Pavel's eBar

What to do with empty filing cabinet in office?

Keep it, just in case.
11%
Remove it.
No votes
Shoot it.
11%
Fill with booze.
46%
Turn into modern art.
11%
Sell it to Ashley as our new star striker in exchange for a big mug and £5 SD voucher.
22%

Total votes: 37

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:52 am

Mrs OT says we're getting a Citroen Ami and I'm not really sure what to think about that.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:12 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:52 am
Mrs OT says we're getting a Citroen Ami and I'm not really sure what to think about that.
Ask her - I'm sure she can tell you <laugh>
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:40 pm

The car equivalent of human castration <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:58 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:40 pm
I've looked at the car measurements and was shocked to work out that my BBQ cover is big enough to cover it.

It's going to be parked on my driveway and all the neighbours have Mercs, BMWs and Jags.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:22 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:58 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:40 pm
I've looked at the car measurements and was shocked to work out that my BBQ cover is big enough to cover it.

It's going to be parked on my driveway and all the neighbours have Mercs, BMWs and Jags.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:58 pm

Chappy wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:22 am
overseasTOON wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:58 am

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:42 am

Beatski wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:58 pm
Chappy wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:22 am

<laugh>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:58 pm

I've started to write a trilogy after about 7 years of research and building out a timeline of historical events, politics, society etc which has been a mammoth task.

Starts with a character who fights in the Spanish Civil War as part of the International Brigades, gets injured and works/lives in Bordeaux and leaves on the infamous last boat when WW2 breaks out.

Next book is his introduction to the SOE and working as an operative with the French Resistance until the end of the war.

Book three is based on real events where France had signed a treaty with the Soviet Union. The Soviets would come to the aid of France if attacked from Germany again.
Didn't take into account who could have invaded from Germany so when the Yanks were very concerned that France may elect a Communist leaning government; they'd send the tanks in from Germany to stop it.

WW3 would have kicked off in the early 1950s.

7 years of reading, notes, building a timeline, rebuilding the timeline, drinking to excess, reading more and pulling my hair out, more heavy drinking and more research.

Loved every minute of it so far!!

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:34 pm

Whatever floats your boat OT! Enjoy!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:40 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:58 pm
I've started to write a trilogy after about 7 years of research and building out a timeline of historical events, politics, society etc which has been a mammoth task.

Starts with a character who fights in the Spanish Civil War as part of the International Brigades, gets injured and works/lives in Bordeaux and leaves on the infamous last boat when WW2 breaks out.

Next book is his introduction to the SOE and working as an operative with the French Resistance until the end of the war.

Book three is based on real events where France had signed a treaty with the Soviet Union. The Soviets would come to the aid of France if attacked from Germany again.
Didn't take into account who could have invaded from Germany so when the Yanks were very concerned that France may elect a Communist leaning government; they'd send the tanks in from Germany to stop it.

7 years of reading, notes, building a timeline, rebuilding the timeline, drinking to excess, reading more and pulling my hair out, more heavy drinking and more research.

Chat GPT it mate 😜

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:48 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:40 am
overseasTOON wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:58 pm

Chat GPT it mate 😜
Might give it a shot when I get writer's block to give me a kick up the arse.

jimileysbaldhead
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by jimileysbaldhead » Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:48 pm

Whoop, whoop I've managed to sort my old username and password out.
My problem is reconciling my gross behaviour with my net income.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:16 pm

jimileysbaldhead wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:48 pm
Whoop, whoop I've managed to sort my old username and password out.
<diva>

And you're on 1234 posts <awe>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:12 pm

I haven't seen Napoleon yet.

I'll be honest, I'm a history snob/buff and can't wait to see it but I know that part of me will be frothing at the mouth at the timeline and missed bits.

I still can't forgive that the epic of Troy was essentially treated as bank holiday jolly before they "f***ed off" and left a horse.

Dunkirk destroyed me, Midway made me mental. Pearl Harbour was a chick flick with bombs.Alexander the Great made me gnash my teeth to the gums. Fury left me furious.

I'm doomed to detest but still looking forward to it as visually with a Ridley Scott film; it'll be stunning but yeah "I wasn't there" so I'll just have to live with it.

I think my wife may make we watch it alone

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:06 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:12 pm

I'll be honest, I'm a history snob/buff and can't wait to see it but I know that part of me will be frothing at the mouth at the timeline and missed bits.

I still can't forgive that the epic of Troy was essentially treated as bank holiday jolly before they "f***ed off" and left a horse.

Dunkirk destroyed me, Midway made me mental. Pearl Harbour was a chick flick with bombs.Alexander the Great made me gnash my teeth to the gums. Fury left me furious.

I'm doomed to detest but still looking forward to it as visually with a Ridley Scott film; it'll be stunning but yeah "I wasn't there" so I'll just have to live with it.

Are you not entertained, OT?! ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:20 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:06 pm
overseasTOON wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:12 pm

Don't get me wrong. I will be entertained but I'll also be f***ing livid and fuming <laugh>

jimileysbaldhead
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by jimileysbaldhead » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:23 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:20 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:06 pm

Don't get me wrong. I will be entertained but I'll also be f***ing livid and fuming <laugh>
If I pray be so bold may I suggest you have a proper film fest by watching Napoleon, Troy, Midway, Pearl Harbour, Dunkirk, Fury and Alexander the Great one after the other. Then you can really vent your spleen OT with gay abandon.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:04 pm

The Northern Lights will supposedly be visible from Newcastle tonight...

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:18 pm

On an Xmas jolly at the companies expense. Got up here last night and met up with colleagues about 9pm. Drank until 1am and woke up at 6am a bit tired but not too hungover.

Went into the office and was given a glass of champagne at 9am, had a meeting that involved a beer at 10am. Been in the pub since 12 and now feel shattered.

Lunch drinking used to kill me but this morning drinking malarkey is something else entirely.

I just want to go for a really good nap rather than crack on.

Damn this getting old stuff!

jimileysbaldhead
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by jimileysbaldhead » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:18 pm

I've decided to form a choir this Christmas, anyone is welcome to join. So far there's Dean, Don, Mary, Lee and I.