Pavel's eBar

What to do with empty filing cabinet in office?

Keep it, just in case.
11%
Remove it.
No votes
Shoot it.
11%
Fill with booze.
46%
Turn into modern art.
11%
Sell it to Ashley as our new star striker in exchange for a big mug and £5 SD voucher.
22%

Total votes: 37

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by ALF » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:41 pm

PTAO? wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:07 pm
I get Christmas Day off.
This.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:58 pm

Am I alone on here in being the opposite of a petrol head?

A car is just a tool to me and I get no more excited about one than I would a toaster or a hoover.

I've got a Russell Hobbs and Bosch respectively … in case anybody is interested. Oh and a fifteen year old Ford Fiesta. That has only done 18,000 miles because I hardly ever use it.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:02 pm

It’s each to their own. I’ve always just liked having a fun quick car as I enjoy driving.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:07 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:02 pm
It’s each to their own. I’ve always just liked having a fun quick car as I enjoy driving.
No worries, i'm not criticising, I've just never really understood it. But then living on a small island with nowhere really to drive to and a top speed limit of 35mph there isn't really much call for pleasure driving where I am, so I guess that may be part of it. Doesn't stop loads of people here spending shed-loads on fast cars they can barely get out of 2nd gear without breaking the speed limit though, so that can't be the full reason.

Was only asking because I've rarely met any bloke who appears as uninterested in cars as me.

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:22 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:07 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
No worries, i'm not criticising, I've just never really understood it. But then living on a small island with nowhere really to drive to and a top speed limit of 35mph there isn't really much call for pleasure driving where I am, so I guess that may be part of it. Doesn't stop loads of people here spending shed-loads on fast cars they can barely get out of 2nd gear without breaking the speed limit though, so that can't be the full reason.

Was only asking because I've rarely met any bloke who appears as uninterested in cars as me.
I like the idea of a nice car, but I recognise it's an unnecessary expense for me to get anything more than a second hand Ford Focus. I think if I had a longer commute, I may be willing to spend a bit more, but for now I only use it for the occasional long drive/shopping, as I commute by motorbike to get through insane rush hour traffic quicker.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:23 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:

I used to work with a CEO who said the best place to buy a second hand car was Jersey as it's going to be low mileage and never ragged to death.

I've got a s**** Nissan Note as its low insurance, cheap parts and costs very little for road tax. I bought it two years ago and have managed to put an extra 1000 miles on the clock but it's fine for what we use it for which is weekly tip runs and one large shop a month at Tesco.

I do occasionally pine for the days I had an Alfa but then I remember how expensive it was to run.

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:41 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:23 pm
Donkey Toon wrote:

I used to work with a CEO who said the best place to buy a second hand car was Jersey as it's going to be low mileage and never ragged to death.

I've got a s**** Nissan Note as its low insurance, cheap parts and costs very little for road tax. I bought it two years ago and have managed to put an extra 1000 miles on the clock but it's fine for what we use it for which is weekly tip runs and one large shop a month at Tesco.

I do occasionally pine for the days I had an Alfa but then I remember how expensive it was to run.
The same reason I buy my cars in the Outer Hebrides!
Kindly deeds done for free!

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:56 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:23 pm
Donkey Toon wrote:

Yeah Guernsey is similar obviously, even more so in terms of mileage because it is about two thirds the size of Jersey. Like I said, my car is 15 going on 16 years old and only just gone past 18,000 miles.

On the downside though Guernsey/Jersey cars I expect will have unusually high wear and tear in some areas for the low mileage. Gear boxes because you are constantly changing gear because of windy short roads, with plenty of stop/starting and very few roads long enough to get into gear and just cruise. Also tyres and suspension probably takes a greater hit because of constant mounting the pavement (many roads are so narrow there is no option but for one car to mount the pavement in order for cars to pass). And we are so used to it we generally do it without noticeably slowing down.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:47 pm

I love cars and luckily work give me an allowance for one so I buy new every 3 years

Pardew's Legendary Specs
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Post by Pardew's Legendary Specs » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:00 am

:bandit:
<cheers> ............ ......... <cheers>

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:37 pm

PLS wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:00 am
<gent>
Kindly deeds done for free!

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:13 pm

PLS wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:00 am
<love>

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:36 pm

Not sure who on here can watch NBCSN, but they are doing a live show from Miami this weekend, we managed to bag VIP access for the NUFC supporters group here, and apparently have our own dedicated camera to film us <laugh> .

Bit annoyed though, when it was in Austin they got Shearer and SWP to attend. We have Nigel Reo-Coker...

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:39 pm

PTAO? wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:36 pm
Not sure who on here can watch NBCSN, but they are doing a live show from Miami this weekend, we managed to bag VIP access for the NUFC supporters group here, and apparently have our own dedicated camera to film us <laugh> .

Bit annoyed though, when it was in Austin they got Shearer and SWP to attend. We have Nigel Reo-Coker...
Boycott it unless they get Shola.

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:09 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:39 pm
PTAO? wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:36 pm

Its free pancakes...

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:42 pm

PTAO? wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:09 pm
overseasTOON wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:39 pm

Its free pancakes...
Screw Shola.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:05 pm

f***ing hell @ the exit poll.

I’m going to be mostly drinking tonight
I had the first custom w***

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:17 pm

I f***ing hate the Tory party. Cunts.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:20 pm

Not normally like this but cant wait to tell people 'told you so' when theres a recession, Brexit isn't done and people lose jobs.

People will get the Brexit they deserve.

Also reinforces what I've been saying for years, doesnt matter who good Corbyn is at speaking, no matter how 'good' how policies are hes toxic, should have been jettisoned into space at the earliest opportunity. Fringe player.

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:28 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:42 pm
PTAO? wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:09 pm

Its free pancakes...
Screw Shola.
We intend to sing for him at least.