Pavel's eBar

What to do with empty filing cabinet in office?

Keep it, just in case.
11%
Remove it.
No votes
Shoot it.
11%
Fill with booze.
46%
Turn into modern art.
11%
Sell it to Ashley as our new star striker in exchange for a big mug and £5 SD voucher.
22%

Total votes: 37

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:17 pm

So, my Dad was born in Northern Ireland so was telling my sister that I'm going to apply for an Irish passport as it'll have its benefits post-Brexit and that she could do it too. Her friend was there also, and they both said "what's the point in that, Ireland have to leave the EU with us, they don't have a choice". I said no, that's Northern Ireland, you do realise that Northern Ireland and the Republic or Ireland are different countries and that the Republic isn't part of the UK...neither had a clue <laugh>

They're both 35 <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:46 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:17 pm
So, my Dad was born in Northern Ireland so was telling my sister that I'm going to apply for an Irish passport as it'll have its benefits post-Brexit and that she could do it too. Her friend was there also, and they both said "what's the point in that, Ireland have to leave the EU with us, they don't have a choice". I said no, that's Northern Ireland, you do realise that Northern Ireland and the Republic or Ireland are different countries and that the Republic isn't part of the UK...neither had a clue <laugh>

They're both 35 <laugh>

On holiday in the US once got chatting to a family (grandparents, their kids and grand-kids, the later in late-teens or early 20's) who were from New Jersey. Told them I was from Channel Islands and had been to the Jersey their state was named after many times. They looked at me like I was talking Greek. Not one of them had any concept of the existence of Jersey or the self-evident significance that the "New" part of the State's name implied. It took me a while to be convinced that they were serious and not taking the piss, but they genuinely didn't have a clue. <laugh>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:54 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:46 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:

They're both 35 <laugh>

On holiday in the US once got chatting to a family (grandparents, their kids and grand-kids, the later in late-teens or early 20's) who were from New Jersey. Told them I was from Channel Islands and had been to the Jersey their state was named after many times. They looked at me like I was talking Greek. Not one of them had any concept of the existence of Jersey or the self-evident significance that the "New" part of the State's name implied. It took me a while to be convinced that they were serious and not taking the piss, but they genuinely didn't have a clue. <laugh>
I mean you could forgive most Americans for not knowing about Jersey, but you'd think that people from New Jersey might have once in their life at least heard of it <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:03 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:54 pm
Donkey Toon wrote:

I mean you could forgive most Americans for not knowing about Jersey, but you'd think that people from New Jersey might have once in their life at least heard of it <laugh>

Exactly.

One of them had heard of the Jersey cow and admitted to having concluded that the State's name was derived from the new breed of cow that had been bred there. Gobsmacked does not begin to describe my reaction.

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:33 pm

Fancied some gin yesterday so picked up a bottle of Bombay Sapphire. Only $35 which I thought wasn't bad for 1.75L.
Got home and realised it's 47%! Lethal!

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:53 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:54 pm
Donkey Toon wrote:

I lived in New Jersey for about 6 years and this is the first I've heard of this tenuous relationship.

We all know that is was named after what Della was forced to wear.

Her New Jersey.

Aldridge Prior
Dogemanding Traitor
Dogemanding Traitor

Post by Aldridge Prior » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:50 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:

They're both 35 <laugh>

I've had a similar reaction when trying to tell a group of lasses from Kentucky (one was called Misty, imagine the sort. Rich hicks basically) about where I'm from, Washington, and that George's ancestors lived at the Old Hall. Our little town is integral to their history.

Their faces were completely blank. Like big pink smarties.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:11 pm

I live in texas now and my sister in law seemed astounded that we don't celebrate thanksgiving in the uk.......

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:43 am

It says something when we don't have a match thread going before match day - everybody is sick to the back-teeth obviously

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:59 pm

Is anybody watching the new Louis Theroux? Suuuuper weird
I had the first custom w***

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:09 pm

Speedo wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:59 pm
Yeah love Louis Theroux! Half the people seemed happy with the setup and half seemed pretty sad.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:11 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:09 pm
Speedo wrote:
Yeah love Louis Theroux! Half the people seemed happy with the setup and half seemed pretty sad.
I mean the power dynamics are super messed up. It basically seems like it's a free pass to hurt people you care about and then blame them for it...

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:37 pm

Speedo wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:11 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:

I mean the power dynamics are super messed up. It basically seems like it's a free pass to hurt people you care about and then blame them for it...
Yeah I felt sorry for that bloke at the end who was saying he'd consider a threesome with his wife and her other bloke and she was basically like "f*** no".

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:44 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:37 pm
Speedo wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:11 pm

Yeah I felt sorry for that bloke at the end who was saying he'd consider a threesome with his wife and her other bloke and she was basically like "f*** no".
Yeah poor Jerry. He seemed to have the worst deal of everyone in the whole show.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:16 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Speedo wrote:
Same, his stuff is awesome. And tbh this was probably the hardest to watch of all his stuff (yes, including that live radio rap battle he did back in the 90s) because it was so god damn depressing, but also one of his best because of it. Jerry's wife was disturbingly predatory, and that poisonous look in her eyes when Theroux starts getting through to the bone near the end was pure NPD. And that's what struck me the most about these people tbh, even the happier ones, it was all I Me Mine even when they said "we".

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:33 am

Applying for an Irish passport (my Dad was born in Northern Ireland so I'm automatically an Irish Citizen already even though I've never been there), should make holidaying around Europe easier post-Brexit.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:45 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:33 am
Applying for an Irish passport (my Dad was born in Northern Ireland so I'm automatically an Irish Citizen already even though I've never been there), should make holidaying around Europe easier post-Brexit.
<ohnoes> <ohnoes> <ohnoes>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:06 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:45 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:33 am
<ohnoes> <ohnoes> <ohnoes>
Typical Irish, on the official form there's a box to tick if you want to pay by cheque, but on the checklist at the end of the application it says that they only accept payment by credit/debit card...

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:52 am

The club have just brought us a new perv emoji, poor Murphy

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:34 pm

<laugh>