Pavel's eBar

Post a reply


This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.

BBCode is ON
[img] is OFF
[flash] is OFF
[url] is ON
Smilies are OFF

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Pavel's eBar

Re: Pavel's eBar

by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:10 pm

Had trouble floating <laugh>

Re: Pavel's eBar

by overseasTOON » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:56 pm

Re: Pavel's eBar

by Chappy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:16 pm

Blještav Benny wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:57 pm
Chappy Al-Shabab wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:45 pm


When you say meat is that including fish as well?
Oh no, I'm still eating fish! Usually have fish two days per week.
Ah well that would be doable. Still be hard tho.

Re: Pavel's eBar

by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:57 pm

Chappy Al-Shabab wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:45 pm
Blještav Benny wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:22 am


Meat has honestly been so easy, and previously it was rare for me not to have meat 7 days per week ( <perv> ).
When you say meat is that including fish as well?
Oh no, I'm still eating fish! Usually have fish two days per week.

Re: Pavel's eBar

by Chappy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:45 pm

Blještav Benny wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:22 am
Chappy Al-Shabab wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:38 am


Couldn't do that. I'm cutting down and training a lot at the mo. But couldn't give up meat. Much easi er giving up booze.
Meat has honestly been so easy, and previously it was rare for me not to have meat 7 days per week ( <perv> ).
When you say meat is that including fish as well?

Re: Pavel's eBar

by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:22 am

Chappy Al-Shabab wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:38 am
Blještav Benny wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:00 am
Gave up booze, meat, junk food and bread for July. I started one day early so am actually 2 weeks in.
Couldn't do that. I'm cutting down and training a lot at the mo. But couldn't give up meat. Much easier giving up booze.
Meat has honestly been so easy, and previously it was rare for me not to have meat 7 days per week ( <perv> ).

Re: Pavel's eBar

by PTAO? » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:43 am

Chappy Al-Shabab wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:38 am
Blještav Benny wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:00 am
Gave up booze, meat, junk food and bread for July. I started one day early so am actually 2 weeks in.
Couldn't do that. I'm cutting down and training a lot at the mo. But couldn't give up meat. Much easier giving up booze.
Yeah I didn't eat meat for three days once. Went to the zoo and I was drooling at the antelope.

Re: Pavel's eBar

by Chappy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:38 am

Blještav Benny wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:00 am
Gave up booze, meat, junk food and bread for July. I started one day early so am actually 2 weeks in.
Couldn't do that. I'm cutting down and training a lot at the mo. But couldn't give up meat. Much easier giving up booze.

Re: Pavel's eBar

by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:00 am

Gave up booze, meat, junk food and bread for July. I started one day early so am actually 2 weeks in.

Feeling pretty good, I wouldn't say that it's made a huge difference, but I definitely feel fresher. Lost 1kg so that's neither here nor there. My weight tends to stay pretty static. Turds definitely slip out easier too...

When July is over I'll go back to drinking at weekends, but maybe cut down a bit. I also don't miss meat at all, so I probably won't bother buying any. The only time i'll have meat is if I go out for dinner somewhere.

Re: Pavel's eBar

by Micky Quim » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:40 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:32 am
Blještav Benny wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:06 am


Has she ever shown any interest in gokarting or is this because you want to go <laugh>
She loves Mario Kart.
Awesome present, I would love that. Think I will mention this to my wife - its my birthday soonish...

Re: Pavel's eBar

by overseasTOON » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:32 am

Blještav Benny wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:06 am
overseasTOON wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:58 pm
MiniOT is 12 tomorrow.

Got her a years membership for gokarting at a place near us.

She has 12 paid for sessions for two people and any additional sessions we book come with a 50% discount.
Has she ever shown any interest in gokarting or is this because you want to go <laugh>
She loves Mario Kart.

Re: Pavel's eBar

by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:06 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:58 pm
MiniOT is 12 tomorrow.

Got her a years membership for gokarting at a place near us.

She has 12 paid for sessions for two people and any additional sessions we book come with a 50% discount.
Has she ever shown any interest in gokarting or is this because you want to go <laugh>

Re: Pavel's eBar

by overseasTOON » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:58 pm

MiniOT is 12 tomorrow.

Got her a years membership for gokarting at a place near us.

She has 12 paid for sessions for two people and any additional sessions we book come with a 50% discount.

Re: Pavel's eBar

by Don Sholeone » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:32 am

seatonsluicetoon wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:29 pm
Anyone good with video editing?

I am trying to win a scholarship to a London ad school by documenting my attempts to make an idea go viral.

The trouble is I can tell you exactly what I want to achieve but have no idea how to make it happen.

The idea is that to enhance sales of a chocolate bar (Cadbury's Wispa) the video maker will film themselves dropping their Wispa in various ridiculous places - down the toilet, off the Eifell Tower etc etc. The only limit is the video maker's imagination. Once the drop occurs a purple semi-transparent wash fills the screen (Cadbury colours), accompanied by the opening bars of George Michael's Careless Whisper.

Here is a link to my example video:



My problem is I don't know how to make this filter available to others, or, indeed, how to make it into a single file. It is currently an audio track and a png file on iMovie. I can create a standard mp4 video using these two files but this loses the transparency of the png. The transparent wash and the music are the 'punchline' so I need to give users access to these in order to keep uniformity, otherwise it's just a bunch of people dropping chocolate bars. Is there a way to export these two things as a single file and maintain the transparency? Alternatively is there a much more user friendly way of doing all of this that I'm not thinking of?

In terms of resources I have access to Creative Cloud so can use anything from that, plus any native apps on Mac such as iMovie.
It sounds like a simple project, id film what you need to film, edit it, then import the video file into adobe after effects where you can place your filter, it works with layers similar to photoshop but obviously you will have your video layer still, also for your filter layer there are plenty of of tutorials about doing splash effects and ripples using after effects, also if you go online you can probably download the cadbury font.



if you could make your purple layer like this you could also keyframe in and animate the opacity


Also for feedback maybe the peeing could be a bit too extreme, after all they would want an ad to not be too controversial, but you could go for your idea but have it more implied, for example, maybe shooting it as the guy goes into the toilet lifts the lid, camera cuts to a facial shot, zip sound effect, your eating the chocolate bit and then the drop, facial reaction shot, then your end graphic.

Also a good idea to give you an edge would be to shoot a series of different ridiculous situational ones to make a short showreel, with a "dont be careless with your wispa" theme, that way you are showing off film skills, effects skills, creative ideas, a prolonged campaign plan. a lot of people get bored of the same advert but when they are a different ones for the same product and they are all linked it peaks a customers interest more, that's just a few ideas id personally think about.

Re: Pavel's eBar

by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:48 pm

seatonsluicetoon wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:29 pm
Anyone good with video editing?

I am trying to win a scholarship to a London ad school by documenting my attempts to make an idea go viral.

The trouble is I can tell you exactly what I want to achieve but have no idea how to make it happen.

The idea is that to enhance sales of a chocolate bar (Cadbury's Wispa) the video maker will film themselves dropping their Wispa in various ridiculous places - down the toilet, off the Eifell Tower etc etc. The only limit is the video maker's imagination. Once the drop occurs a purple semi-transparent wash fills the screen (Cadbury colours), accompanied by the opening bars of George Michael's Careless Whisper.

Here is a link to my example video:



My problem is I don't know how to make this filter available to others, or, indeed, how to make it into a single file. It is currently an audio track and a png file on iMovie. I can create a standard mp4 video using these two files but this loses the transparency of the png. The transparent wash and the music are the 'punchline' so I need to give users access to these in order to keep uniformity, otherwise it's just a bunch of people dropping chocolate bars. Is there a way to export these two things as a single file and maintain the transparency? Alternatively is there a much more user friendly way of doing all of this that I'm not thinking of?

In terms of resources I have access to Creative Cloud so can use anything from that, plus any native apps on Mac such as iMovie.

Sorry - I have zero tech or creative skills.

Come to think of it I have no skills whatsoever really <wah>

Re: Pavel's eBar

by overseasTOON » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:48 am

Re: Pavel's eBar

by seatonsluicetoon » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:29 pm

Anyone good with video editing?

I am trying to win a scholarship to a London ad school by documenting my attempts to make an idea go viral.

The trouble is I can tell you exactly what I want to achieve but have no idea how to make it happen.

The idea is that to enhance sales of a chocolate bar (Cadbury's Wispa) the video maker will film themselves dropping their Wispa in various ridiculous places - down the toilet, off the Eifell Tower etc etc. The only limit is the video maker's imagination. Once the drop occurs a purple semi-transparent wash fills the screen (Cadbury colours), accompanied by the opening bars of George Michael's Careless Whisper.

Here is a link to my example video:



My problem is I don't know how to make this filter available to others, or, indeed, how to make it into a single file. It is currently an audio track and a png file on iMovie. I can create a standard mp4 video using these two files but this loses the transparency of the png. The transparent wash and the music are the 'punchline' so I need to give users access to these in order to keep uniformity, otherwise it's just a bunch of people dropping chocolate bars. Is there a way to export these two things as a single file and maintain the transparency? Alternatively is there a much more user friendly way of doing all of this that I'm not thinking of?

In terms of resources I have access to Creative Cloud so can use anything from that, plus any native apps on Mac such as iMovie.

Re: Pavel's eBar

by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:28 pm

I'm suffering from man-flu, went to the shop near my work earlier to get some tissues and mistakenly asked if they had Balsamic Tissues rather than Balsam Tissues <laugh> <neg>

Re: Pavel's eBar

by FogOnTheRhine » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:36 pm

Just got back from Cancun/Playa Del Carmen today. Watched both of the Mexico matches at a sports bar whilst over there, atmosphere was brilliant - they went absolutely mental when that Lozano goal went in against Germany. That and a lone Croatian fan riling up an entire room of Argentinians and getting pelted with risotto balls from the buffet were definite highlights as far as this World Cup has gone <laugh>

Re: Pavel's eBar

by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:00 pm

PTAO? wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:02 pm
Does anyone know where BB is right now?
I was in the South of France. Currently at Munich airport, missed our connecting flight as our first flight was delayed so now having to fly to Brussels and then Brussels to Birmingham. Was supposed to get back at 17.10 but now it will be 21.20 - should be able to get €250 compensation tho <diva>

Top