Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:00 pm

Tsi wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:23 am
Don Sholeone wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:20 am

With regards to those terms I think the big issue is how divided the communitys have become, people don't understand the offence caused because there is barely any mingling between people, if people were more accepting and respectful on both sides and bridges were built the terms would become less used imo as there would be more mutual understanding.

Also a big issue for my area is that the vast majority of Travellers are caravan based and are actually travelling, there isn't much available housing so there are barely any housed travellers if any so there is little to none within the community, also going back to bridge building there has been sites set up for the travellers but they have rarely used them and instead opted to set up wherever they please.

YES people should be more understanding and accepting but on the flip side I think people also need to see it's not a minority problem, to see it like that I think is a little naive and ignoring the problems is never going to solve them.
At the 2011 Census, the majority
(76%) of Gypsies and Irish Travellers in England and Wales lived in
bricks-and-mortar accommodation, and 24% lived in a caravan or other
mobile or temporary structure.
The total number of Traveller caravans in England in July 2017 was
22,792, an increase of 33% since July 2007. The majority (54%) of
caravans were on private sites, 29% were on sites operated by local
authorities and registered providers of social housing, and 16% were on
unauthorised sites
. Gov source
Do you actually know how many live in housing or did you just assume that the ones in caravans are the only gypsies/travellers in your area?
I think it's naive thinking it's a majority problem.Sure it's a problem that needs sorting out but lumping a whole community into the mix on the actions of a few is not the way.
I'm speaking specifically about my immediate area in terms of housing, I live on the edge of town were there are lots of fields, the area has a pretty tight knit community where everyone knows each other, from experience I know the vast majority of Travellers in the area are caravan based so it's not an assumption it's living in the area for 25+ years and witnessing first hand.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:22 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:00 pm
Tsi wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:23 am

Do you actually know how many live in housing or did you just assume that the ones in caravans are the only gypsies/travellers in your area?
I think it's naive thinking it's a majority problem.Sure it's a problem that needs sorting out but lumping a whole community into the mix on the actions of a few is not the way.
I'm speaking specifically about my immediate area in terms of housing, I live on the edge of town were there are lots of fields, the area has a pretty tight knit community where everyone knows each other, from experience I know the vast majority of Travellers in the area are caravan based so it's not an assumption it's living in the area for 25+ years and witnessing first hand.
Same where i used to live. I dont mind travelers that leave me and the community alone, i hate the ones that come in and trash the place and take what ever they want and laugh at you when you try to stop them.

Basically they lack respect for the people around them, and so they get none in return.

Ive never really seen much of a pikie community in the US. I wonder if it has anything to do with the castle laws here.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:58 pm

Tsi wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:54 pm
Micky Quim wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:01 pm

Maybe not but a very high majority are like that and destroy any thoughts that they have any sort of culture or deserve the status of ethnicity. Everywhere they go they ruin communities and everyone dreads their arrival
You're wrong after marrying into that community i can tell you that it is definitely a minority that behave in that way and like i said Gypsy/travellers dislike them.People have to remember individuals commit crimes not communities so it's unfair to tar a whole community because of the few.
Tell that to the poor people who live in Appleby. This time every year the village gets destroyed by the horrible bastards

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:11 pm

Micky Quim wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:58 pm
Tsi wrote:

You're wrong after marrying into that community i can tell you that it is definitely a minority that behave in that way and like i said Gypsy/travellers dislike them.People have to remember individuals commit crimes not communities so it's unfair to tar a whole community because of the few.
Tell that to the poor people who live in Appleby. This time every year the village gets destroyed by the horrible bastards
I must admit it does seem to be: positive experiences, 1 - negative experiences, all the rest.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:58 pm

TF keeps logging me out <grr>

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:32 pm

Van Beatski wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:58 pm

Someone mentioned clearing the cache which worked for me.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:16 pm

Micky Quim wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:58 pm
Tsi wrote:

SpoilerShow
Someone reads the daily Mail too much -
Appleby fair was attended by around 40,000 people this year the figures were 10,000 gypsies/travellers 30,000 others.
3 issues always get thrown about around this fair mess being left in the town, violent crime and animal cruelty.

The Local Authority (Eden District Council, which convenes the Multi-Agency Strategic Co-Ordinating Group to manage the official response to the fair) is required to deal with these matters, and their official sources provide a context for these controversial issues.

In 2014 there were 28 arrests at the fair, the lowest for several years (for among other things, drug use, drunkenness, and obstruction), which senior police have confirmed is not disproportionate to other large-scale public events. In 2015, this number came down further, with only 15 arrests over the whole fair, for what the police described as 'mostly low level disorder.'

As regards rubbish and clean-up costs, although the trade stands leave a few tons of waste, the market field and Fair Hill are cleaned of litter the day after the fair, at no cost to the ratepayers, and within a week there is hardly a trace that a fair has been held.The MASCG Committee reported that improvements in provision of litter bins, signage etc. had resulted a reduction in the number of tonnes of litter from 43 tonnes to 29 tonnes. Again not disproportionate to other large-scale public events.

As regards animal cruelty, the RSPCA patrols the fair scrupulously, and although in 2009 Animal Aid called for the fair to be banned,[10] nevertheless the instances of cruelty are few, and they are prosecuted where they do occur. Warnings and advice are given in borderline cases, and the very great majority of horses at the fair are well looked after, well treated, and in good condition.In 2016, the RSPCA stated unequivocally that although there were some welfare issues, mostly brought about by the hot weather, the Fair is a large-scale event and it is only a small minority of people who attend the fair that have little regard for animal welfare.

The figures are going to be pretty much on par this year as the dates stated.

There are 5 landowners (Appleby town council being one of them) who every year provide land for caravans, stalls and toilets/water etc.for a fee. No major issues reported by any of these land owners.Also provided are stop off points along the way pretty similar in set up to the ones at appleby.So no mass invading private land.I'm not saying a few don't break the law and do this but again it's the few.

As for how much the local economy benefits there is no concrete figures but it is estimated at around the 1.4 million mark for the 3 days.

When you consider that the major incident this year was a woman being ran over compared to the Mutiny festival where 2 people died then it sort of puts it into context as well as the arrest rates are on a par or under as say 3 football matches (fair covers 3 days).
So just as well the village (it's a town actually) gets that income as it can rebuild every year after being destroyed <erm>
Hjl wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:11 pm
I must admit it does seem to be: positive experiences, 1 - negative experiences, all the rest.
Like i said earlier to which you replied fair point you'll never know how many good interactions you've had as they don't advertise the fact they are gypsy for all you know the positive interactions you've had could outweigh the bad.
I've also said the majority of the Gypsy/Traveller community do not approve or condone the behaviour of the few causing these issues.
Anyway i'm done with this subject as it seems pure hatred is getting in the way of rational discussion so it's pretty pointless.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:48 pm

Tsi wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:32 pm
Van Beatski wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:58 pm

Someone mentioned clearing the cache which worked for me.

no dice

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:06 pm

People who can't piss into a urinal and leave a puddle of piss in front of it. If your dick is that small stand closer to the bloody urinal rather than dribbling piss all over the floor you dirty fucks.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:57 pm

Blještav Benny wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:06 pm
People who can't piss into a urinal and leave a puddle of piss in front of it. If your dick is that small stand closer to the bloody urinal rather than dribbling piss all over the floor you dirty f***s.
God I hate urinals, the water in them is always so cold on the tip...

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:06 pm

Hjl wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:57 pm
Blještav Benny wrote:
People who can't piss into a urinal and leave a puddle of piss in front of it. If your dick is that small stand closer to the bloody urinal rather than dribbling piss all over the floor you dirty f***s.
<laugh>

I don't like toilets in the USA, the water level is always so high up that when you've had a turd it's virtually floating millimeters away from your balls <laugh>

And also the big gaps down the side of cubicle doors, wtf is all that about?!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:27 pm

Blještav Benny wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:06 pm
Hjl wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:57 pm

<laugh>

I don't like toilets in the USA, the water level is always so high up that when you've had a turd it's virtually floating millimeters away from your balls <laugh>

And also the big gaps down the side of cubicle doors, wtf is all that about?!
So you can see who is doing the loud liquid s***. Need to know who to congratulate.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:51 pm

Blještav Benny wrote:
I had to go to miniOTs primary school to watch her in a play when she was in the reception year. I'd gone to the pub first for a pint or two and by the time the performance finished, my back teeth were floating.

I headed off in the direction of the toilet and realised the height of the urinals was instantly going to be an issue.

I tried to semi-squat and lean right over the top so I could direct the urine down but I've got arthritis in one knee and the other knee is just knackered so I sort of spasmed part way through and ended up pissing all over the wall and the floor while groaning in pain and when I finished and turned around I saw lots of little people staring at me...

Needless to say I did the right thing afterwards. I made miniOT change schools.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:20 pm

Forum keeps logging me out <fist>
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:58 am

Chappy Al-Shabab wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:20 pm
Maybe it's a hint ;)

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:39 pm

Chappy Al-Shabab wrote:
Are you using more than one device to view the forum? It seems when I bounce back and forth between my laptop and phone that the forum logs me out and makes me log back in each time.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:51 pm

Blještav Benny wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:58 am
Chappy Al-Shabab wrote:
Maybe it's a hint ;)
You need me for the Whisky Club <fist>
Hjl wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:39 pm
Chappy Al-Shabab wrote:
Are you using more than one device to view the forum? It seems when I bounce back and forth between my laptop and phone that the forum logs me out and makes me log back in each time.
Yeah.. good point.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:17 pm

Hjl wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:39 pm
Chappy Al-Shabab wrote:
Yeah it's doing the same for me. I switch between my phone, tablet and laptop and keep getting logged out.

Never have done previously though, it's just started recently.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:57 am

The French.

Bunch of useless ****. My journey home from Marseille yesterday ended up taking nearly 15 hours door to door due to those useless turds. I missed my flight connection in Munich as our flight leaving Marseille was delayed by over an hour. The reason for the delay was that in their wisdom the French only had one person on the passport control desk so it was taking people over an hour to get through. As so many people were in the queue they were delaying flights, so we got delayed by an hour and then missed our slot and had to wait another 20 mins just because those useless bastards couldn't put more staff on the passport desks.

It's not a one off either, when I landed on Thurs last week there was only one person checking as we arrived. It's gross incompetence.

People slag off Britain, but I landed in Birmingham, was off the plane and onto the train in under 20 minutes. They've got these amazing inventions called e-passport machines, the technology must baffle the French or else you'd assume that they'd have some too.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:15 am

Blještav Benny wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:57 am
The French.

Bunch of useless ****. My journey home from Marseille yesterday ended up taking nearly 15 hours door to door due to those useless turds. I missed my flight connection in Munich as our flight leaving Marseille was delayed by over an hour. The reason for the delay was that in their wisdom the French only had one person on the passport control desk so it was taking people over an hour to get through. As so many people were in the queue they were delaying flights, so we got delayed by an hour and then missed our slot and had to wait another 20 mins just because those useless bastards couldn't put more staff on the passport desks.

It's not a one off either, when I landed on Thurs last week there was only one person checking as we arrived. It's gross incompetence.

People slag off Britain, but I landed in Birmingham, was off the plane and onto the train in under 20 minutes. They've got these amazing inventions called e-passport machines, the technology must baffle the French or else you'd assume that they'd have some too.
Wait! France actually has immigration officers checking passports?

Usually I breeze through "passport control" because the immigration officer is sitting behind a desk with their feet up and just waving people through or just reading a newspaper and studiously ignoring everyone.