Pavel's eBar

What to do with empty filing cabinet in office?

Keep it, just in case.
11%
Remove it.
No votes
Shoot it.
11%
Fill with booze.
46%
Turn into modern art.
11%
Sell it to Ashley as our new star striker in exchange for a big mug and £5 SD voucher.
22%

Total votes: 37

Lidl
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by Lidl » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:34 am

Southern fairy wrote:Anything or anywhere in Oxford. I'm sure a couple people here live there. Meant to be going next weekend to potter about so I wondered if there was anything around that's decent aside from all the uni buildings
Used to go to Uni there (Brookes). If you're still there go to the Pitt Rivers Museum - there's loads of weird s*** there, shrunken heads etc. Pub's wise my favourite was always the Wheatsheaf just off High Street quite near to the cross roads where Carfax Tower is, it's kind of a punk/biker bar. If you'd rather somewhere a bit nicer then The Crown off Cornmarket Street is pretty decent or Head Of The River down St Aldates but that's a bit expensive. You can't really go far wrong with most of the pubs in the city centre (or anywhere in Oxford really as far as I'm concerned!)

Would recommend a bit of a stroll down Cowley Road and trying some of the pubs down there too. The Library used to be my favourite down there or there's one in the back lanes off Cowley Road called The Rusty Bicycle which was just around the corner from where I used to live. If you've got time then a trip to the Ultimate Picture Palace off Cowley Road is worth it as well, somewhat uncomfortable seats but you can get a couple of beers or ciders in from the bar at the back.

If you want a decent view of the spires I'd say head to South Park on Headington Hill.
If This Is How You Folks Make Art, Well That's f***ing Depressing

Get It On My Back You Slag!

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:24 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Hjl wrote:Just spent the entire afternoon changing the breaks pads and rotors out on my wife's car, they were metal stubs where my wife had driven them down to nothing. I changed the break fluid as well but the break peddle feels weird, like it has 3inches of playnbeforebthe breaks engage. I'm thinking maybe there is some air I missed in the lines or maybe the master cylinder has a problem.

Stupid car
Brakes.
What an idiot I am! All this time I was fixing the wrong part

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:34 pm

Don't really use it anymore but what the hell has happened to Facebook?

It's turned into a complete dump of shitty and repetitive memes and videos.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:37 pm

Juliet Papa Golf wrote:Don't really use it anymore but what the hell has happened to Facebook?

Its always been like that, f***ing toilet

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:22 am

Juliet Papa Golf wrote:Don't really use it anymore but what the hell has happened to Facebook?

I think I've got most of my "friends" on ignore to be honest. If I culled my list and left it as only people I ever talk to in real life, there'd be about 30 people on it.
Kindly deeds done for free!

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:04 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:

I think I've got most of my "friends" on ignore to be honest. If I culled my list and left it as only people I ever talk to in real life, there'd be about 30 people on it.
All i do on facebook these days is lurk and see what others have posted

I have culled the people who i no longer talk to or talk/post s*** all day and only have around 60 odd friends left (i'm pretty sure i can cull more though <laugh>). But it really does improve your feed!

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:10 pm

I still only go on there once a week now, it's great.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:45 pm

Going to pick up a kilt that I'm hiring after work tomorrow for a wedding on Saturday.

To wear underwear or not to wear underwear <scratch>

I've worn a kilt a couple of times but not since I was about 10...given that the only people I'll know at this wedding are my wife and the guy getting married I may opt to wear boxers...
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:58 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:Going to pick up a kilt that I'm hiring after work tomorrow for a wedding on Saturday.

I've worn a kilt a couple of times but not since I was about 10...given that the only people I'll know at this wedding are my wife and the guy getting married I may opt to wear boxers...
Go free.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:04 pm

Don't even bother with the kilt, just show up in brogues, long white socks and a sporran.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:09 pm

<laugh>

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:04 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:Going to pick up a kilt that I'm hiring after work tomorrow for a wedding on Saturday.

A thong.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:54 pm

Found out today my brother quit his job, bought a farmhouse in Wales and has become an alpaca farmer slash wooden furniture designer/restorer.

He's always said he hated Wales.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:38 pm

overseasTOON wrote:Found out today my brother quit his job, bought a farmhouse in Wales and has become an alpaca farmer slash wooden furniture designer/restorer.

Mid-life crisis?

That might explain the Wales bit. The rest sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:36 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
overseasTOON wrote:Found out today my brother quit his job, bought a farmhouse in Wales and has become an alpaca farmer slash wooden furniture designer/restorer.

Mid-life crisis?

Not sure. I thought he had his mid-life crisis a few years back when he bought a sports car that spent more time with a mechanic than with himself.

Preston327
Tindall's Hoody

Post by Preston327 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:37 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Donkey Toon wrote:
Mid-life crisis?

Not sure. I thought he had his mid-life crisis a few years back when he bought a sports car that spent more time with a mechanic than with himself.
My dad did a version of this a few years back, the "sports car" in question was a used Pontiac Solstice he overpaid for that lasted about a year til he got into a fender bender and the plastic fender literally shattered. Cheap piece of s**** that thing was.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:04 am

I never really understood why middle aged men buying a sports car is seen as a midlife crisis. For most it'll be the first time that they've had the opportunity in terms of finances to buy one. I'm sure lots of people would love a Porsche, Ferrari or whatever but most couldn't afford to buy one until later in life (or ever!).

I've done office work for over a decade now and I sure as hell hope I'm not doing it until I retire! Would love to have the money to buy a small place in the countryside and do something like that <awe>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:16 pm

Southern fairy

Post by Southern fairy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:59 am

Looks class that
Joe Kinnear: "I think they've got some magnificent midfield players; Tiote, Ben Afri, Yohan Kebab, Sissoko are very solid."

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:05 pm

Very excited to finally see Weezer tomorrow night after a 20 year wait! Got tickets for Wembley Arena in the mosh pit so it's sods law that I stood on some broken glass on Wednesday morning and then managed to sprain my ACL when I reacted to standing on the glass.

I've got the knee taped and strapped and slathered in Voltarol so I can go.