Pavel's eBar

What to do with empty filing cabinet in office?

Keep it, just in case.
11%
Remove it.
No votes
Shoot it.
11%
Fill with booze.
46%
Turn into modern art.
11%
Sell it to Ashley as our new star striker in exchange for a big mug and £5 SD voucher.
22%

Total votes: 37

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by ALF » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:43 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:20 pm
Not normally like this but cant wait to tell people 'told you so' when theres a recession, Brexit isn't done and people lose jobs.

People will get the Brexit they deserve.

Also reinforces what I've been saying for years, doesnt matter who good Corbyn is at speaking, no matter how 'good' how policies are hes toxic, should have been jettisoned into space at the earliest opportunity. Fringe player.
He's an absolute cronut of the highest order. This country is a joke.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:09 am

ALF wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:43 pm
Blue & Maroon wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:20 pm
Not normally like this but cant wait to tell people 'told you so' when theres a recession, Brexit isn't done and people lose jobs.

People will get the Brexit they deserve.

Also reinforces what I've been saying for years, doesnt matter who good Corbyn is at speaking, no matter how 'good' how policies are hes toxic, should have been jettisoned into space at the earliest opportunity. Fringe player.
He's an absolute cronut of the highest order. This country is a joke.
I'd stop short of calling him a cronut but hes definitely a cult. Impossible to sell to the electorate. Couldn't beat a shocking May campaign or come close to a racist, Brexity, nasty nasty Johnson.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:18 am

Time to emigrate.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:37 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:18 am
Time to emigrate.
Do it quickly before the pound crashes. Get some bang for your buck.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:57 am

Sir Bobby wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:37 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:18 am
Time to emigrate.
Do it quickly before the pound crashes. Get some bang for your buck.
You'll have a couple of weeks. Its up because short term uncertainty is down. Long term as implementation of brexit goes askew...
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:41 am

Donkey Toon wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:07 pm
No worries, i'm not criticising, I've just never really understood it. But then living on a small island with nowhere really to drive to and a top speed limit of 35mph there isn't really much call for pleasure driving where I am, so I guess that may be part of it. Doesn't stop loads of people here spending shed-loads on fast cars they can barely get out of 2nd gear without breaking the speed limit though, so that can't be the full reason.

Was only asking because I've rarely met any bloke who appears as uninterested in cars as me.
I have no interest in cars, I don't know anything about them and I don't drive one.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:41 am

Bring back the horse and cart.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:12 pm

All those voters really were desperate for a blue passport.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:59 pm

The likes of Bishop or blyth going blue shows the massive disconnect between these towns and the London left. Brexit vote was to some degree an act of rebellion against the establishment, is voting tory in these areas saying "Labour isn't like us".
Fingers crossed the next Labour leader goes down better in these areas. Lisa nandy?

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:59 pm

skalpel wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:41 am
<laugh>

You should move to one of the islands that is part of Guernsey then. Cars, motorbikes etc are banned on Sark. Everybody gets around on bicycles, horse and cart or under special licence tractor (only issued if you need it for farming or business transportation) ... or they walk. It is my favourite place in the world.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:05 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:59 pm
skalpel wrote:
<laugh>

You should move to one of the islands that is part of Guernsey then. Cars, motorbikes etc are banned on Sark. Everybody gets around on bicycles, horse and cart or under special licence tractor (only issued if you need it for farming or business transportation) ... or they walk. It is my favourite place in the world.
Just imagine, you could drive around in a fiesta and be a god to these people! Not like the cops could stop you, just drive away as they wave angrily at you from their bicycles.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:11 pm

Hjl wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:05 pm
Donkey Toon wrote:

<laugh>

Just imagine, you could drive around in a fiesta and be a god to these people! Not like the cops could stop you, just drive away as they wave angrily at you from their bicycles.
<laugh>

It doesn't even have a full-time cop. There is a part-time special constable ... who is also the gaoler and plumber. He is allowed to drive a tractor though so he may give chase.

The gaol is also the smallest in the world apparently. It truly is a remarkable place. Attached a vid of Martin Clunes visiting on a show about british islands if anybody is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSzLDbUHsWM&t=49s

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:31 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
skalpel wrote:
<laugh>

I remember watching a tv show about Sark, and iirc the prison was a delapidated 3x3 foot cement block that looked like a toilet cubicle in the middle of a field <laugh>. Excellent. It's feudal as well isn't it?
Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
The likes of Bishop or blyth going blue shows the massive disconnect between these towns and the London left. Brexit vote was to some degree an act of rebellion against the establishment, is voting tory in these areas saying "Labour isn't like us".
Fingers crossed the next Labour leader goes down better in these areas. Lisa nandy?
I think you're right yeah. I haven't lived in a "labour heartland" in sixteen years, so my view here comes from the outside, but I think a lot of the sentiment behind 'take back control' has always been actually about Labour tbh. A lot of working class people don't feel like Labour is their party anymore, and that instead it's now a party of middle class graduates promising that they have working class interests covered. A big rethink is needed within Labour, because they've finally been shown unequivocally that they can't take their voting base for granted. Imo a cabinet is needed which is working class with a focus on local communities, families and traditions rather than things seen as London based interests like diversity, inclusivity, etc. which are as far as I can tell almost meaningless abstracts to a lot of people.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:32 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:11 pm
Hjl wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:05 pm

<laugh>

It doesn't even have a full-time cop. There is a part-time special constable ... who is also the gaoler and plumber. He is allowed to drive a tractor though so he may give chase.

The gaol is also the smallest in the world apparently. It truly is a remarkable place. Attached a vid of Martin Clunes visiting on a show about british islands if anybody is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSzLDbUHsWM&t=49s
<laugh> there it is!

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:12 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
skalpel wrote:
<laugh>

Jemima Kelly at the ft (alpha ville is free but you have to register) https://ftalphaville.ft.com/series/Little%20 Islands has done a series on electricity in Sark. Fascinating. Especially how the billionaire alligned newspaper tries to smear her

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:15 pm

Damn our political system, Lib Dems gained over a million votes = 1 less seat.

If Labour ever get the chance surely they have to go for a fully proportional system, would keep the tories out forever.

Aldridge Prior
Dogemanding Traitor
Dogemanding Traitor

Post by Aldridge Prior » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:29 am

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:15 pm

If Labour ever get the chance surely they have to go for a fully proportional system, would keep the tories out forever.
That absolutely has to be the focus of the next election, but I can already see the Tory press framing it as "Labour don't want your vote to count" or similar, which is the exact opposite of the truth.

As long as Facebook allows people to post and share propaganda and lies with impunity, we're f***ed.

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:45 pm

Aldridge Prior wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:29 am
Blue & Maroon wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:15 pm

That absolutely has to be the focus of the next election, but I can already see the Tory press framing it as "Labour don't want your vote to count" or similar, which is the exact opposite of the truth.

As long as Facebook allows people to post and share propaganda and lies with impunity, we're f***ed.
A lot of the people I've seen on Facebook who are the most happy about the Conservatives winning in Blyth are the same people that have a picture of a bulldog/crusader/union flag as their profile picture and share things like "WEATHERSPOONS BANS POPPY'S" [sic] <doh>
Kindly deeds done for free!

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:44 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:45 pm
Aldridge Prior wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:29 am

A lot of the people I've seen on Facebook who are the most happy about the Conservatives winning in Blyth are the same people that have a picture of a bulldog/crusader/union flag as their profile picture and share things like "WEATHERSPOONS BANS POPPY'S" [sic] <doh>
THEY DON'T WANT US TO SAY MERRY CHRISTMAS ANYMORE, SHARE IF YOU STILL SAY IT PROUDLY #NOTOMUSLAMICLAWS

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:25 pm

ALF wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:44 pm
biggeordiedave wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:45 pm

THEY DON'T WANT US TO SAY MERRY CHRISTMAS ANYMORE, SHARE IF YOU STILL SAY IT PROUDLY #NOTOMUSLAMICLAWS
Are we talking about Britain or the USA here?