Pavel's eBar

What to do with empty filing cabinet in office?

Keep it, just in case.
3
12%
Remove it.
0
No votes
Shoot it.
2
8%
Fill with booze.
14
54%
Turn into modern art.
3
12%
Sell it to Ashley as our new star striker in exchange for a big mug and £5 SD voucher.
4
15%
 
Total votes: 26

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 25674
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:01 pm

OverseersmademesupportenglandTOON wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:51 pm
Blještav Benny wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:32 pm
My building manager at work has sent round an email to all staff saying that we're having a fire drill at 3pm. Doesn't that partly defeat the object of the fire drill <scratch>
I was a fire officer for a previous company and I was forced to stand near a fire exit during one drill waving my arms in the air and shouting "I'm a fire! I'm a fire!" to make the others turn around and find another exit.
Should have made you dress up too <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging
Posts: 19161
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:43 am

Buying a run around this weekend for me and the missus.

Wanted something cheap to insure, practical and economical to run and found a Nissan Note which seems ideal.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 25674
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:51 pm

A mate picked me up in his new BMW M140i last night, I've had an S3 which is a fast car but this thing is on another planet. Never been in a car with that power and acceleration. Only just getting into its stride at about 110mph.

OT it has an eco mode so would make a handy runabout.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman
Posts: 8626
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:54 pm
Location: Monte Darlo

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by Micky Quim » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:59 pm

OverseersmademesupportenglandTOON wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:43 am
Buying a run around this weekend for me and the missus.

Wanted something cheap to insure, practical and economical to run and found a Nissan Note which seems ideal.
Commit suicide right now, you have given up on life <disgrace>

User avatar
overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging
Posts: 19161
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:28 am

Managed to break my finger last night squashing garden waste into the wheelie bin using an old paint tin.

That's why I need the car Micky...

User avatar
biggeordiedave
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 23147
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Northumberland... so not actually a Geordie

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:42 pm

OT you are now officially an old man <ok>
Kindly deeds done for free!

User avatar
overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging
Posts: 19161
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:32 pm

bigbelgiandave wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:42 pm
OT you are now officially an old man <ok>
I quote some young, d*******, selfie obsessed millennial from the other week who asked, "Who is that drunk old guy" to which my wife replied my husband.

He then said I was an embarrassment and my wife asked what he managed to achieve in his 25 years.

Long story cut short. I win.

Old, grey and great!

User avatar
biggeordiedave
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 23147
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Northumberland... so not actually a Geordie

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:54 pm

OverseersmademesupportenglandTOON wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:32 pm
bigbelgiandave wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:42 pm
OT you are now officially an old man <ok>
I quote some young, d*******, selfie obsessed millennial from the other week who asked, "Who is that drunk old guy" to which my wife replied my husband.

He then said I was an embarrassment and my wife asked what he managed to achieve in his 25 years.

Long story cut short. I win.

Old, grey and great!
<diva>
Kindly deeds done for free!

User avatar
PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Posts: 8497
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:42 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by PTAO? » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:02 pm

Does anyone know where BB is right now?

User avatar
biggeordiedave
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 23147
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Northumberland... so not actually a Geordie

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:54 pm

PTAO? wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:02 pm
Does anyone know where BB is right now?
How specific do you need the answer to be? Would the country/region suffice, or do you need coordinates for an airstrike or something?
Kindly deeds done for free!

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 25674
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:00 pm

PTAO? wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:02 pm
Does anyone know where BB is right now?
I was in the South of France. Currently at Munich airport, missed our connecting flight as our first flight was delayed so now having to fly to Brussels and then Brussels to Birmingham. Was supposed to get back at 17.10 but now it will be 21.20 - should be able to get €250 compensation tho <diva>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Lidl
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Posts: 15493
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:59 pm
Location: Lidl

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by Lidl » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:36 pm

Just got back from Cancun/Playa Del Carmen today. Watched both of the Mexico matches at a sports bar whilst over there, atmosphere was brilliant - they went absolutely mental when that Lozano goal went in against Germany. That and a lone Croatian fan riling up an entire room of Argentinians and getting pelted with risotto balls from the buffet were definite highlights as far as this World Cup has gone <laugh>
If This Is How You Folks Make Art, Well That's f***ing Depressing

Get It On My Back You Slag!

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 25674
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:28 pm

I'm suffering from man-flu, went to the shop near my work earlier to get some tissues and mistakenly asked if they had Balsamic Tissues rather than Balsam Tissues <laugh> <neg>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
seatonsluicetoon
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1376
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:01 am
Location: Costa del Croydon

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by seatonsluicetoon » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:29 pm

Anyone good with video editing?

I am trying to win a scholarship to a London ad school by documenting my attempts to make an idea go viral.

The trouble is I can tell you exactly what I want to achieve but have no idea how to make it happen.

The idea is that to enhance sales of a chocolate bar (Cadbury's Wispa) the video maker will film themselves dropping their Wispa in various ridiculous places - down the toilet, off the Eifell Tower etc etc. The only limit is the video maker's imagination. Once the drop occurs a purple semi-transparent wash fills the screen (Cadbury colours), accompanied by the opening bars of George Michael's Careless Whisper.

Here is a link to my example video:



My problem is I don't know how to make this filter available to others, or, indeed, how to make it into a single file. It is currently an audio track and a png file on iMovie. I can create a standard mp4 video using these two files but this loses the transparency of the png. The transparent wash and the music are the 'punchline' so I need to give users access to these in order to keep uniformity, otherwise it's just a bunch of people dropping chocolate bars. Is there a way to export these two things as a single file and maintain the transparency? Alternatively is there a much more user friendly way of doing all of this that I'm not thinking of?

In terms of resources I have access to Creative Cloud so can use anything from that, plus any native apps on Mac such as iMovie.
Supercalifragilisticexpiameobi

User avatar
overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging
Posts: 19161
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:48 am


User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 25674
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:48 pm

seatonsluicetoon wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:29 pm
Anyone good with video editing?

I am trying to win a scholarship to a London ad school by documenting my attempts to make an idea go viral.

The trouble is I can tell you exactly what I want to achieve but have no idea how to make it happen.

The idea is that to enhance sales of a chocolate bar (Cadbury's Wispa) the video maker will film themselves dropping their Wispa in various ridiculous places - down the toilet, off the Eifell Tower etc etc. The only limit is the video maker's imagination. Once the drop occurs a purple semi-transparent wash fills the screen (Cadbury colours), accompanied by the opening bars of George Michael's Careless Whisper.

Here is a link to my example video:



My problem is I don't know how to make this filter available to others, or, indeed, how to make it into a single file. It is currently an audio track and a png file on iMovie. I can create a standard mp4 video using these two files but this loses the transparency of the png. The transparent wash and the music are the 'punchline' so I need to give users access to these in order to keep uniformity, otherwise it's just a bunch of people dropping chocolate bars. Is there a way to export these two things as a single file and maintain the transparency? Alternatively is there a much more user friendly way of doing all of this that I'm not thinking of?

In terms of resources I have access to Creative Cloud so can use anything from that, plus any native apps on Mac such as iMovie.

Sorry - I have zero tech or creative skills.

Come to think of it I have no skills whatsoever really <wah>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Don Sholeone
BSN Correspondant
BSN Correspondant
Posts: 8891
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:32 am

seatonsluicetoon wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:29 pm
Anyone good with video editing?

I am trying to win a scholarship to a London ad school by documenting my attempts to make an idea go viral.

The trouble is I can tell you exactly what I want to achieve but have no idea how to make it happen.

The idea is that to enhance sales of a chocolate bar (Cadbury's Wispa) the video maker will film themselves dropping their Wispa in various ridiculous places - down the toilet, off the Eifell Tower etc etc. The only limit is the video maker's imagination. Once the drop occurs a purple semi-transparent wash fills the screen (Cadbury colours), accompanied by the opening bars of George Michael's Careless Whisper.

Here is a link to my example video:



My problem is I don't know how to make this filter available to others, or, indeed, how to make it into a single file. It is currently an audio track and a png file on iMovie. I can create a standard mp4 video using these two files but this loses the transparency of the png. The transparent wash and the music are the 'punchline' so I need to give users access to these in order to keep uniformity, otherwise it's just a bunch of people dropping chocolate bars. Is there a way to export these two things as a single file and maintain the transparency? Alternatively is there a much more user friendly way of doing all of this that I'm not thinking of?

In terms of resources I have access to Creative Cloud so can use anything from that, plus any native apps on Mac such as iMovie.
It sounds like a simple project, id film what you need to film, edit it, then import the video file into adobe after effects where you can place your filter, it works with layers similar to photoshop but obviously you will have your video layer still, also for your filter layer there are plenty of of tutorials about doing splash effects and ripples using after effects, also if you go online you can probably download the cadbury font.



if you could make your purple layer like this you could also keyframe in and animate the opacity


Also for feedback maybe the peeing could be a bit too extreme, after all they would want an ad to not be too controversial, but you could go for your idea but have it more implied, for example, maybe shooting it as the guy goes into the toilet lifts the lid, camera cuts to a facial shot, zip sound effect, your eating the chocolate bit and then the drop, facial reaction shot, then your end graphic.

Also a good idea to give you an edge would be to shoot a series of different ridiculous situational ones to make a short showreel, with a "dont be careless with your wispa" theme, that way you are showing off film skills, effects skills, creative ideas, a prolonged campaign plan. a lot of people get bored of the same advert but when they are a different ones for the same product and they are all linked it peaks a customers interest more, that's just a few ideas id personally think about.
TINO'S ON FIRE BARCELONA'S TERRIFIED
Image

User avatar
overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging
Posts: 19161
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:58 pm

MiniOT is 12 tomorrow.

Got her a years membership for gokarting at a place near us.

She has 12 paid for sessions for two people and any additional sessions we book come with a 50% discount.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 25674
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:06 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:58 pm
MiniOT is 12 tomorrow.

Got her a years membership for gokarting at a place near us.

She has 12 paid for sessions for two people and any additional sessions we book come with a 50% discount.
Has she ever shown any interest in gokarting or is this because you want to go <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging
Posts: 19161
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:32 am

Blještav Benny wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:06 am
overseasTOON wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:58 pm
MiniOT is 12 tomorrow.

Got her a years membership for gokarting at a place near us.

She has 12 paid for sessions for two people and any additional sessions we book come with a 50% discount.
Has she ever shown any interest in gokarting or is this because you want to go <laugh>
She loves Mario Kart.

Post Reply