Spain manager sacked

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Spain manager sacked

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:26 am

Rafa will no doubt be linked to the job.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:45 am

Blještav Benny wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:26 am
Rafa will no doubt be linked to the job.
already has
I'll Hazard a guess

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:42 am

Well I think that we can confidently say that Hierro won't be getting the job <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:23 pm

So turns out Spanish FA sounded out Rafa for the job before the World Cup
I'll Hazard a guess

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:33 pm

They probably sounded out a few tbf.

Scalabrine
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Scalabrine » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:36 pm

President of The Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF), Luis Rubiales, confirms that the club had sent a letter to them offering Rafa the national team in the World Cup.

This club is a joke, really.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:53 pm

Because that's definitely true, yeah? Its always easier to accept negative news so far as this club is concerned
Not saying its false, but the fact is he didn't go. He wants to be here. We just need the fat man to go buy Birmingham or something
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

ScottW1886
Pope's Goalposts

Post by ScottW1886 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:49 am

Is there any suggestion that Rafa was offered the job on a permanent basis, and not just as a short term basis for the World Cup?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:03 pm

ScottW1886 wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:49 am
Is there any suggestion that Rafa was offered the job on a permanent basis, and not just as a short term basis for the World Cup?
No, it was just a quick fix for the World Cup so I think it's being blown out of all proportion really.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:34 pm

Why does Spain offering Rafa the job make the club a joke?

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:41 pm

I'm over Colo wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:34 pm
Why does Spain offering Rafa the job make the club a joke?
This <laugh> Amount of people who wet their pants over any bit of 'bad' news is extraordinary.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:25 pm

Nice gesture if anything

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:25 pm

I think it is the rumour that the club wrote a letter to the Spanish FA and offered them Benitez that people are crying about. Still ****. Who writes letters in 2018!
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:47 pm

Toondes wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:25 pm
I think it is the rumour that the club wrote a letter to the Spanish FA and offered them Benitez that people are crying about. Still ****. Who writes letters in 2018!
Why on earth would they do that? It seemingly takes them months to make contact with clubs for players, I hardly think they'd initiate offloading Rafa, the only thing that saved this band of scallywags from relegation.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:51 pm

No idea , just read it today. Obviously **** but people will still believe it
# stolen from nufc.com :)

omegaprimevkm
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by omegaprimevkm » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:55 am

I'm over Colo wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:47 pm
Toondes wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:25 pm
Why on earth would they do that? It seemingly takes them months to make contact with clubs for players, I hardly think they'd initiate offloading Rafa, the only thing that saved this band of scallywags from relegation.
They would, however, let you borrow Benitez for a world cup, and NUFC would charge a loan fee, with a view to paying a release if they want to retain him full time. This is the point.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:55 pm

omegaprimevkm wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:55 am
I'm over Colo wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:47 pm

They would, however, let you borrow Benitez for a world cup, and NUFC would charge a loan fee, with a view to paying a release if they want to retain him full time. This is the point.
And what would be the problem with that? Even without an offer, had they wanted to hire him they'd have had to buy him out of his contract anyway. And we already knew they were considering him for the job anyway. I guess I just feel like this is a pretty manufactured controversy that doesn't rank compared to all of the other reasons to be mad about how the club is being run.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:59 pm

'Manufactured controversy' sums a lot of things up nicely at the moment. The amount of new twitter accounts springing up and jumping on the bandwagon of moaning Newcastle fans is ridiculous. Someone at NUFC could through an apple core in the bin rather than composting it and there would be outrage.

omegaprimevkm
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by omegaprimevkm » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:55 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:59 pm
'Manufactured controversy' sums a lot of things up nicely at the moment. The amount of new twitter accounts springing up and jumping on the bandwagon of moaning Newcastle fans is ridiculous. Someone at NUFC could through an apple core in the bin rather than composting it and there would be outrage.
I disagree. This isn't manufactured outrage whatsoever - the club actively attempting to move their own manager on for a short term financial gain, bearing in mind the fact that they won't be able to attract another manager of this calibre is nigh on ridiculous behaviour.

I understand we've been under Ashley for 11 years and his intention will always be to mislead fans and make things seem positive but there is no doubt that fans promoting the idea that he needs to move on is the right approach - he will happily sit on Newcastle as an asset, simply because football clubs values are rising miles faster than any inflation rate, unified trust or bond purchase that would probably be where you would park £300m.

The proposal to accept the fate whilst the club fails to compete is unacceptable.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:58 pm

omegaprimevkm wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:55 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:59 pm
I disagree. This isn't manufactured outrage whatsoever - the club actively attempting to move their own manager on for a short term financial gain, bearing in mind the fact that they won't be able to attract another manager of this calibre is nigh on ridiculous behaviour.

I understand we've been under Ashley for 11 years and his intention will always be to mislead fans and make things seem positive but there is no doubt that fans promoting the idea that he needs to move on is the right approach - he will happily sit on Newcastle as an asset, simply because football clubs values are rising miles faster than any inflation rate, unified trust or bond purchase that would probably be where you would park £300m.

The proposal to accept the fate whilst the club fails to compete is unacceptable.
I'm not saying that it's wrong to want Ashley out, just more generally at the amount of people who micro-analyse and take outrage at literally every single decision made by the club. The £4.95 to stream the four friendly games for example, the sheer volume of people kicking off about it really is tragic, some people need to get a life. Fair enough about the big issues, but some things really aren't the issues that people are making out and it's all getting pretty boring. A lot of toon fans seem to be turning into millennials and feel the need to be outraged by everything.