Pavel's eBar

What to do with empty filing cabinet in office?

Keep it, just in case.
8%
Remove it.
No votes
Shoot it.
11%
Fill with booze.
47%
Turn into modern art.
11%
Sell it to Ashley as our new star striker in exchange for a big mug and £5 SD voucher.
22%

Total votes: 36

Beatski
Punderful
Punderful

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by Beatski » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:31 pm

bought some pork belly slices and have some honey that i'll probably never get through (bought it to make hot toddys), any cooking ideas? Mainly looking at you OT

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:55 pm

Love a decent honey, and a hot toddy!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Beatski
Punderful
Punderful

Post by Beatski » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:31 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:55 pm
Love a decent honey, and a hot toddy!
sorted my cold right out. (made me too drunk to notice, probably <laugh> )

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:52 am

I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:42 am

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:48 pm

Only had one drink in over 3 weeks as on some meds at the moment…maybe it’s not been long enough to feel any benefits but nothing has really changed. I wouldn’t say I feel any better within myself generally, my sleep isn’t any better / worse (I don’t usually sleep particularly well), my mental health feels the same, my weight has stayed the same etc. I wonder how long you’d have to give up drinking for to begin to feel some of the supposed benefits?

I’m not a heavy drinker. Generally I’d have a couple of decent beers on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday night and a double whisky or two…even though it’s only 2 beers a night they are craft ones so generally 7-8% abv in a 440ml can. I half expected to lose a bit of weight or feel some benefit from not drinking but there’s been nothing.

Donkey Toon
Resident Financial Expert
Resident Financial Expert

Post by Donkey Toon » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:52 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:48 pm
Only had one drink in over 3 weeks as on some meds at the moment…maybe it’s not been long enough to feel any benefits but nothing has really changed. I wouldn’t say I feel any better within myself generally, my sleep isn’t any better / worse (I don’t usually sleep particularly well), my mental health feels the same, my weight has stayed the same etc. I wonder how long you’d have to give up drinking for to begin to feel some of the supposed benefits?

I’m not a heavy drinker. Generally I’d have a couple of decent beers on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday night and a double whisky or two…even though it’s only 2 beers a night they are craft ones so generally 7-8% abv in a 440ml can. I half expected to lose a bit of weight or feel some benefit from not drinking but there’s been nothing.
I gave up alcohol for about 18 months when I was in my mid-20's. I'd gotten really out of shape and decided to get fit. And decided it was counter productive to be going to the gym every day, as well as playing numerous sports, and watching what I ate, if I was pouring loads of alcohol down my neck daily, which I had been. Lost loads of weight and liking the new me stayed off the alcohol for quite a while.

But I didn't really notice the lack of alcohol as being a factor in the well being except that it helped with the weight loss. When I noticed the benefit of being off alcohol was when I started drinking again. Especially when I exercised. I immediately noticed how much harder it was to retain peak fitness and performance and would feel sluggish and often ill, where before I had not felt any ill effects. I concluded that alcohol felt like a poison in my system.

I still drink, but only occasionally and never to excess anymore. Enough to enjoy the taste and get a slight buzz but not enough to feel any ill effects, either at the time or the morning after. A couple of home measure spirits being about as much as i'll have in any one sitting.