Well then you should get one so I can call you a cronut
# stolen from nufc.com :)

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Re: Phones & Tablets

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:06 pm

Toondes wrote:**** off you cronuts with your s*** androids
Apple is a pain in the Arse to write responsive online products for because Steve jobs was a dick.

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:31 pm

Hi <roll>.

So the screen on my G3 s*** itself (again). My brother is back from Australia and I'm using one of his older (Australian) iPhones until I get mine fixed. It's supposed to be fully unlocked but when I put my sim in the signal is stuck on 'searching'. Any ideas? I'm on EE.

<negmas>
I dunno

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:15 pm

Never mind, it's working <divaxmas>
I dunno

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:36 pm

Duke wrote:Never mind, it's working <divaxmas>
I was going to suggest turning it upside down if it's an Australian phone.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:57 pm

I just bought a sim free Lumia 635 from tesco for £79, should do me for another 4-5 years <laugh>

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:01 pm

I really like the Windows Phone OS, it's just a shame about the lack of some apps, mainly snapchat and SkyGo

Seagull
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Seagull » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:06 pm

I've decided I'm sick of having a terrible phone which only charges if you have it in exactly the right position and crashes when I try to send texts.

Any recommendations for a phone equivalent to or better than an iPhone basically - good quality camera, able to run apps like instagram/snapchat - with a contract/deal as cheap as possible? Ideally I'd want a minimum of 3-4gb of data, don't care that much about the number of texts/minutes as much.

Having a look around on the internet but I'm not sure how good some of the different brands like Sony/Samsung actually are.
"He's on the computer in his underwear wasting time in some chitchat room, going back & forth with some other fuckin' jerkoff"

Tony Soprano

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:34 pm

Might be best to wait a few days, there will probably be a few deals thrown around post Christmas

Seagull
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Seagull » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:37 pm

Yeah, true.

This is what I am looking at for the moment, praying someone will come in with info on a much better deal :(.

Since posting this I have been told that is too much anyway.
"He's on the computer in his underwear wasting time in some chitchat room, going back & forth with some other fuckin' jerkoff"

Tony Soprano

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:22 pm

I want soutzoukakia smyrneika too wrote:I've decided I'm sick of having a terrible phone which only charges if you have it in exactly the right position and crashes when I try to send texts.

Any recommendations for a phone equivalent to or better than an iPhone basically - good quality camera, able to run apps like instagram/snapchat - with a contract/deal as cheap as possible? Ideally I'd want a minimum of 3-4gb of data, don't care that much about the number of texts/minutes as much.

Having a look around on the internet but I'm not sure how good some of the different brands like Sony/Samsung actually are.
Sony Xperias are brilliant <ok>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Lidl

Post by Lidl » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:43 pm

Yeah I've got an Xperia M2 I think (it's either 2 or 3) and it's great. Dropped it a shitload of times and it works perfectly, only issue is the front camera is an absolute pile of w*** unless you're pretty much in direct sunlight.
If This Is How You Folks Make Art, Well That's f***ing Depressing

Get It On My Back You Slag!

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:51 pm

LiDL wrote:Yeah I've got an Xperia M2 I think (it's either 2 or 3) and it's great. Dropped it a shitload of times and it works perfectly, only issue is the front camera is an absolute pile of w*** unless you're pretty much in direct sunlight.
Yeah I've easily dropped mine 5 or 6 times onto hard floors and it's absolutely fine (and I don't even have a case). The main camera is brilliant, I don't even bother taking an actual camera on holiday now, just use my phone. Definitely sticking with Xperias in future.

Can't really comment on the front facing camera as I don't take selfies etc so never use it.

asbo
Celestron Astromaster
Celestron Astromaster

Post by asbo » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:58 pm

LiDL wrote:Yeah I've got an Xperia M2 I think (it's either 2 or 3) and it's great. Dropped it a shitload of times and it works perfectly, only issue is the front camera is an absolute pile of w*** unless you're pretty much in direct sunlight.
Bodacious Benny wrote:Yeah I've easily dropped mine 5 or 6 times onto hard floors and it's absolutely fine (and I don't even have a case). The main camera is brilliant, I don't even bother taking an actual camera on holiday now, just use my phone. Definitely sticking with Xperias in future.

Can't really comment on the front facing camera as I don't take selfies etc so never use it.
Tragic that in this day and age, stuff like this doesn't go without saying for all phones. You're not supposed to iPhones in your pocket because they bend.

Why do people place so much importance on camera quality? You can buy a DSLR for less than a phone, the picture quality shits all over it and it will last for years, decades even, unlike a smartphone which you're lucky to get two years out of.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:42 pm

AbsolutelyGlorious wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:Yeah I've easily dropped mine 5 or 6 times onto hard floors and it's absolutely fine (and I don't even have a case). The main camera is brilliant, I don't even bother taking an actual camera on holiday now, just use my phone. Definitely sticking with Xperias in future.

Tragic that in this day and age, stuff like this doesn't go without saying for all phones. You're not supposed to iPhones in your pocket because they bend.

Why do people place so much importance on camera quality? You can buy a DSLR for less than a phone, the picture quality s**** all over it and it will last for years, decades even, unlike a smartphone which you're lucky to get two years out of.
I place importance on camera quality as I like to travel light. I don't want a camera as well as a phone to carry about, so for me it's convenience. Yeah DSLR picture quality will be better, goes without saying. But a decent camera phone gives me more than enough quality pictures.

Any I agree, iPhones etc are seriously flawed seen as they can't generally survive even a small fall without the screen shattering.

black&white78
Tindall's Hoody

Post by black&white78 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:07 am

Got a Samsung Galaxy S5. Best phone I've had, apart from when the Android software update pretty much rendered it useless. Had to do a factory reset and it was like new again.

Now a few months on I've got another Android software update pending, I'm trying to ignore and just put it off but not sure if the phone will automatically just do it itself eventually or not?

el héroe
Worst Santa Ever
Worst Santa Ever

Post by el héroe » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:55 pm

I may try a Sony phone. Had a Samsung Galaxy for years and yeah the updates are horrendous along with Google wanting to know every time you s**** !!
'I WILL DO WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE'

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:09 am

If updates and shovelware annoy you, I would recommend Motorola. They ship with android and very few extras.
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:55 pm

Or go with a Nexus for zero bloatware, just a stock android experience that also gets the updates first.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:15 pm

Cal wrote:Or go with a Nexus for zero bloatware, just a stock android experience that also gets the updates first.
Yeah it's a good shout (I went Moto G cos didn't want to pay for high end phone)
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012