Anyone travel from West Scotland?

NeilT
Wood's Touch

Anyone travel from West Scotland?

Post by NeilT » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:43 pm

Hi,

Just joined the forum at the weekend there. Is there anyone from West Scotland particularly Ayrshire who regularly travels to home games?

Since Fat Cashley has left the building I'm going to most games at home, maybe could go turn about travelling.

Or alternatively, are there any supporters sites for NUFC fans in Scotland who put regular busses on? I noticed x3 buses with Glasgow phone numbers on them on Leazes road Saturday but forgot to take a note of the number <erk>

Cheers.
Neil T...

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Re: Anyone travel from West Scotland?

Post by gola » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:11 am

welcome mate all best ul luv it here weere a mad bunch bt friendly lol no i come bright brighton now mpoved there few years back

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:23 am

Yeaj sorry i think this forum has always been dominated by ppl who live far away. We dont have many season ticket holders
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:49 am

dnt let it stop u from joinin in tho m8 always welcome write stuff n make threads posts etc

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:20 am

Seaside Nipper is from Scotland but not sure if they travel to games.

I live in the West Midlands and did look for a supporters group once (pre Covid) and Twitter was the most useful place to look I found <ok>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:04 pm

NeilT wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:43 pm
Hi,

Just joined the forum at the weekend there. Is there anyone from West Scotland particularly Ayrshire who regularly travels to home games?

Since Fat Cashley has left the building I'm going to most games at home, maybe could go turn about travelling.

Or alternatively, are there any supporters sites for NUFC fans in Scotland who put regular busses on? I noticed x3 buses with Glasgow phone numbers on them on Leazes road Saturday but forgot to take a note of the number <erk>

Cheers.
Neil T...
Mate I travel fairly regularly to home games from WoS
Unfortunately when it comes to car sharing it usually involves Mrs Nipper face as she chaperones
some of the football trips by getting some shopping in whilst myself and my lad get game time.

We usually stay over from Friday till Sunday around a standard Saturday fixture so I’m afraid car share isn’t really an option. I would never do up and down now at this time of year….two and a half hours x 2 in a
day is too much just now , plus too many beer options to pursue to anaesthetise the results 🤣

I don’t have any direct knowledge of supporters buses from Scotland but it’s amazing the number of Scots that’s travel for the games. I’m sure you’ll get hooked up.
Clydeside & Tyneside

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:00 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:20 am

I live in the West Midlands and did look for a supporters group once (pre Covid) and Twitter was the most useful place to look I found <ok>
were in west midland bod? i used live in kenilworth for a bit

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:35 am

gola wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:00 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:

I’m on the other side of the Midlands, Wolverhampton since 2007, f*** knows where the time has gone but a marriage and divorce ate up most of that <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:52 am

gola wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:

I've lived in Leamington then Cubbington over the last few years, and now in the middle of buying in Balsall Common, skipping past Kenilworth 8)

NeilT
Wood's Touch

Post by NeilT » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:08 pm

gola wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:

Cheers, I get your point...

I've been up here for 29 year now, living in Irvine but I work in Clydebank... Originally a Benwell lad.

We stayed at the Station Hotel for the Chelsea game and at my Mams in Alnwick for the Brentford one, Mrs T did a days shopping while I was at the match.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:50 pm

NeilT wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:08 pm
gola wrote:

Cheers, I get your point...

I've been up here for 29 year now, living in Irvine but I work in Clydebank... Originally a Benwell lad.

We stayed at the Station Hotel for the Chelsea game and at my Mams in Alnwick for the Brentford one, Mrs T did a days shopping while I was at the match.
I bought a Clydebank shirt a couple of months ago for no particular reason other than I liked the design and would rather give money to a small club than buy a PL shirt where the clubs don't need the money <laugh>

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:34 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:35 am
gola wrote:

I’m on the other side of the Midlands, Wolverhampton since 2007, **** knows where the time has gone but a marriage and divorce ate up most of that <laugh>
lol u lookin 2 stay there for gd?

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:37 am

Cal wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:52 am
gola wrote:

I've lived in Leamington then Cubbington over the last few years, and now in the middle of buying in Balsall Common, skipping past Kenilworth 8)
no way! cnt remember cubbington wat was it like? leam was okay 4 wat it was. pretensions of class bt some nice parts. basil common dnt know much about only ever drove thru there (and also shagged an ex in a car on an estate, gr8 days lol). hated kenilworth so much was miserable ther for most time was there, wudnt recommend it unlkess ur in ur 60s and vote tory then u mite fit in. prob is that whole area iv nt many ppl who actually wantd live there they just did cos theyd ba job at the uni or a job for life n felt it was well positined cos of the airport links. mitve felt diff if id lived in leam tho, kworth was jus soul destroyin

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:02 am

gola wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:34 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:35 am

I’m on the other side of the Midlands, Wolverhampton since 2007, **** knows where the time has gone but a marriage and divorce ate up most of that <laugh>
lol u lookin 2 stay there for gd?
Yeah been 15 years now, most of my good friends etc are now round here so don’t imagine going anywhere else any time soon.

When I split up from my ex a couple of years ago I did briefly think about moving back to Devon where my family are, but all my other mates etc from when I was younger living there have long since moved away.