Pavel's eBar

What to do with empty filing cabinet in office?

Keep it, just in case.
11%
Remove it.
No votes
Shoot it.
11%
Fill with booze.
46%
Turn into modern art.
11%
Sell it to Ashley as our new star striker in exchange for a big mug and £5 SD voucher.
22%

Total votes: 37

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by overseasTOON » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:45 pm

Leben Das Ernste Leben wrote:Anyone got any decent ideas for stuff to cook on a George Foreman grill? Got one off Amazon for £15 mostly because it was so cheap and now have no idea what to cook on it.
George Foreman

Seagull
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Seagull » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:04 pm

Grilled halloumi is unbeatable.

Stick it in a wrap with salad and a bit of mint or chilli sauce, then toast the wrap for a bit.
"He's on the computer in his underwear wasting time in some chitchat room, going back & forth with some other fuckin' jerkoff"

Tony Soprano

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:21 am

Leonid Brezhnev wrote:Grilled halloumi is unbeatable.

Stick it in a wrap with salad and a bit of mint or chilli sauce, then toast the wrap for a bit.
With you there. Halloumi is the dogs bollocks!
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:50 am

Chappy wrote:
Leonid Brezhnev wrote:Grilled halloumi is unbeatable.

So thats why its chewy <scratch>

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:23 am

Micky Quim wrote:
Chappy wrote:
So thats why its chewy <scratch>
<laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

.....and salty

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:25 pm

Made a bit of a schoolboy error today. I go to the gym before work every day, did my workout this morning, got into the changing room and realise that I'd forgotten to pack my work trousers <neg>

So today I'm sat at my desk with my shirt and jumper on the top half, and gym trousers and trainers on my bottom half, taking smart-casual to the extreme <laugh>

Of course none of my colleagues have been taking the piss <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:18 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:Made a bit of a schoolboy error today. I go to the gym before work every day, did my workout this morning, got into the changing room and realise that I'd forgotten to pack my work trousers <neg>

So today I'm sat at my desk with my shirt and jumper on the top half, and gym trousers and trainers on my bottom half, taking smart-casual to the extreme <laugh>

Have you managed to remain seated for the whole day?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:21 pm

Chappy wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:Made a bit of a schoolboy error today. I go to the gym before work every day, did my workout this morning, got into the changing room and realise that I'd forgotten to pack my work trousers <neg>

Luckily I haven't got any meetings today so managed to remain at my desk most of the time....however we have a visitor from Italy working with us this week who arrived this morning and I had to explain to him that this isn't how I'd usually dress for work <laugh>

He saw the funny side.

Although tbh, it is rather comfortable wearing gym trousers rather than smart trousers <awe>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:26 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Chappy wrote:
Luckily I haven't got any meetings today so managed to remain at my desk most of the time....however we have a visitor from Italy working with us this week who arrived this morning and I had to explain to him that this isn't how I'd usually dress for work <laugh>

He saw the funny side.

Although tbh, it is rather comfortable wearing gym trousers rather than smart trousers <awe>
I'm still waiting to hear back from HR if I can wear my kilt on dress down Fridays.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:29 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:

He saw the funny side.

I'm still waiting to hear back from HR if I can wear my kilt on dress down Fridays.
Case for discrimination if they say no <dotheameobi>

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:53 pm

Look at me etc.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:30 am

ALF wrote:

Look at me etc.
I also only pay £30 a year for my membership, including classes <gent>

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:27 am

Anyone else ever been flat out refused for an interview you are easily qualified for and have evidenced that you are on the application?

Been getting bored at my current job and wanted a change, i work as an event and fundraising co-coordinator for a major charity, anyways i spotted an exact same role for a local charity in my area its only a small one but it was working for something I'm more passionate about which is working with disabled children.

Anyways i went through the job role they posted up and everything they were looking for i have had vast and successful experience with, yet i didn't even get so much as a courtesy reply, normally I'm fine with it, but this is something ive really felt hard done by, and i dont know if its my current annoyance fueling this feeling but I'm starting to think its possible gender discrimination.

I dug deeper into the organization and found out the offices where i applied to is all female workers, all but 1 of the 8 trustees/directors are also female, all the volunteers working for the local branch are all female. another thing that bugged me is the role wanted someone who can boost social media presence and has professional experience of marketing on social media (which i have done and also evidenced on the application) yet there social media sites were shockingly run and pretty barren.

Overall the application wasn't the most complicated, in fact it was pretty simplistic so I'm 100% i didn't fall into a pitfall that red flagged the application.

maybe i'm just bitter/ disappointed but i'm definitely currently feeling like ive been at a disadvantage because im a male applying to a practically all female organisation.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:58 am

Don Sholeone wrote:Anyone else ever been flat out refused for an interview you are easily qualified for and have evidenced that you are on the application?

Been getting bored at my current job and wanted a change, i work as an event and fundraising co-coordinator for a major charity, anyways i spotted an exact same role for a local charity in my area its only a small one but it was working for something I'm more passionate about which is working with disabled children.

Anyways i went through the job role they posted up and everything they were looking for i have had vast and successful experience with, yet i didn't even get so much as a courtesy reply, normally I'm fine with it, but this is something ive really felt hard done by, and i dont know if its my current annoyance fueling this feeling but I'm starting to think its possible gender discrimination.

I dug deeper into the organization and found out the offices where i applied to is all female workers, all but 1 of the 8 trustees/directors are also female, all the volunteers working for the local branch are all female. another thing that bugged me is the role wanted someone who can boost social media presence and has professional experience of marketing on social media (which i have done and also evidenced on the application) yet there social media sites were shockingly run and pretty barren.

Overall the application wasn't the most complicated, in fact it was pretty simplistic so I'm 100% i didn't fall into a pitfall that red flagged the application.

maybe i'm just bitter/ disappointed but i'm definitely currently feeling like ive been at a disadvantage because im a male applying to a practically all female organisation.
I once applied for a government position after reading the remit and establishing that I matched over 90% of all the criteria and was sent a letter back offering me an interview but they’d wildly inaccurately spelt my surname as “Patel”. When I phoned to inform them of this, I received a letter two days letter rescinding the invitation for interview.

Seems they were trying to make themselves more ethnically diverse.

I’ve had worse though.

I had to travel very last minute on the train and stay overnight in a hotel for an interview and the total cost was nigh on £300.

I went to the interview first thing in the morning and chatted with them about the role for about two hours, shook hands, everyone seemed pleased; they inferred that I was certainly getting a second interview and I happily headed back home.

The recruitment agency and I never heard from the company again.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:14 am

It certainly sounds like you should have gotten an interview Don. Annoying as it is, I don't know what obligation they have to inform you why you didn't get shortlisted as lots of places won't give feedback unless you get to the interview stage. Could always put in a Freedom of Information Request to them maybe?

In theory, if you've provided evidence against everything they put in their person specification then you should be selected for the next stage of the selection process.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:23 pm

Do I go contracting again or not <scratch>

A very good chance of a 12 month contract based in Brighton or stay where I am and complete the product I've designed and nurtured and fought numerous board room battles for the last 3 years and is still about 5/6 months away from completion and would be the biggest and greatest product I've mananaged ever...

PFT
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PFT » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:32 am

Don Sholeone wrote:Anyone else ever been flat out refused for an interview you are easily qualified for and have evidenced that you are on the application?

There's surely easier ways to get your end away than working in an all female charity?
formerly known as Bigi Bigi Bigi Can't You See & IMTE

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:59 pm

if he wants to get his end away, maybe his only hope is charity <roll>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:06 pm

Perch's First Touch wrote:

There's surely easier ways to get your end away than working in an all female charity?
They probably have days out getting vajazzled and it'd just be awkward.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:08 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Perch's First Touch wrote:
They probably have days out getting vajazzled and it'd just be awkward.
He'd just have to tuck it between his legs and pretend.