Pavel's eBar

What to do with empty filing cabinet in office?

Keep it, just in case.
11%
Remove it.
No votes
Shoot it.
11%
Fill with booze.
46%
Turn into modern art.
11%
Sell it to Ashley as our new star striker in exchange for a big mug and £5 SD voucher.
22%

Total votes: 37

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by Hjl » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:55 pm

Qanon. Do you guys get much of that nonsense over there? It's f***ing everywhere here.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:13 pm

Hjl wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:55 pm
Qanon. Do you guys get much of that nonsense over there? It's f***ing everywhere here.
It's been picking up in recent times

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:17 pm

Hjl wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:55 pm
Sadly, yes. I think in the last few years, the number of conspiracy theorists has massively increased on social media. Electing a **** crazy tinfoil hatter as the President of the US has probably had some sort of impact on that.
Kindly deeds done for free!

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:29 pm

My dad has fallen down the conspiracy rabbit role in recent years; flat earth, plandemic, Bill Gates, the new world order, the fake news mainstream media etc.

However, he did day Qanon was a stretch too far for him, so it’s reassuring for me know that he’s not completely mental.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:52 pm

jpg wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:29 pm
My dad has fallen down the conspiracy rabbit role in recent years; flat earth, plandemic, Bill Gates, the new world order, the fake news mainstream media etc.

However, he did day Qanon was a stretch too far for him, so it’s reassuring for me know that he’s not completely mental.
<erk>

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:41 pm

jpg wrote:

Flat earth?!

Poor old guy, he's reached his end. Time to put him in a home.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:32 pm

Hjl wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:41 pm
jpg wrote:

Flat earth?!

Care homes are expensive, walk into the woods, shovel across the back of the head, job done.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:45 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:32 pm
Hjl wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:41 pm

Flat earth?!

Care homes are expensive, walk into the woods, shovel across the back of the head, job done.
Make sure to get him to dig the hole as the ground can be a bit hard this time of year.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:11 pm

<laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

KingoStarr
First Night Blues
First Night Blues

Post by KingoStarr » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:06 pm

Hope everyone is doing well! Been lurking a bit recently, re-read some of the goldmine stuff, when I re-read the time QWOP broke his laptop with Tuna Juice/Oil I was in hysterics <laugh>
The <erk>'sburg dynasty is over 3 seasons, 3 division 1 titles.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:16 am

KingoStarr wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:06 pm
Hope everyone is doing well! Been lurking a bit recently, re-read some of the goldmine stuff, when I re-read the time QWOP broke his laptop with Tuna Juice/Oil I was in hysterics <laugh>
<awe> Kingo <love>

Hope all is good with you and yeah those goldmine threads are well worth another look.
Shame there's not many threads like those these days <cry>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:31 am

Going to decorate the Christmas tree tomorrow afternoon so I've kicked off a load of baking. Making a few batches of Lebkuchen, a small batch of mince pies - stuffed with dried cranberries, cherries and blueberries soaked in Amaretto, almonds, chocolate and Madeira cake and then topped with an Italian meringue.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:08 am

KingoStarr wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:06 pm
Kingo! <parrot>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:30 pm

After almost 12 years with the same employer (numerous name changes), from Monday I'll be working for a brand new corporate owner. Spent a fair whie transitioning towards this change so it can take effect and to be honest; when my company sold the product - I was basically included as part of the inventory with the sole option of agree or lose your job.

Still not even 50% sure of how i'll fit in with the new structure as so much has been hidden. I built this product from scratch using SQL, Excell and Viseo. From a simple strawman to the full product ive been behind the push to make it viable, to production and then constant improvements.

From Monday. f*** knows what will happen or where this will lead.

No choice. No vision.

Gave me a nice new laptop though?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:12 pm

Same pay? If you’re the one with more knowledge of it than anybody else then you’re still in a good position.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:33 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:12 pm
Same pay? If you’re the one with more knowledge of it than anybody else then you’re still in a good position.
Same pay, keeping all my duration with one company so not losing holidays. Have to move to a different pension scheme etc.

I just feel as if ive been kept in the dark during the whole process and when i ask about the future; its only half answered. Literally on Monday i have a url to click and that should set me up with my entire remit on thier system?

Nothing has really been communicted to anyone making the move across.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:50 pm

My work just did it's annual town hall. Their plan is to have us all work remote for 2021 and will consider having us back in the office by 2022.

Yay?.... <scratch>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:56 pm

Hjl wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:50 pm
My work just did it's annual town hall. Their plan is to have us all work remote for 2021 and will consider having us back in the office by 2022.

Yay?.... <scratch>
Sounds good to be me. A lot of businesses don’t need physical premises to operate effectively and could save a fortune by downsizing premises and keeping more remote working in place.

I’m just as effective working from home, it saves me £85 a month on the cost of my commute and I’m far fresher with a better work-life balance as I’m not spending 10-15 hours a week needlessly commuting.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:03 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:56 pm
Hjl wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:50 pm

Yay?.... <scratch>
Sounds good to be me. A lot of businesses don’t need physical premises to operate effectively and could save a fortune by downsizing premises and keeping more remote working in place.

I’m just as effective working from home, it saves me £85 a month on the cost of my commute and I’m far fresher with a better work-life balance as I’m not spending 10-15 hours a week needlessly commuting.
That's all true, I tend to work constantly when I'm from home. The line separating work and home blurs until there isn't one. Even Xmas feels less festive this year. Maybe that's covid fatigue?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:07 pm

Hjl wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:03 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:56 pm

That's all true, I tend to work constantly when I'm from home. The line separating work and home blurs until there isn't one. Even Xmas feels less festive this year. Maybe that's covid fatigue?
I’d agree with that too. Though I find it works both ways. I’m not tied down to Mon - Fri 9-5 now. Yesterday was a quiet day so I wrapped up at 2pm and went to the gym. But then on Wednesday night I worked until 7pm so it balances out.

I’m off for 2 weeks at Christmas but will still have to login every couple of days. I manage medical trials and sadly they don’t stop for Xmas so I’ll need to keep an eye on any urgent things that come in but hopefully not too much.