Pavel's eBar

What to do with empty filing cabinet in office?

Keep it, just in case.
11%
Remove it.
No votes
Shoot it.
11%
Fill with booze.
46%
Turn into modern art.
11%
Sell it to Ashley as our new star striker in exchange for a big mug and £5 SD voucher.
22%

Total votes: 37

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by Hjl » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:12 am

I got a pay raise!

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:22 am

Hjl wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:12 am
I got a pay raise!
Message of Awe thread a**hole! <mob>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:29 am

<laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:43 am

Looking for a bit of advice as I think one or two on here work in finance.

My father-in-law is going to give my impending ex-wife money to buy out my share of the equity in the house we jointly own. I need to get the house valued but I think we’ll have about £60k equity so he’ll be paying my £30k.

Does anyone know how it works in terms of do I have to declare it, pay tax on it or anything? Or is a family member allowed to make a lump sum payment? For example, if a parent was giving a kid £30k for a wedding (some do!) then the recipient presumably doesn’t have to pay any form of tax so is this the same?
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:31 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:43 am
Looking for a bit of advice as I think one or two on here work in finance.

My father-in-law is going to give my impending ex-wife money to buy out my share of the equity in the house we jointly own. I need to get the house valued but I think we’ll have about £60k equity so he’ll be paying my £30k.

Does anyone know how it works in terms of do I have to declare it, pay tax on it or anything? Or is a family member allowed to make a lump sum payment? For example, if a parent was giving a kid £30k for a wedding (some do!) then the recipient presumably doesn’t have to pay any form of tax so is this the same?
If he gives you it, it'll count as a taxable gift.

If he survives seven (I think years) it's tax free. If he does before his estate is allowed 350k tax free. But if she gives it to you, you wont pay tax (she might).

When u are still married there no tax for transfers between spouses
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:44 pm

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/e ... itance-tax
This is a decent guide. Your father in law should declare it I think, otherwise you can't prove the seven year gap
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:04 pm

<yikes> <yikes> <yikes>

Hands down the best hip hop performance I've seen.

The UFO <laugh>

Alfie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Alfie » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:30 am

I didn't pay any tax when my ex bought me out of our house.
And in conclusion, how far had you got through reading this before you realised it was my signature?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:11 pm

Thanks for the advice <ok>

Might have had a last minute reprieve after an intense few weeks when literally everything snowballed. My Mrs says she still wants to try (I did anyway) so starting counselling sessions this weekend, obviously if that doesn’t work we can both go knowing we tried everything. Neither of us were ready to walk away.

Alfie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Alfie » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:41 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:11 pm

Might have had a last minute reprieve after an intense few weeks when literally everything snowballed. My Mrs says she still wants to try (I did anyway) so starting counselling sessions this weekend, obviously if that doesn’t work we can both go knowing we tried everything. Neither of us were ready to walk away.
Best of luck mate, we did the counselling. It's a process that brings up all sorts of problems from the past relationship & they encourage you to discuss what's pissed both of you off. It either works or you find out a bunch of stuff you've done that's pissed her off but she hasn't told you (was a long list with me/her) <laugh>
And in conclusion, how far had you got through reading this before you realised it was my signature?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:17 pm

Alfie wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:41 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:

Best of luck mate, we did the counselling. It's a process that brings up all sorts of problems from the past relationship & they encourage you to discuss what's pissed both of you off. It either works or you find out a bunch of stuff you've done that's pissed her off but she hasn't told you (was a long list with me/her) <laugh>
A mate of mine went through counselling with his wife in 2003.

She showed up with 3 sheets of A4 containing all her gripes. The counsellor gave him a look that suggested "You're f***ed".

The first gripe was that he'd missed taking the bins out once in mid 1989.

Needless to say; they parted ways.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:45 pm

Alfie wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:41 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:

Cheers - we’ve been pretty frank and honest recently about things we’ve both done wrong and need to work on so not expecting too many surprises!

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:56 pm

Anyone know any reliable sports streaming sites? Ever since Soccer Streams on reddit disappeared it's been an absolute ball ache finding them...
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:18 pm

Chappy wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:56 pm
Anyone know any reliable sports streaming sites? Ever since Soccer Streams on reddit disappeared it's been an absolute ball ache finding them...
My go to is firstrowsports which always has a working stream for Prem games - only used it a couple of times for other games but always worked

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:53 pm

I deleted my Facebook account. It feels oddly liberating.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:55 pm

Hjl wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:53 pm
Yep, great isn’t it! You soon realise how pointless it is and that you’re not missing anything.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:29 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:55 pm
Hjl wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:53 pm
Yep, great isn’t it! You soon realise how pointless it is and that you’re not missing anything.
But the bandwagons and pointless outrage <fist>

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:51 pm

Tsi wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:29 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:55 pm

I watched "The Great Hack". Facebook are the worst

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:36 pm

Hjl wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:51 pm
Tsi wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:29 pm

I watched "The Great Hack". Facebook are the worst
Never had a facebook account and had a twtter account for about a week before deleting it.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:21 pm

Well, as Ronan Keating once said 'Life is a roller-coaster'...Mrs BB and I tried to make things work for a few weeks (tried counselling etc.) but she said she loved me more as a friend now (which is what I thought last time when we split for a couple of weeks before she did a u-turn) so after 16 and a bit years (and half my life) that's definitely it.

I'm cracking on with the practicalities like getting house valuations, closing down/moving direct debits etc and looking for somewhere new to live now. Most of it is straighforward, just need to speak to the bank about transferring the mortgage to her etc. as she'll buy me out and transferring title deeds and stuff.