Pavel's eBar

What to do with empty filing cabinet in office?

Keep it, just in case.
11%
Remove it.
No votes
Shoot it.
11%
Fill with booze.
46%
Turn into modern art.
11%
Sell it to Ashley as our new star striker in exchange for a big mug and £5 SD voucher.
22%

Total votes: 37

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Pavel's eBar

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:00 pm

Seemed like some police were under instruction to let it it happen to me.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:57 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:44 pm
Donkey Toon wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:24 am

I agree. They used restraint and it was absolutely the right thing to do. Had there been numerous casualties it would have been not only a tragedy but also been seen as a massive moral victory for Trump and his base. Saying that i'm sure they will still make a martyr of the lady that died, she will become the Trumpist Horst Wessel.
Isn't there a middle ground though. Use tear gas, kettling and more bodies from National Guard to shut it down without shooting anyone. I can't agree it was the right thing to let them into the building. Imagine how scared the people inside were, it scares people off from working there. And could easily have went south.
The right will be emboldened to try again (this time armed?) because the police seem ineffectual/friendly
Absolutely agree. I questioned in an earlier post where the tear gas and rubber bullets were. I was just agreeing that it was a good idea not to gun them down with lethal force, like I suspect they would have done if it had been BLM or Antifa.

The incompetence of the defence of the building was either astonishing or they let them in. I'm thinking it was a mix of both.

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:02 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Blue & Maroon wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:48 pm

I'm glad it's not ended in bloodshed, I think it's what Trump wanted. A peaceful dismantling of these fucktards takes a lot of heat out of it all.

Not to say your statement is wrong, you're 100% right. If this was Antifa, or BLM or hell even just Biden supporters bodies would be piled high. Trump is Hitler in his bunker, all his support has gone all he can do is stir and it's failed.
I agree. They used restraint and it was absolutely the right thing to do. Had there been numerous casualties it would have been not only a tragedy but also been seen as a massive moral victory for Trump and his base. Saying that i'm sure they will still make a martyr of the lady that died, she will become the Trumpist Horst Wessel.

Can't help thinking that Trump will be delighted with how it turned out though. He has an historical moment that he can spin as the American people validating his claims of a stolen election. Something he can take with him into the future as a rallying call.

I don't have the words to fully express my contempt for that cronut.
This has already happened. She's being made out to be a martyr by the same people posting pictures of the main offenders and linking them to Antifa/BLM. So the storming of the building was all down the leftist extremists disguised as Trump supporters, except this one lady who was an unarmed patriot defending Trump and the constitution. It's very sad that she died, of course, but it was avoidable.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:15 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:02 pm
Donkey Toon wrote:

Can't help thinking that Trump will be delighted with how it turned out though. He has an historical moment that he can spin as the American people validating his claims of a stolen election. Something he can take with him into the future as a rallying call.

I don't have the words to fully express my contempt for that cronut.
This has already happened. She's being made out to be a martyr by the same people posting pictures of the main offenders and linking them to Antifa/BLM. So the storming of the building was all down the leftist extremists disguised as Trump supporters, except this one lady who was an unarmed patriot defending Trump and the constitution. It's very sad that she died, of course, but it was avoidable.
Yeah I know. I've seen posts suggesting that as she was a 14 year veteran of the Air Force, her being a veteran somehow validates the Trumpist cause. Her face will be on t-shirts soon. No doubt a song is in the making.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:34 pm

The amount of comments I read stating they were not Trump supportsrs but George Soros paid thugs was bizarre.

I thought Soros was busy paying for migrant caravans to plague the southern border!

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:46 pm

Just seen a vid from a media expert whose job is monitoring dark web comments. Reports that Trumpists are both celebrating and taking credit for the event, whilst also blaming it on Antifa. As he points out, logic, reasoning and consistency are not traits of these fuckwits.

Note: I added the bit about fuckwits.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:12 pm

I just hope that this is the end of it.

I have doubts though. I think we are about to see years of sectarian violence across the US. There are thousands of brainwashed Trump loyalists out there who may end up committing acts of terrorism.

If it is true that 39% of Americans think that the vote was illegitimate that is about 40 million people. If only 0.01% of those are crazy militia nut jobs that is 4000 heavily armed lunatics.....

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:38 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:46 pm
Just seen a vid from a media expert whose job is monitoring dark web comments. Reports that Trumpists are both celebrating and taking credit for the event, whilst also blaming it on Antifa. As he points out, logic, reasoning and consistency are not traits of these fuckwits.

Note: I added the bit about fuckwits.
Was just going to say this, half of Parlar saying its Antifa while the other half post selfies from inside the building <laugh>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:03 pm

I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:36 am

Looks like there is gonna be another coup attempt on the 20th

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:17 am

Hjl wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:36 am
Looks like there is gonna be another coup attempt on the 20th
I have been following Parlertakes on Twitter for weeks, it's my favourite account. This morning's developments have been utterly incredible. Apparently the lack of MFA from Twilio allowed some clever folk into the user database and they have effectively archived the entire site; users, posts, images, locations, verification information, deleted posts etc.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:54 am

Ordered some lunch for the family on Just Eat.

Delivery driver showed up and told me he had forgotten to pick up the food.

f***ing moron.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:13 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:54 am

f***ing moron.
<laugh>

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:57 pm

overseasTOON wrote:

f***ing moron.
<laugh> <laugh>

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:20 pm

overseasTOON wrote:

f***ing moron.
Hope you tipped!

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:46 am

lol yeah thats like their only job lol

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:42 am

I ordered, amount my other groceries, a bag of parsnips. They didn't have any so they decided to give me 5 large eggplants instead.......

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:05 am

Hjl wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:42 am
I ordered, amount my other groceries, a bag of parsnips. They didn't have any so they decided to give me 5 large eggplants instead.......
<laugh>

I forsee much Moussaka and Eggplant Parmigiana

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:52 am

A few months back they swapped the chives we had ordered for parsley. Not a major crime, but the chives were a major component of the dish we had planned!

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:53 am

Hjl wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:42 am
Aubergine <wenger>