Total votes: 62

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by gola » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:53 pm

seaside nipper wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:29 am
Football focus 🥵
It’s now 100% cringe worthy with virtue signalling and a basic hopeless host format. It’s now my trigger for throwing the remote at the tv. Expect a ballers fast fashion slot shortly
This has taken over in the rank rotten stakes from from the increasingly irrelevant Gillette soccer Saturday
Two previously must have programmes now making themselves utterly redundant
lol agree

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:55 pm

Been a long time since I watched football focus (easily 10 years), haven’t watched Soccer Saturday for about two years now (used to love it) either. Just seems totally dated and cliched now, and the “expert” insight is laughable.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:35 am

wen ur dad pretends forget ur bday n tells u ur nt his child!

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:15 am

WTAF gola. That sounds rough. Hope you have decent ppl for support
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:36 am

gola wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:35 am
wen ur dad pretends forget ur bday n tells u ur nt his child!
Bloody hell. I think this is probably the most legitimate message of hate ever posted.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:40 pm

im used 2 it now tbh n feel silly mentionin it in here. hes jus old skool n i get it that im confusin n difficult sumtimes with my condition n also how i identify must b hard 4 sum1 from that generation bt hes my dad and i want him love me or show it sumtimes. its not like i choose 2 b who i am i dint hav the surgery lightly i fort about it 4 ages bout who i was and am and i feel i am a woman bt like i say i must b hard work my other half tells me tht bt i jus want him be kind 2 me and jus say happy bday or sumthin i dunno. it is wat it is tho cnt rly change owt jus gotta keep livin and bring joy 2 ppl u can

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:12 pm

Full credit to you, we’ve all got a right to be the person we want to be. It’s a shame that some people are still too stuck in the past or so small minded that they can’t accept that.

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:10 pm

thanks man n yeh it s a shame but like larkin sed about parents in this be verse il find it

they were f***ed up in their turn
by fools in old style hats and coats
who half the time were soppy stern
and half at one another’s throats

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:57 pm

Gola, i've always felt that you make your family, your true family, from the friends around you. The ones who love and support you for who you are, warts and all. Not those who claim the label "family" through accident of birth. Anybody that distances themselves from you will be the one that is losing out and not you. Let them stew in the juices of their own ignorance and don't let them get you down. (Although I know that is easier said than done).

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:57 am

thats a gr8 way of lookin at it i rly like tht thanx 4 sayin it

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:21 am

Agree with DT.

I also like what columnist Dan Savage says about parents (I could only find a letter re homophobia but I think the core idea is same)
Your only leverage over your parents as an adult is your presence. If they can't love and respect you for who you are, you don't have to see them. If that's the only way you can be yourself and live with integrity and authenticity, then it's a price you may have to pay. It’ll be sad if it comes to that—but remember: homophobic parents are responsible for their estrangement from their adult gay children. You aren’t doing something terrible to them, they're doing something terrible to themselves. When you're ready to to tell them, tell them. Let 'em disown you, let your mom faint with disgust, let your dad stomp his feet until there's nothing left but stumps.
https://www.thestranger.com/slog/2018/0 ... -being-gay

He also says parents often take toddler-esque tantrums with their adult kids. And you don't give in to Toddlers.

Good luck
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:17 am

Yep! I also have a rule of thumb, "never accept s*** from a member of your family that you would not accept from a stranger".

Being related to somebody doesn't give anybody licence to be an arsehole to them.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:25 am

Donkey Toon wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:17 am
Yep! I also have a rule of thumb, "never accept s*** from a member of your family that you would not accept from a stranger".

Being related to somebody doesn't give anybody licence to be an arsehole to them.
Thats pretty much why I walked away from my brother nearly 20 years ago and haven't been in contact since.

When my mum was dying from cancer; he was a total a**hole to her and the whole family and refused to change.

After she died, he made my little sisters life a misery to the extent that she moved out the family house.

When we tried to sell the property, he f***ing trashed it and made it unsellable. The dick lit a coal fire on the living room carpet - 3 feet away from the fireplace. We dropped the price 5 times in 2 years. We had an offer he didn't feel was acceptable so tracked down the family who made the offer and threatened them. They pulled out.

Eventually had to pay for him to leave and I paid his rent; paid to restore the house to a sellable state and get rid of it and then he demanded that he get 50% of the sale because mum would have wanted it.

We lost over 100k in property value because of him.

After the sale; I told him I never wanted to see or hear from again.

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:53 am

thats rouh man n sad sorry uv had go thru that m8

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:14 pm

Mental health -
I had a poor young bloke jump in front my train I was driving near docaster 2 weeks ago . 125mph . Nothing I could've done and it was instant for him. Found out yestersay he was only 21 and had a baby on the way. Horrific experience for all involved .
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:43 pm

Awful, can’t imagine being in such a dark place that you do that. Hope you’re alright toondes, horrendous for you too. Hope your work have people you can talk to (I’m sure they will).

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:53 pm

Echo Benny's views about that tragic event. I'll just add that if anyone on this forum is in a dark place reach out to people on here they're a good bunch, they'll listen, won't judge and it'll be in confidence.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:30 pm

Yeah cheers I'm doing ok - there's solace in the fact there was nothing I could've done but it's still a traumatic experience . Time is a great healer as they say.
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:19 pm

I guess it's sadly one of those nightmare scenarios that you know as a train driver / tube driver you're likely to encounter at some point in your career, and fingers crossed it's only once.

I used to commute via train to work most days before Covid and you always notice the amount of Samaritans posters up around platforms in the hope that someone struggling might pick up the phone.

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:36 am

sorry here that m8, fuckin awful. nowt u cudve done tho tlk about it if u want 2 talkin helps