Pavel's eBar

What to do with empty filing cabinet in office?

Keep it, just in case.
11%
Remove it.
No votes
Shoot it.
11%
Fill with booze.
46%
Turn into modern art.
11%
Sell it to Ashley as our new star striker in exchange for a big mug and £5 SD voucher.
22%

Total votes: 37

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by biggeordiedave » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:39 am

ALF wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:30 pm
Back at work from today <diva>
<diverk>
Kindly deeds done for free!

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:33 am

Lazy bastard, some of us have been working right through all of this <roll>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:10 am

ALF wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:30 pm
Back at work from today <diva>
I've been told they'll review when I can get off furlough by the end of this month.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:42 pm

Furlough was great for a week and for the odd day it's been decent but I'm glad to be working again. I'm actually on less money now than when I was on furlough as I've gone back on slightly reduced hours but I really don't mind. Not working just completely killed my motivation.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:58 pm

Love winning an argument with a Vegan. Got into a conversation about meat as my uncle works for a butchers and how black pudding was a superfood. They were like “I’ve never heard so much rubbish” and I was like it’s not me saying it, it is actually a superfood so went on to explain how much iron is in it (they were like how can it be a superfood, it’s blood...).

Then they started saying why don’t you just eat dark green vegetables for iron. A quick google shows that per 100g or broccoli there’s about 0.7mg iron, per 100g of black pudding there’s about 6.4mg of iron...so f*** off vegan <laugh>

I don’t actually have anything against anyone who wants to be vegan, and I’m pescatarian a lot of the time, but it pissed me off the ones who think they’re above everyone else and know it all.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:52 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:58 pm
Love winning an argument with a Vegan. Got into a conversation about meat as my uncle works for a butchers and how black pudding was a superfood. They were like “I’ve never heard so much rubbish” and I was like it’s not me saying it, it is actually a superfood so went on to explain how much iron is in it (they were like how can it be a superfood, it’s blood...).

Then they started saying why don’t you just eat dark green vegetables for iron. A quick google shows that per 100g or broccoli there’s about 0.7mg iron, per 100g of black pudding there’s about 6.4mg of iron...so f*** off vegan <laugh>

I don’t actually have anything against anyone who wants to be vegan, and I’m pescatarian a lot of the time, but it pissed me off the ones who think they’re above everyone else and know it all.
I should eat more black pudding then... in a bun with Lorne sausage and brown sauce!

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:13 am

biggeordiedave wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:52 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:58 pm

Then they started saying why don’t you just eat dark green vegetables for iron. A quick google shows that per 100g or broccoli there’s about 0.7mg iron, per 100g of black pudding there’s about 6.4mg of iron...so **** off vegan <laugh>

I should eat more black pudding then... in a bun with Lorne sausage and brown sauce!
Bloody love Lorne sausage! My uncle is sending me some, pretty hard to find it in the Midlands.

Oh and apparently we shouldn't have dairy because it gives us cancer too...

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:46 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:13 am
biggeordiedave wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:52 am

Bloody love Lorne sausage! My uncle is sending me some, pretty hard to find it in the Midlands.

The route we used to take up to the in-law's took us past the Green Welly at Tyndrum which does amazing breakfast rolls. I'm pretty sure we can't get Lorne sausage here but I make sure to eat plenty of it when I'm in Scotland <laugh>.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:03 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:46 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:13 am

The route we used to take up to the in-law's took us past the Green Welly at Tyndrum which does amazing breakfast rolls. I'm pretty sure we can't get Lorne sausage here but I make sure to eat plenty of it when I'm in Scotland <laugh>.
Order yourself a breakfast box for £9.99 + delivery.

https://smithsdirect.co.uk/breakfast-pack

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:07 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:03 pm
biggeordiedave wrote:

That's decent for a tenner <notbad>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:14 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:07 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:

That's decent for a tenner <notbad>
It's good stuff as well, I've had that and the protein box before. Delivery is about £6 I think but if you get a few bits then definitely makes it decent value.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:58 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
biggeordiedave wrote:

Nae tattie scone :(
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:19 pm

Stamp duty holiday: no duty paid up to £500k. My partner and I are looking to move and this should hopefully save us about £6k. <diva>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:11 pm

Nice!

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:21 pm

jpg wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:19 pm
Stamp duty holiday: no duty paid up to £500k. My partner and I are looking to move and this should hopefully save us about £6k. <diva>
I'm not normally a tory voter but it has to be said that Rishi Sunak has done a brilliant job with his handling of the coronavirus. The economic support packages he initially put in place and his announcements today have by far exceeded my expectations.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:25 pm

I can't tell if the person who came up with 'Eat Out to Help Out' is stupid or brilliant.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:26 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:25 pm
I can't tell if the person who came up with 'Eat Out to Help Out' is stupid or brilliant.
Probably like those intentionally bad memes they put out, draw more attention to it for further spread

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:18 am

The 15 years old Audi A3 I was driving isn't worth the cost of repair (drive shaft issue out of transfer box to the rear and a few other gremlins) so flogged that an ordered a Golf R <diva>

...like most other people i'll be living in sin on car finance for the next 48 months <laugh>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:21 am

It's been so long since MiniOT left the house, she forgot which direction the centre of town is.

I saw her stand out the front of the house and had to bring up Google Maps <laugh>

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:36 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:18 am
The 15 years old Audi A3 I was driving isn't worth the cost of repair (drive shaft issue out of transfer box to the rear and a few other gremlins) so flogged that an ordered a Golf R <diva>

...like most other people i'll be living in sin on car finance for the next 48 months <laugh>
Cars are f***ing s***. I've had to shell out several hundred this year on my 57 plate Mondeo that cost me £1000 <laugh>. Hopefully that means I'll get another few years out of it providing nothing else goes wrong.

My other car is a 61 plate Laguna <laugh> I bought back in 2017. I crashed that twice which cost me about £1200 and then the electronic handbrake got stuck which cost about another £700. Other problems included snapped coil springs, the front nearside tyre constantly going flat and stuck calipers.

However, I will always continue to buy cheaper second hand cars as I can afford a couple of big expenses a year. My garage also has a 0% interest payment scheme so I just use that. I couldn't afford to chuck £300-£400 a month at a car on finance though.