Any Tips on how to get away game tickets as a season ticket holder with no loyalty points

ToonLegend
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Any Tips on how to get away game tickets as a season ticket holder with no loyalty points

Post by ToonLegend » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:21 am

First post on this forum, I've been a season ticket holder for a couple of years (before the takeover) but I've never been to an away game and I desperately want to go to one. Seems like the only way you can get away tickets is by having a lot of loyalty points. How does someone like me, a fairly new season ticket holder with no loyalty points actually get an away ticket? Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Re: Any Tips on how to get away game tickets as a season ticket holder with no loyalty points

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:54 am

ToonLegend wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:21 am
First post on this forum, I've been a season ticket holder for a couple of years (before the takeover) but I've never been to an away game and I desperately want to go to one. Seems like the only way you can get away tickets is by having a lot of loyalty points. How does someone like me, a fairly new season ticket holder with no loyalty points actually get an away ticket? Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated
Welcome. Fair warning, many of us are remote fans who moved away
Unfortunately what happens is ppl with high loyalty but every away match. Then sell on the ones they cant get to (via twitter). Ive bought thus way occasionally and have never been burned. But obviously then these ppl have inflated points.

So other than going to all home cup games and buying any away ones that come down in points (midweek ones) then selling on, not sure how to fix it
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Any Tips on how to get away game tickets as a season ticket holder with no loyalty points

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:06 pm

Yep I’m afraid you’re not missing anything and it’ll be nigh on impossible.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:21 pm

I moved back to Newcastle last year and have been in a similar trap - I can't buy tickets in my own name, but the people I know who already have built up high loyalty points will buy up the tickets and then I have to go through them. I would guess that under the current system, the only way to build up points is to buy any ticket that opens up to ST with 0 loyalty points, regardless of whether you can make it to the game.