s*** loads of drinks then just got up and f***ed off without paying... waving and taking the piss out of staff as they walked out. They phoned the police but nothing will get done. Haven't got time for any of them.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:14 pm

So far we have one good experience and every other one is poor. Minority of the community? So do the majority not go outside?

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:42 pm

Chappy Al-Shabab wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:10 pm
Not had a positive experience with any I've come across.
And here lies the whole point. You're not exactly likely to cross paths with quiet, decent people who stay out of your way are you? Whereas loudmouthed arseholes are probably going to make themselves seen.

To Hjl, I've had experience with assholes, sure. I've also had experience with decent human beings as well. My interactions with them leave me utterly unpersuaded by your rants tbh.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:08 pm

skalpel wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:42 pm
Chappy Al-Shabab wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:10 pm
Not had a positive experience with any I've come across.
And here lies the whole point. You're not exactly likely to cross paths with quiet, decent people who stay out of your way are you? Whereas loudmouthed arseholes are probably going to make themselves seen.

To Hjl, I've had experience with assholes, sure. I've also had experience with decent human beings as well. My interactions with them leave me utterly unpersuaded by your rants tbh.
I'm not likely to meet anyone who stays out of my way, traveller or not... but I can only go off my experiences, and the ones I've met have been horrible people who lack basic manners and think they're untouchable.

Whenever I clock one I stay clear.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:11 pm

Chappy Al-Shabab wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:08 pm
skalpel wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:42 pm

I'm not likely to meet anyone who stays out of my way, traveller or not... but I can only go off my experiences, and the ones I've met have been horrible people who lack basic manners and think they're untouchable.

The thing is you've probably had many good interactions with gypsies/travellers but never realised it as most people don't say hi i'm so and so and i'm a gypsy/traveller.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:17 pm

Tsi wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:11 pm
Chappy Al-Shabab wrote:

The thing is you've probably had many good interactions with gypsies/travellers but never realised it as most people don't say hi i'm so and so and i'm a gypsy/traveller.
Fair point.
Last edited by Hjl on Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:20 pm

Tsi wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:11 pm
Chappy Al-Shabab wrote:

Possibly, but probably in different parts of the country/other countries.

The ones here you can spot a mile off.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:06 pm

The problem is the shear amount of people who have had nothing but bad experiences with traveller communities, it becomes pretty difficult to see it as just a minority when people have years and years of first hand bad experiences. Personally I've had 20 years of bad experiences, stolen property. Burglary, stolen cars, anti social behaviour, threats of violence against people, animals left tied up to starve, the pop up tips that appear, this is all I've ever known from the communities that pitch up near me.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:11 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:06 pm
The problem is the shear amount of people who have had nothing but bad experiences with traveller communities, it becomes pretty difficult to see it as just a minority when people have years and years of first hand bad experiences. Personally I've had 20 years of bad experiences, stolen property. Burglary, stolen cars, anti social behaviour, threats of violence against people, animals left tied up to starve, the pop up tips that appear, this is all I've ever known from the communities that pitch up near me.
Like i said before you've probably had many good ones but never known it, my main issue is the derogatory term Pikey or Gyppo.
Everything you have listed is also committed by large numbers of other communities but hey lets just tar a whole community as it's easy ehh.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:20 am

Tsi wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:11 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:06 pm
Like i said before you've probably had many good ones but never known it, my main issue is the derogatory term Pikey or Gyppo.
Everything you have listed is also committed by large numbers of other communities but hey lets just tar a whole community as it's easy ehh.
With regards to those terms I think the big issue is how divided the communitys have become, people don't understand the offence caused because there is barely any mingling between people, if people were more accepting and respectful on both sides and bridges were built the terms would become less used imo as there would be more mutual understanding.

Also a big issue for my area is that the vast majority of Travellers are caravan based and are actually travelling, there isn't much available housing so there are barely any housed travellers if any so there is little to none within the community, also going back to bridge building there has been sites set up for the travellers but they have rarely used them and instead opted to set up wherever they please.

YES people should be more understanding and accepting but on the flip side I think people also need to see it's not a minority problem, to see it like that I think is a little naive and ignoring the problems is never going to solve them.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:23 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:20 am
Tsi wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:11 pm

With regards to those terms I think the big issue is how divided the communitys have become, people don't understand the offence caused because there is barely any mingling between people, if people were more accepting and respectful on both sides and bridges were built the terms would become less used imo as there would be more mutual understanding.

Also a big issue for my area is that the vast majority of Travellers are caravan based and are actually travelling, there isn't much available housing so there are barely any housed travellers if any so there is little to none within the community, also going back to bridge building there has been sites set up for the travellers but they have rarely used them and instead opted to set up wherever they please.

YES people should be more understanding and accepting but on the flip side I think people also need to see it's not a minority problem, to see it like that I think is a little naive and ignoring the problems is never going to solve them.
At the 2011 Census, the majority
(76%) of Gypsies and Irish Travellers in England and Wales lived in
bricks-and-mortar accommodation, and 24% lived in a caravan or other
mobile or temporary structure.
The total number of Traveller caravans in England in July 2017 was
22,792, an increase of 33% since July 2007. The majority (54%) of
caravans were on private sites, 29% were on sites operated by local
authorities and registered providers of social housing, and 16% were on
unauthorised sites
. Gov source
Do you actually know how many live in housing or did you just assume that the ones in caravans are the only gypsies/travellers in your area?
I think it's naive thinking it's a majority problem.Sure it's a problem that needs sorting out but lumping a whole community into the mix on the actions of a few is not the way.